OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Just remembered this duo. I haven't had the good fortune to run into them. They do these short performances on hikes all over my Cascade Mountains. Usually first or last light, so the mountain air can be quite chilly. I've read or heard that it can be challenging tuning their instruments. And overcoming numbed fingers.

Starting at about :37 seconds, the 4 peaks directly behind them are Del Campo, Morningstar, Vesper and Sperry. I've climbed all of those in addition to Dickerman. Just a little idea of what's in my back yard. Not too bad. :cool:

Not bad at all, my friend. BTW, those mountains are not too bad either.;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Here is a beautiful Henry Mancini version of the theme from 'The Days of Wine and Roses" film. The title is a reference to a poem, "Vitae Sum Brevis Spem Nos Vetat Incohare Longam". The author, Ernest Dowson, was a brilliant but troubled young man who seems wise beyond his time, which unfortunately was as brief as the aforementioned verse.

Reaction Score

Al Pettaway is a finger style quitar virtuoso originally from the DC suburbs who is now located outside of Asheville NC. His work has been featured in several National Geographic Specials and one of his compositions, "Sligo Creek" was the main theme used in Ken Burns' documentary on the National Parks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

i did not realize until now that one of my favorite tunes, Hypnotize by biggie, is a ripoff of this. mr smalls is no longer with us. mr alpert? 'As of 2019, the Alperts live on a 5.5 acres beachfront compound on the Pacific Coast Highway in West Malibu, which Herb Alpert acquired in the early 1970s.' herb wins. someone/something is keeping score.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom