OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Here is a 1965 version of Earl Hagen's classic. Listen to the end outro by the radio announcer . He is touting the end of rock and roll. :eek: BTW, after posting this video I glanced at the comments. One guy said "I once knew a girl who looked that song sounds," Just the best comment ever! I never met that lady, but I am probably better off for having missed her.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anyone remember this one? At work we'd heard that the Flying Toasters were going to have music several weeks before it was released and gathered 'round the Mac of the first guy who received it to watch and listen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
'Mendelson, not wanting his first experience to the new music to be marred by the poor audio qualities of a telephone, suggested coming over to Guaraldi’s studio. Guaraldi enthusiastically refused, saying "I’ve got to play this for someone right now or I’ll explode!" He then begun playing the yet-untitled "Linus and Lucy" for Mendelson, who agreed the song was perfect for Schulz’s Peanuts characters.'
more than a half century later, the aftershocks continue to reverberate. school's in.

That is excellent!

Reaction Score
This is 1 of my favorite YT clips - Italian street performer playing Stairway to Heaven. Amazing.

Reaction Score
One of the most beautiful film themes I've ever encountered, by the iconic master Ennio Morricone (R.I.P. 7/6/2020):

From the (rather disturbingly dark) film, Malena (hyperlinked).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tubular Bells, by Mike Oldfield. A classic, and the "b" side isn't bad either. Very niche, I suppose, but it was popular when I was in school and I (very occasionally) give it a listen.
I like his version when it came out, but since then Sina came out with drums added and just love it more.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When a symphonic metal band plays with a full orchestra (sorry this is cheating a little bit because there are some vocals from the chorus, but no words). Darth Vader definitely deserves some head banging for his theme music. Skip to about 3 minutes for the rockin' stuff.

I like Pentatonix's version of the Star Wars theme song, no instruments just their voices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom