OT: - Hot Dog recipes, bought too many | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Hot Dog recipes, bought too many

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Arbys doesnt have hot dogs.
No, but they have marrots (meat carrots).

1585598433939.jpeg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No, but they have marrots (meat carrots).

View attachment 52481

Genius.

Reverse Veganism.

Why are Vegans always buying Fake suasage, Fake Bacon, fake chicken etc...etc..... If your lifestyle is so great without meat, dont pretend to eat meat.

Whelp now us carnivores can pretend to eat veggies once in a while.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Genius.

Reverse Veganism.

Why are Vegans always buying Fake suasage, Fake Bacon, fake chicken etc...etc..... If your lifestyle is so great without meat, dont pretend to eat meat.

Whelp now us carnivores can pretend to eat veggies once in a while.
I don't like much of the pretend meat products, but these are the bomb (and are usually sold out everywhere as a result):

GUEST_8ce8b3b6-e0b7-41c8-a431-fa02cac61caf

Reaction Score
I don't like much of the pretend meat products, but these are the bomb (and are usually sold out everywhere as a result):

GUEST_8ce8b3b6-e0b7-41c8-a431-fa02cac61caf

My (vegetarian) wife is all about those things. That and the Tofurky Italian sausage.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My current guilty pleasure?

Cut up 3 hot dogs. I cut them on the bias so it's classy. I then air fry the discs in my air fryer. They get crispy on the outside and a little puffy. I put them in a bowl, top them with chili and cheese. Takes maybe 6 minutes start to finish.
Now this is a worthy melt.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Of the top of my head I can think of egg and hot dogs; egg, bacon and hot dogs; egg, bacon, sausage and hot dogs; hot dogs, bacon, sausage and hot dogs; hot dogs, egg, hot dogs, hot dogs, bacon and hot dogs; hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, egg and hot dogs; hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, baked beans, hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs and hot dogs; or lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and hot dogs.
Should this be reported to the mods as Spam?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For the kosher or Muslim among us, home made pea soup using Hebrew National Original hot dogs cut up into the soup instead of ham or ham bone. 2 or 3 dogs Any all beef dogs are ok. But Hebrew National has the most flavor. I suppose pork based dogs are ok, but I’m not sure why not ham if you are using pig meat.

BTY, if you don’t have an automated pressure cooker like Instapot, they are great and soups and many other dishes come out great in them

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How is anyone even offering advice without asking what kind of Hot Dogs they are?

I assume that unless it's you posting about hot dogs, that the poster is referring to garden variety skinless.

And I'll bet I'd be at least 98% correct going with that.

Reaction Score
Go get some take out meat sauce from Capitol Lunch in New Britain. Support a local restaurant and you will be good to go.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Worth a shot...

Roll a dog in egg and then lather in a mix of regular and panko bread crumz. Then saute in a healthy dose of EVOO for a few minutes and finish off in the oven with marinara and mozz.

Hot Dog Parm.

Serve on a bed of ditalini.

Reaction Score
Hotdog goulash

sauce:
-slice hot dogs into 10-15 pieces
-dice onions & green peppers
-tomato sauce w/ favorite seasonings
-favorite pasta (not spaghetti)

stir altogether and enjoy!

my mom made this all the time for us 8 kids.

Great meal from a great mom! :)

Reaction Score
Worth a shot...

Roll a dog in egg and then lather in a mix of regular and panko bread crumz. Then saute in a healthy dose of EVOO for a few minutes and finish off in the oven with marinara and mozz.

Hot Dog Parm.

Serve on a bed of ditalini.

That’s just messed up. What’s wrong with you?

Reaction Score
Help, when I went shopping this morning, I bought hotdogs and forgot I had a bunch in the freezer, and now I have almost 10 1-lb packs. They are taking up too much room. I like hot dogs with baked beans, but my wife doesn't- I never saw video of how they are made but maybe she did, I don't know.
But what other ways are there to eat them (and not just in a bun, please)? Chili maybe?
Thanks!
I have really three go to hot dog‘recipes’. One is of course the classic chili dog. Make a pot of your best chili and after you’ve had chili and corn muffins the next day chili dogs are great. Don’t microwave hot dogs. Either grill or boil. If you boil you’ll notice the oil in the pan. This was in the hot dog.
Slaw dog. This is my wife’s favorite. Again boil hot dogs apply lots of coleslaw and yellow mustard. You can nuc the bun for a few seconds to get it nice and soft if you like.
Next is a kraut dog. The key is get good kraut. We use Boar’s Head from Publix. Boil the dogs, apply kraut with a good spicy mustard. Great

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom