Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only question left is, who win's the "New Thread Title after the first half" award.

Reaction Score
Our lethargic offensive complacency doesn't help, though. But yes, their defense is solid.
Please tell me what type of offensive play you'd like to see them run in this game that hasn't been run. Flea flickers and statue plays?

Reaction Score
We need more 2 minute drill offensive sets - simple! And blitz on D. Crazy Diaco onside kick to start 2nd half. There.

Reaction Score
Expand what? He's run sweeps, he's run slants, he's run deep throws, he's run draw plays, he's run TE's in the flats, he's run the ball, he's played power run all in the first half. He's noticed Thomas is outrunning this defense left and right and gotten the ball in his hands as many ways as he possibly can. What else would you like Diaco to do? Yes, the punt was dumb. That's it. This game is two open receivers from being 28-21, and possibly 28-28 if Hergy catches that ball.

So you want to turtle up. I just admitted it was on the players but to keep trying. We did and just scored.

Reaction Score
At least they're trying to win!!!!! Go NT. Even if we lose 56-21, at least try and play football. Throw some more passes to NT. Play aggressive on D. So what if give up a TD. We aren't stopping anyone with our soft zones

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Please tell me what type of offensive play you'd like to see them run in this game that hasn't been run. Flea flickers and statue plays?
Looks like the problem right now is D - the head coaches forte - or am I wrong again?

Reaction Score
So you want to turtle up. I just admitted it was on the players but to keep trying. We did and just scored.
No not turtle up at all, my point is the offensive game plan tonight, outside of the punt on the 38, is the LAST reason we're losing. Our offensive game plan tonight has put two gimme touchdowns on the plate that BS airmailed to Dallas. Our game plan put a slant route on the plate to Hergy that was dropped with a direct line to the end zone. It's not the coaching tonight.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Diaco hasn't gotten us killed. The secondary has

It's Diaco's philosophy to play soft zone and give them space to work our safeties

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's Diaco's philosophy to play soft zone and give them space to work our safeties

I have to say that I REALLY miss Todd Orlando, and he's unfortunately on the other sideline tonight...

Reaction Score

I don't know. Anything that isn't defeatist, predictable and overly-conservative like they have been for the past 4 1/2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom