How dumb is Xavier? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How dumb is Xavier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Halloway can kiss his NBA career away with his comments, no way anyone's going to take a chance on someone with that kind of attitude.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think it was 70-30 Cincy - the fight doesn't start without Xavier putting someone on the ground first.

It's 50-50 - Yates will get the press, but Xavier had two guys running into the corner to get a Cincy player who was being restrained.

Reaction Score
The kid from the bench (#13 I think) who kicked Frease while he was down should be gone for a very long time also! Just an ugly situation from both ends and possibly even the refs can be held accountable. Should have stopped the trash talking during the game and especially at halftime.

65%-35% Cincy though!

Reaction Score
Not the players - they're garden-variety idiots.

But how duck*ing dumb is the Xavier athletic department to put those dumb bastards front and center during the post game press conference?

It was so bad and then they managed to put a schmuck like Holloway out there to rep their university where he basically dug a huge hole and threw their basketball program into it.
First thing I thought about when I was listening to Holloway also. Just makes the whole program and school look ridiculous.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Atleast Cincy won the fight. Because theyre not gonna be winning many games this season.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The actual quote is "we got a whole bunch of gangstas in the locker room." He continued to say "Not thugs but gangstas," but for me, it was over after the first gangstas.

Reaction Score
It's definitely not all on Cincy. If that fight breaks out in front of the other bench it's on Xavier. Cronin handled the presser like a man, but only time will tell on how he follows thru. This incident is 50-50 on both squads for not understanding that a rivalry means trying to beat the opposing team in basketball, and not in MMA.

caw

Reaction Score
Man I like Holloway as a player but that was some really dumb stuff.

Cincy looks a lot worse in this fight for two reasons, it was in front of the Cincy bench so more players were involved right away and Gates connected, others from both teams were throwing punches but Gates just straight up demolished his opponent.

Probably knocks Cincy out of the NCAA's and severely changes Xavier's season. Creepy thing is reading Xavier fans' reaction.

Reaction Score
you gotta have at least some respect for Cronin based on his comments... we shall see what happens with suspensions, but at least he said some good things... the only think I would have shied away from was talking about any Xavier guys in the presser... although he was guided towards some questions about them... i would have paid to watch Cronin try to take a jersey off of one of his players... I bet it was some sort of scene in the locker rooms after the game
I agree, I thought Cronin was good. Best comment was that the Big East refs don't put up with that crap. Clearly looks the refs were out of their league in controlling the game

Reaction Score
After his gangsta quote there is absolutely no way that that Holloway can win player of the year

Reaction Score
People that want to throw it all, or the majority of it on Cincy are reacting to one thing-the punch. I don't know what went on in the lead up to the game, but Xavier was certainly doing their fair share of talking and instigating. They are all at fault here and the Xavier post game comments just confirm what their mindset was headed into this thing. These guys all seemed very willing to get into it once it all started.

Reaction Score
Halloway can kiss his NBA career away with his comments, no way anyone's going to take a chance on someone with that kind of attitude.
You must mean the National Bowling Association because the NBA that I know this behavior will fit right in.

Reaction Score
The actual quote is "we got a whole bunch of gangstas in the locker room." He continued to say "Not thugs but gangstas," but for me, it was over after the first gangstas.
Meh.
The word "gansta" means something different to an 18 year old black kid from the ghetto than it does to a bunch of pot bellied white guys like us pontificating on a message board.
He clearly wasn't trying to say that they were criminals.
He was trying to say that they would not be pushed around.
If he had used "tough dudes" or "fighters" then there would have been nothing said about the comment.

Regarding who started it.

Well, the guy on X who double arm pushed the dude to the ground is the chowder head who deserves the harshest punishment, in my opinion. Of them all. If he doesn't do that, you probably get a whistle and a double T.

Instead, you get that.

Reaction Score
Meh.
The word "gansta" means something different to an 18 year old black kid from the ghetto than it does to a bunch of pot bellied white guys like us pontificating on a message board.
If he had used "tough dudes" or "fighters" then there would have been nothing said about the comment.

Well, the guy on X who double arm pushed the dude to the ground is the chowder head who deserves the harshest punishment, in my opinion. Of them all. If he doesn't do that, you probably get a whistle and a double T.

Instead, you get that.

How on earth do you know what he was trying to say??? aren't you a "pot bellied white guy"???

Heres what the Urban dictionary says;

1. gangsta
A sociopathic member of the inner-city underclass, known primarily for being antisocial and uneducated. Also known for ready access to illegal drugs and weapons, and staggeringly poor marksmanship.
:)

Reaction Score
I think you can come away feeling embarrassed about it, no matter what 'gangsta' means to you or how you perceive that he meant it.

One issue that is clear is that he is a college senior. He should have handled himself better.

Reaction Score
Meh.

Instead, you get that.
I resent your blantantly racist comment!!
Not all pot bellied guys are white.

Reaction Score
Didn't it seem obvious that he meant they have tough kids that aren't going to get pushed around? That seemed pretty clear to me.

I kind of like the "zip em up" motto, to be honest. I wish Shabazz had come up with that.

Reaction Score
Kind of hard to walk away from sucker shots and guys relentlessy charging and throwing punches.

90% of the actions and responsibility lies with Cincy.
How do you figure the responsibility lies with Cincinnati after watching the vid? Wells push represented 10%? No question the 3 Xavier guards right now are playing (basketball) better than any trio of guards in America (and are tough minded kids). The events leading up to the Gates punch however appear to be instigated primarily by Xavier players particularly Wells. Things escalated after that.

Reaction Score
The kid embarrassed the school bottom line....his audience that is behind the camera and the notebooks can't relate to his gangsta and zip em up references. Poor job by that kid and Xavier comes out of this thing looking anything but lily white.

Reaction Score
Looked to me when the Cincy and X player were face to face at end of game a X player instead of breaking it up or trying to he pushed the Cincy guy and the rest is history. Not thinking Cincy is in any way looking good in all this but not really liking the X thing also. Big repercussions.

Reaction Score
Not the players - they're garden-variety idiots.

But how duck*ing dumb is the Xavier athletic department to put those dumb bastards front and center during the post game press conference?

It was so bad and then they managed to put a schmuck like Holloway out there to rep their university where he basically dug a huge hole and threw their basketball program into it.[/q
I've got to say, that may be the first time I"ve been impressed with Mick Cronin. Notice his players were nowhere in sight.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

See Ron Artest oops, I mean Metta World Peace

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rather than putting percentages I'll say that the responsibility of this lays with the refs, the coaches and the players on both teams. Unlike the incident in China, the audience is absolved. The NCAA will have a lot of video to examine in determining punishments.

The BE is certainly in the lead for bench clearing brawls. I can't wait for the Cinci, Georgtown matchup. Of course Cinci will most likely be missing most of its heavy hitters.

Cronin said the right things including that his job might be on the line. It was damage control, but a good part of it was to keep his job. I guess a private Jesuit, Catholic University doesn't put the fear of G*d in you like a state public university otherwise Chris Mack would have been out there preaching discipline like Cronin.

Of course Mack has more to lose than Cronin, whose team is certainly not the team people projected. Mack wouldn't dare throw some of his teams culprits off the team because his team has a chance to do something special in the tournament this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom