OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
When a symphonic metal band plays with a full orchestra (sorry this is cheating a little bit because there are some vocals from the chorus, but no words). Darth Vader definitely deserves some head banging for his theme music. Skip to about 3 minutes for the rockin' stuff.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just popping in and hopefully not repeating:

Ooopps there is a vocal ... bad, bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scud, this might have been, along with Peter Gunn and Hawaii Five O, the greatest theme for a television show ever. I was in Pittsburgh when they filmed the show that guest starred Lee Marvin. The story I got was that George Maharias, who appeared as "Buzz" got carried away in one of the fight scenes with Marvin. Marvin, who was a highly decorated hero during WW2, apparently grabbed him and established a line of communication. There were no further problems. Shortly after that Maharias left the show claiming "health problems."

Hey Steeler, wow, great story - I'll have to see if I can find that episode somewhere - I haven't seen any of those old shows for a long time, so I'm due anyway.:D

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Wow, it's been a long time since I heard that. I have a CD ripped from the LP; I'll have to dig it up. The early EWF stuff is amazing (love the kalimba). It's really different from their later stuff, but there's an underlying style/vibe that's always present.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Early in the thread there was a guitarist named Leo. I figured it was this guy, but it was a different Leo.

I used to play (a very simplified version of) that on the mountain dulcimer. Believe it or not, it was quite recognizable. I still marvel at a bottleneck being used on a 12-string.

Reaction Score
Sorry there's no Korean translation, but she is a gifted guitarist named Haeun Jang Pilos. (I just don't know how her hair doesn't get in the way.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Freeway Jam Live - Jeff Beck & Jan Hammer
Birdland - Weather Report - Jaco vocalizes but doesn't sing
The Firebird Suite - Stravinsky
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Elizabeth Munson, cello - John Morgan, piano

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads