OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

Reaction Score
What a great thread!!! Too bad the genre is dead as far as radio is concerned, I haven't heard an instrumental on mainstream radio since one of the guys from U2 re-made "The Mission: Impossible" theme for the Tom Cruise movie back in the mid 1990s!!!

Reaction Score
AKUS have always had some instrumentals in their repertoire, this is just the first one I grabbed.

edit--grabbed something else, better audio quality

There's pretty much an endless supply of bluegrass instrumentals.

If you enjoy bluegrass and fiddle try Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper

Reaction Score
Tubular Bells, by Mike Oldfield. A classic, and the "b" side isn't bad either. Very niche, I suppose, but it was popular when I was in school and I (very occasionally) give it a listen.
Yea, then I think of her head during a 180.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
We could go all day with bluegrass tunes. Flat & Scruggs might have a thing or two to say about that. Here's one from the original, Mr. Bill Monroe.

Reaction Score
Dust In The Wind (Kansas cover) instrumental by Leo

Kaizan, this is a real classic. A guitarist named Doyle Dykes does a fantastic job on it solo. I just posted his "Wabash Cannonball". GIve it a try.

Reaction Score
Route 66 theme by Nelson Riddle and his orchestra - probably about as classic as you can get: :)

Scud, this might have been, along with Peter Gunn and Hawaii Five O, the greatest theme for a television show ever. I was in Pittsburgh when they filmed the show that guest starred Lee Marvin. The story I got was that George Maharias, who appeared as "Buzz" got carried away in one of the fight scenes with Marvin. Marvin, who was a highly decorated hero during WW2, apparently grabbed him and established a line of communication. There were no further problems. Shortly after that Maharias left the show claiming "health problems."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you've ever wondered what would happen if some metalheads got their hands on cellos...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom