OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

Reaction Score

CL, maybe one of the greatest combinations of a cast, photography, and plot ever. When you watch one of the battles you suddenly realize that the ship itself is a weapon used against the crew when those wood chips start flying.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
And of course, one of the greatest of all time:

This performance ,which electrified the crowd at Woodstock, made instant stars of Carlos Santana and the 20 year old drummer Michael Shrieve. It was rumored that Bill Graham leveraged his ties with Woodstock promoters to get the unknown Santana this gig. Well done!

Reaction Score
This performance ,which electrified the crowd at Woodstock, made instant stars of Carlos Santana and the 20 year old drummer Michael Shrieve. It was rumored that Bill Graham leveraged his ties with Woodstock promoters to get the unknown Santana this gig. Well done!

Gotta say Bama one time I read their record label had 2 artists that wanted to go - Santana and It's a Beautiful Day. Because of limited expenses, they could only afford to send one of those 2 groups. A coin filp took place, Santana won, and the rest is history. One of these days I'll have to see if I can verify that story.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Gotta say Bama one time I read their record label had 2 artists that wanted to go - Santana and It's a Beautiful Day. Because of limited expenses, they could only afford to send one of those 2 groups. A coin filp took place, Santana won, and the rest is history. One of these days I'll have to see if I can verify that story.
There is reference to the coin flip by Michael Lang in the band's Wikipedia page. Apparently Graham was using The Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane as bargaining chips to get another band onstage. He was a sharp entrepreneur and sensed that Woodstock would be a huge boost to the careers of relatively unknown bands. Of course I profess no personal knowledge of these machinations, and only speak as to what I have heard over the years. I must admit that I am one of approximately twelve people who were alive that weekend who did not ever pretend to have been in Bethel, N. Y. in August of 1969. I was on my first ever ocean beach vacation in Hampton Beach, N. H. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is reference to the coin flip by Michael Lang in the band's Wikipedia page. Apparently Graham was using The Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane as bargaining chips to get another band onstage. He was a sharp entrepreneur and sensed that Woodstock would be a huge boost to the careers of relatively unknown bands. Of course I profess no personal knowledge of these machinations, and only speak as to what I have heard over the years. I must admit that I am one of approximately twelve people who were alive that weekend who did not ever pretend to have been in Bethel, N. Y. in August of 1969. I was on my first ever ocean beach vacation in Hampton Beach, N. H. :)
I had plans to go and meet a friend from UConn there, but work and summer school put an end to that. One of the guys I worked with (furniture store delivery) asked if anyone wanted to go Saturday after work. By then we had all heard of the huge traffic jams. and decided walking 20 miles wasn't worth it. He told us he stopped for gas about 30 miles away, and a local showed him back roads to get him within a mile of the stage. He stayed until Sunday morning then drove home the same way. said no traffic issues at all. Still not sure I believe him.
I did go to the Watkins Glen fiasco in '73. Took a long motorcycle ride and camped along the way with about 6-8 friends. Got there Wednesday, and by Friday you couldn't move. Never heard much music as helicopters were coming and going regularly. Don't expect any creature comforts with 600k people.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There are 237 posts and not a one of them has one of the greatest instrumentals ever done, Wipe Out by The Surfaris. I posted the cover done by Sina, she was 17 at the time that it was posted on You Tube. The guitarist is her father who was in the Silver Beatles, one of the Beatles Tribute bands in Europe.

Last edited:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
A friend took me to see Buckethead. He's the real deal. Jaw-dropping guitarist
song title is 'Soothsayer'

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics