Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

Reaction Score
Baylor has 16,000 students in the second fastest growing state in the country.
Recent National Championships in Men's and Women's Basketball
The murder was in 2003 and of course no other school in the country has had problems with sexual assaults. At least they weren't children being assaulted.
Baylor is an absolute cesspool, they covered up their football team raping coeds all over campus but if they think Baylor will bring them more money they will bring them in, money is the only thing that matters to these people.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think this can only help UConn. An increase in independent schools equals easier construction of schedules. Our Olympic sports are safe in the Big East. Our state flagship is capable of weathering the new policies on athlete rights to image.

This will undoubtedly hurt the bottom feeders that have fed off of other large flagship schools for too long. But we're finally not going to be the ones getting the kick in the cojones...

Reaction Score
I think this can only help UConn. An increase in independent schools equals easier construction of schedules. Our Olympic sports are safe in the Big East. Our state flagship is capable of weathering the new policies on athlete rights to image.

This will undoubtedly hurt the bottom feeders that have fed off of other large flagship schools for too long. But we're finally not going to be the ones getting the kick in the cojones...
It'll help until it doesn't. At some point it feels like the end game is these schools leaving the NCAA and they're going to send out an invite to everyone.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It'll help until it doesn't. At some point it feels like the end game is these schools leaving the NCAA and they're going to send out an invite to everyone.

With the new rules of player image benefits (which I don't truly understand but which Bueckers is one of the top recipients), UConn becomes much more attractive than many "P4" schools. I think this storm is the first one that will blow at our backs instead of in our faces...

Reaction Score
The city of Austin clearly also wants a pro football team, so this is the path. Interestingly, this just might be the pinnacle move in realignment and the rest of the seats are taken from here. UMass is going to have to start a facilities war with Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Source on Big 12 call tonight told
, league wants to know Texas & OU’s motivations to leave for SEC. “Is it financial? Or other issues? What would it take for them to stay?” Neither UT & OU participated on the call. Source added: “I don’t think it’s 100% they’re gone”

Mod Edit: cut and paste the url.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Doesn't take much business acumen to understand that Texas and Oklahoma want to play in one of two of the richest and most powerful conference.

The Big Ten may have to counter this move one day soon. No idea who'd be their best options.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just dont see in this political climate the the BOTs at the various P12 schools voting yes to Baylor and BYU regardless of the money and I dont think either of those bring money to the table that moves the needle relative to the existing P12 schools.
PAC12 could start to look better just by doing nothing and avoiding this whole circus.

Reaction Score
Fess up, you have to be an Iowa State fan.

The Big10 is about money. Adding the #2 team in Iowa adds no money. Why is this so hard?
Actually- I have no vested interest in Iowa State- I went to IU
I would prefer they dump Nebraska and have two teams from Iowa to create in -state rivalry....like MSU and Michigan.
Big money will dictate how everything shakes out- not college rivalries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom