How Far will Stanford Drop & Does Baylor | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How Far will Stanford Drop & Does Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
All this talk about Sims getting hurt and "IF" she couldve played Baylor wouldve won. There are alot of "ifs' in sports and "what ifs" Nobody made any excuses for UConns wins over MD Penn St and Stanford because of their injuries and viruses. Note( Hartley comingback from her injury, Tuck injured Stokes Injured MOJeff with a virus and KML with a injury and virus) UConn still won and it really wasnt that close. Injuries are part of the game and you need to be deep enough to overcome that. When you have Griner and Chiney goes off on her the problem is not Sims its how can Dolsen and UCOnn stop Chiney and Baylor with 6'8 Griner didnt?????? IMO if Baylor is truly number 1 they should not allowed Chiney to go off on them, with the POY guarding her. That tells me theyre not number 1 and perhaps Griner is not POY????

We must have different definitions of "going off." I don't consider 18 points as going off but maybe some do. I guess she "went off" on Baylor and UCONN since she had 18 in both games. Baylor did, however, limit her to 8 rebounds, whereas UCONN allowed her to grab 13 rebounds.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
USA Coach's poll has Stanford 3 Duke 4 and I trust the coaches more than the writers, don't you?
It's all subjective and personal opinion until the final game in April.

For now, I'll trust my own eyes and instincts more than any writer or coach who has their own unique biases, to wit...who are the three writers that continue to think Baylor is better than UConn after witnessing the "Massacre at Maples"?! ;)

Reaction Score
It's all subjective and personal opinion until the final game in April.

For now, I'll trust my own eyes and instincts more than any writer or coach who has their own unique biases, to wit...who are the three writers that continue to think Baylor is better than UConn after witnessing the "Massacre at Maples"?! ;)
I agree with you! I know one of the writers was from Waco;) Not sure who the others are?
Ira
I do think that we are 1 and 2. If Baylor had not lost they would have deserved to remain as #1,but
they did lose even though by 2 with Sims only playing 4 mins. I thought the loss should have made us #1,but obviousely the voters thought otherwise. I remember the thread discussing this after the game.
I feel the way I did prior to the season. Baylor and US are 1 and 2 and will battle for the top spot on Feb 18th:p The 2 teams are seperrated by a gap from 3 and 4.

Reaction Score
No. The coaches' poll is a joke.
I think you are wrong the writers have their favorites, for example Voepel never writes anything good about UConn or Geno and most writers have their favorites due to the media market they write for. It is my understanding that the coaches can't vote for their own team.So again I think you are wrong.

Reaction Score
I think you are wrong the writers have their favorites, for example Voepel never writes anything good about UConn or Geno and most writers have their favorites due to the media market they write for. It is my understanding that the coaches can't vote for their own team.So again I think you are wrong.

You can easily search Mechelle's archived columns on ESPN using UConn and/or Geno. I found over 100 columns overs the years. Some great stuff.

Coaches often ask their assistants for feedback regarding voting given they see opposing teams more, especially for scouting purposes.

Reaction Score

The coaches poll sticks to a narrow "win=move up; lose=move down" philosophy, regardless of quality of win/loss. There are also numerous reports of the rankings being done by assistants or the AD. Not to mention that coaches are usually too busy to watch many games.
The coaches poll is undoubtedly worse than the writers poll in all sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom