Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL, mercy rule?

We gave them their only loss last season. There will be no mercy tonight.
Change the batteries in your sarcasm meter. But I was also only semi kidding. 28-7 in the second quarter. Glad you're feeling more confident than I am.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I believe he's trying to motivate them. Have you never seen this before? A senior leader, literally leading.
So can I expect yelling at the Ryder Cup this weekend as a means of motivation for team USA ?

That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Anything that isn't defeatist, predictable and overly-conservative like they have been for the past 4 1/2 games.
Have you been watching this game? Can you tell me the last run play they ran? Can you tell me what happened when we ran plays that put three easily attainable touchdowns on the table that were promptly screwed up by a drop and two awful throws? Our coaching staff has schemed a game plan that put us in position to be TIED right now. There has been nothing defeatist or overly conservative about our offense tonight. The only thing predictable is that Thomas is outrunning their secondary left and right but BS can't hit him over the to to save his life. If you're the OC, why would you keep running that play if BS can't make the throw?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
NO more defensive coordinators for Head coach.

That's short sighted Pal.

If Orlando came, and let Applewhite do his thing, it would be amazing. Not allo defensive coaches are as scared as Diaco.

Look at Bellicheck and Saban. Defensive guys, who let their OC do their thing and score a ton of points.

ETA: I dont think you realize how awesome a coach Orlando is. He is a really really good football mind.

Reaction Score
At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jordan McAfee given the chance to compete as a true frosh next year. He has more P5 offers as a QB than all of the ones we have on roster combined.
If he ever ends up at UConn.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Have you been watching this game? Can you tell me the last run play they ran? Can you tell me what happened when we ran plays that put three easily attainable touchdowns on the table that were promptly screwed up by a drop and two awful throws? Our coaching staff has schemed a game plan that put us in position to be TIED right now. There has been nothing defeatist or overly conservative about our offense tonight. The only thing predictable is that Thomas is outrunning their secondary left and right but BS can't hit him over the to to save his life. If you're the OC, why would you keep running that play if BS can't make the throw?

People are frustrated - I get it. Doesn't mean they have to be rational or logical.

Reaction Score
No not turtle up at all, my point is the offensive game plan tonight, outside of the punt on the 38, is the LAST reason we're losing. Our offensive game plan tonight has put two gimme touchdowns on the plate that BS airmailed to Dallas. Our game plan put a slant route on the plate to Hergy that was dropped with a direct line to the end zone. It's not the coaching tonight.

Then we agree - I think. But my point is we need to continue to run a diverse offense even if it doesn't work here. If the play is there go for it. If we bail because of a few bad throws we'll never get the timing down. Shirreffs needs the reps in the game after being conservative for 2 years. Maybe he can't do it but the alternative is just a more agonizing slow death.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The coaches Defensive schemes on D were to give up 28 second quarter points.

Bob is the smartest man in the room.

Reaction Score
At some point in this decade we need a team that can compete head to head with quality teams. God I miss the old days when there was a shot.

Reaction Score

I'm hardly absolving Shirrefs at all (or the players in general), but in light of the fact that hardly anything has gone their way offensively, along with their failure to help keep the defense off the field, then Diaco needs to adjust rather than dogmatically sticking to the script and throwing in the towel on the game like every failed game plan is just a reset button until the next game. It always looks like Diaco is playing checkers, and everybody else is playing chess.

Reaction Score
Hergy has a lot of potential but he missed a big chance on the slant. On offense we had our chances but missed due to execution. I would eliminate the FB from our offense. It is useless and has given us nothing but telegraphed a running play. On defense Diaco is putting a team on the field that will struggle against the pass happy teams (most of our conference) in our league. Not fast enough and the 8 to 10 yard cushion is failing.

Reaction Score
I believe he's trying to motivate them. Have you never seen this before? A senior leader, literally leading.

Looks to me like he is screaming at them. I have seen players leading by high fiving each other saying they believe in them. Did that look like Thomas was trying to motivate them?

Hate when players do that. I love when players try to get their teammates fired up. Hate when they get on their teammates. Could just be me.

We have some bad players on this team. Doesn't mean they aren't trying their best. Having a teammate get on your case during a game accomplishes nothing.

Reaction Score
At some point in this decade we need a team that can compete head to head with quality teams. God I miss the old days when there was a shot.

Maybe I'm forgetting 1 or 2, but when were these games where we competed with a legit top 10 team on the road?

Reaction Score
it should be tied, that mayala drop should have been a touchdown
Could be but the quarterback has missed a lot of open passes. Tough to beat good teams that way. But at least they are passing rather than running Johnson into the line three times and then punt.

Reaction Score
So can I expect yelling at the Ryder Cup this weekend as a means of motivation for team USA ?

That would be awesome.
Football and Golf are two completely different sports in two completely different areas. And I absolutely expect that to be a jab at my back ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom