How Far will Stanford Drop & Does Baylor | The Boneyard

How Far will Stanford Drop & Does Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
still get votes as the #1 Team Baylor got 2 votes in the AP Poll and 1 in the Coaches Poll. Does today's convincing win over Stanford get UConn all the #1 votes?

Could Stanford drop to 5th behind UConn, Baylor, Duke, Notre Dame?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
4th maybe. No way they drop lower than ND! I say they will be #2.

Reaction Score
UConn will be unanimous #1.
Stanford & Baylor will split #2 votes. I personally would put Baylor #2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think some voters will put Stanford at 2, others at 4, most at 3. I'd put them at 3, but just above Duke. The margin of the home loss today and the absence of Odyssey Sims do matter.

Baylor may still get 1-2 first place votes, but I don't think they should now.

Reaction Score
I can almost guarantee that Baylor will get one or two 1st place votes. There are always one or two voters who see things a little differently than the rest.

I say Baylor goes to 2 and Stanford 3 but it will be close.

Reaction Score
I can almost guarantee that Baylor will get one or two 1st place votes. There are always one or two voters who see things a little differently than the rest.

During the 90 game winning streak UConn went 37 straight polls over the course of two years in which they garnered every first place vote on every ballot in both the AP and Coaches poll. Not even a single dissenting voter for almost two straight years. Now that is serious, serious domination.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
During the 90 game winning streak UConn went 37 straight polls over the course of two years in which they garnered every first place vote on every ballot in both the AP and Coaches poll. Not even a single dissenting voter for almost two straight years. Now that is serious, serious domination.
Yes, it is. Maya, Tina, et al. set the bar very high. We had the best coaches, two best players, and best supporting cast. Oh, and the best fan board. :)

Reaction Score

Like anybody could even know that Napoleon.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
UConn will be unanimous #1 and Stanford will drop to #4 behind still undefeated Duke. The magnitude of this loss, at home, is significant.

Reaction Score
Like anybody could even know that Napoleon.

You don't know the half of it.

In 2009, there were 809 ballots cast in the AP poll over the course of the season. UConn received 807 firsts. Stanford (in the preseason poll) and North Caroling (in week 2) received the other two. In the ESPN/USA poll, UConn received 588 of 589 1st place votes. Tennessee, in the preseason received the other one.

In 2010, UConn received all 760 1st place votes from the AP and all 619 from ESPN/USA

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So it took a few voters just a little time to get with the program. All they had to do was watch Maya Moore for a few minutes to know.

Reaction Score
So it took a few voters just a little time to get with the program. All they had to do was watch Maya Moore for a few minutes to know.

Two of the dissenters were in the preseason, so maybe they hadn't believed what was posted on the Boneyard without actully seeing then play first. The Carolina voter in week 2 I can't account for though -- probably could give us a dozen reasons even today why their vote was justified.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two of the dissenters were in the preseason, so maybe they hadn't believed what was posted on the Boneyard without actully seeing then play first. The Carolina voter in week 2 I can't account for though -- probably could give us a dozen reasons even today why their vote was justified.
They had the entire prior season to watch Maya become the most decorated freshman ever.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yes, it is. Maya, Tina, et al. set the bar very high. We had the best coaches, two best players, and best supporting cast. Oh, and the best fan board. :)
And Monty!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
At this stage, Baylor should not be #1. Although Sims missed most of the game against Stanford, they still lost by two on a neutral court. UConn beat Stanford by 26 on Stanford's court. Baylor probably wins that game if they have Sims, but not by 26. I put Baylor solidly at #2 and leave them there with the assumption that it will be decided on 2/18 if both teams are unbeaten in the interim.

Reaction Score
Nah, they'll be kind and drop them the 3rd. Helps to set up another 1 vs 2. Anyways it's only Stanford's first loss and it was only to the team immediately behind them in the rankings, plus 1 for the drubbing.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor may still get the 2 #1 votes. The voters already thought Baylor was superior to the rest of the teams in spite of the loss. Not sure a win over a team that they already held as inferior to Baylor will change their vote.

I think a good percentage of people, which should include the so called experts, understood that Sims absence in the Stanford game changed the whole completion of the match-up. I still think that if KMR knew for even a minute that she wouldn't have Sims that there would have been a game plan that would have more than made up for the 2 point loss. UConn should have moved to #1 after that game. Elevating Stanford to #1 was ridiculous.

Stanford will drop to #3, but that is still a higher rating then they deserve. As good as Chiney is make no mistake it was Nneka that separated Stanford from the pack. Chiney is not enough and good defensive teams can control the rest.

Reaction Score
Uconn #1 and Baylor #2. I think it will be a close vote between Stanford and undefeated Duke for #3 and #4. I give the edge to Duke for #3 because of the 25-point margin in the game.

Reaction Score
Duke has only played and beat one ranked team so far. I'm surprised they are ranked as high as they are considering who they have played so far. Stanford is 3-1 vs top 25, UConn 5-0, Baylor 3-1 and Notre Dame is also 3-1. Sorry Duke, 1-0 doesn't cut it for a #4 ranking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom