OT: How about some instrumentals

Reaction Score
Freeway Jam Live - Jeff Beck & Jan Hammer
Birdland - Weather Report - Jaco vocalizes but doesn't sing
The Firebird Suite - Stravinsky
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Elizabeth Munson, cello - John Morgan, piano
Freeway Jam -Great Choice

Reaction Score
Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays, 1977. The song is a live version of San Lorenzo - taken off of a 4 song EP that was released to radio stations only. Perhaps the most beautiful instrumental I have ever heard:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Early in the thread there was a guitarist named Leo. I figured it was this guy, but it was a different Leo.

NW, He does one called "Ring, Ring". You can get it on Youtube. It's also a vocal. He does not have the most classical voice but it is suited to the type of material he does. Also, "Senora's Death Row".

Reaction Score
Hey Steeler, wow, great story - I'll have to see if I can find that episode somewhere - I haven't seen any of those old shows for a long time, so I'm due anyway.:D
Scud, I downloaded all of them from Youtube. If you can't get it I'll try to post it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Mendelson, not wanting his first experience to the new music to be marred by the poor audio qualities of a telephone, suggested coming over to Guaraldi’s studio. Guaraldi enthusiastically refused, saying "I’ve got to play this for someone right now or I’ll explode!" He then begun playing the yet-untitled "Linus and Lucy" for Mendelson, who agreed the song was perfect for Schulz’s Peanuts characters.'
more than a half century later, the aftershocks continue to reverberate. school's in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom