Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Football and Golf are two completely different sports in two completely different areas. And I absolutely expect that to be a jab at my back ground.
It is your forte - golf that is.

We all know you were wrong on Boyle after seeing him in the HS championship game.

Reaction Score
Could be the last time in the foreseeable future that we get a prime time ESPN game if we don't represent in second half

Reaction Score
Under a hypothetical new HC, retaining McAfee should be priority #1 on the recruiting trail.
We all know how CFB recruiting works. Snakes in the grass. Kids don't always end up where they pledge their "loyalty" and commitment. But I do agree with you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At some point in this decade we need a team that can compete head to head with quality teams. God I miss the old days when there was a shot.

You mean like last year when we beat Houston?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Football and Golf are two completely different sports in two completely different areas. And I absolutely expect that to be a jab at my back ground.
How does one motivate a golf team and why can't that motivation be applied to a football team?

Reaction Score
Then we agree - I think. But my point is we need to continue to run a diverse offense even if it doesn't work here. If the play is there go for it. If we bail because of a few bad throws we'll never get the timing down. Shirreffs needs the reps in the game after being conservative for 2 years. Maybe he can't do it but the alternative is just a more agonizing slow death.
We do agree, and you're right we shouldn't totally abandon it, but we also need to find other ways to get those players involved in ways they can actually contribute - like using Thomas on sweeps (we did), using Thomas and Hergy on slants that BS can actually complete (we did). I would add in other short pass plays that give Thomas room to run, and maybe try going over the top a bit. But if your QB consistently misses all of his long throws, going back to it over and over is just wasting opportunities to get your best players the ball. UH's secondary has been anything but impressive tonight. Their D-line is excellent, but their secondary has been ridiculously beatable, if our QB could throw over the top.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Looks to me like he is screaming at them. I have seen players leading by high fiving each other saying they believe in them. Did that look like Thomas was trying to motivate them?

Hate when players do that. I love when players try to get their teammates fired up. Hate when they get on their teammates. Could just be me.

We have some bad players on this team. Doesn't mean they aren't trying their best. Having a teammate get on your case during a game accomplishes nothing.

You have no idea what he was saying. You think he was on them because he was so animated? They were nodding in agreement. Either way, sometimes people need to get an arse chewing and Noel has earned their respect to do so.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Totally OT, but I just saw this pic Noel Thomas posted. Looks like he's getting hit in the nuts with a football...maybe it was meant to be a foreshadowing of tonight's game

Bonehead

Reaction Score
He used the E word. I expect the board to go into meltdown.

Everyone hated it when Randy did it...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody else's WatchESPN stream totally useless right now?

I'm watching KU. Not sure who the impostors are that seem to be playing defense for them. Definitely them on offense though. Proof that just passing is not the answer.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
We DESPERATELY need to get a couple turnovers. That first down was a BS spot

Reaction Score
Then we agree - I think. But my point is we need to continue to run a diverse offense even if it doesn't work here. If the play is there go for it. If we bail because of a few bad throws we'll never get the timing down. Shirreffs needs the reps in the game after being conservative for 2 years. Maybe he can't do it but the alternative is just a more agonizing slow death.
Agree it is not the coaching tonight

Reaction Score
How does one motivate a golf team and why can't that motivation be applied to a football team?
I encourage you to watch the Ryder Cup starting tomorrow and some College Football this weekend. Do you notice any differences? The Ryder Cup is a Golf Tournament unlike anything else in the sport. Sure there are cheers and fans, but it is nothing like Football. Silence and quiet on a golf course is the expected norm, not to mention generally an individual sport. Football is anything but that. Football is violence and collisions. Absolutely different motivational tactics and techniques need to be used. Not even close nor comparable. Let's be real. I hope you're smarter than this.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Good lord, they dont need any more help refs. Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads