Honor among thieves? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Honor among thieves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Brandon Austin's academics were never in question.

What was your favorite moment of your heart stopping NIT run last season?

Reaction Score
I only have myself to blame for opening this thread knowing full well what I was about to read.

Reaction Score
If UConn had not made the NCAA tourney in a decade and had a second rate coach with a losing record in the Big East, I guess we would get all excited over winning a recruiting battle. But the fact that we win conference and national championships make the recruiting battles a bit less important to us. Abu is a great get for either school, but success isn't measured by the recruits you land. It is what you do under the bright lights that counts.

Reaction Score
How about beating your HOF coach head to head and sending him into retirement with a bad taste of PC in his mouth?

Does that count?

Reaction Score
How about beating your HOF coach head to head and sending him into retirement with a bad taste of PC in his mouth?

Does that count?
It's weird how obsessed you are with regular season games against us.

And the fact that I have to go to ESPN to see if you are correct because I have forgotten means no, it doesn't count.

Edit: And now that I've gone to ESPN, of course what you said was false. Calhoun was out and Blaney coached that game. Calhoun had undergone surgery the previous day. As always, Providence gonna Providence.

Reaction Score

Does that count?
Jim Calhoun has little of any bad taste in his career. Bad taste is not making the tourney in over 10 years. That's pathetic!!!
My statement makes a hell of a lot more sense than yours Sean.........

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun has little of any bad taste in his career. Bad taste is not making the tourney in over 10 years. That's pathetic!!!
My statement makes a hell of a lot more sense than yours Sean.........
Calhoun didn't even coach the game he's talking about, so...............yeah.

Reaction Score
How old are the posters that respond to these Pc fans? Can you not help yourselves? I mean really- this is a UCONN board- we do not need to engage a bunch of Pc fans who are excited because they MAY make it to the post season in the next year or two.

If you care about PC hoops go to the Pc board and talk about it till you are blue in the face- I am feeling an off season hanging brewing very soon.

Reaction Score
It boggles my mind that our mods sit on their thumbs and allow this loser to post here.

Reaction Score
In the voice of John Facenda, in a documentary from another dimension, this immortal line was uttered: "Calhoun won 3 championships in 12 years, but in the end, he hung his head in shame for losing to PC, so embarrassed was Calhoun at the mere thought of losing to a dreg school--he would never live it down."

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Does that count?

Did you guys put up a banner for that?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It boggles my mind that our mods sit on their thumbs and allow this loser to post here.

I'm a demi-mod. I can lock or delete threads but I can't ban people. Not that I would - banning people for having a different opinion is silly. I could delete or lock the threads, but I figure with a handful of people who like to jump in and comment, I'd just be taking their boneyard experience away. The threads are easy to spot - if you don't want to see the same argument multiple times, don't open them or learn to quickly look at the poster and skip over it.

Bottom line - the PC mouth breathers are here and active because people engage them. If you want to take away their power, the simple solution is 'Thank you for your interest in UConn Championship Basketball' and move on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm a demi-mod. I can lock or delete threads but I can't ban people. Not that I would - banning people for having a different opinion is silly. I could delete or lock the threads, but I figure with a handful of people who like to jump in and comment, I'd just be taking their boneyard experience away. The threads are easy to spot - if you don't want to see the same argument multiple times, don't open them or learn to quickly look at the poster and skip over it.

Bottom line - the PC mouth breathers are here and active because people engage them. If you want to take away their power, the simple solution is 'Thank you for your interest in UConn Championship Basketball' and move on.
And there is an ignore function that is available for people which allows any of us to personally censor those we don't want to read instead of having an authority take away this power from us. I love the moderators and folks who set up this forum.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
No, we put a plaque up outside the locker room.

That's pathetic. I can't believe they actually put up plaques for beating UCONN in a regular season game.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
No, we put a plaque up outside the locker room.

What does the plaque say? Do you have pictures of it anywhere?

Reaction Score
^ Not sure what it take s to lock a thread or ban someone here but it feels like no one is in the traffic control tower.

Reaction Score
I posted this bc some posters here insist that "UCONN has never lost a recruit to PC that was a top priority"; even though we all know that's not accurate.

As far as a recruit posting on the PC site that he was coming to uconn; that would be funny.

As funny as the poster here who jumped the gun on Brandon Austin last year.

That was a real knee slapper.

Here's the issue. Austin was not a priority and while there is no doubt that Abu is, he is one of quite a few TOP players at that position for UConn. So while yes KO and staff are all in, they aren't as ALL IN as Cooley. He has very little if any looks from other top PF's in the 1-100 rankings while the same can't be said for UConn. I'm in, I don't want to lose him. But you may get him and we may end up with a player who is better anyway. You can't say that!!!!!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thank God.

I thought today might pass without a UConn-Providence thread.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can solve your PC troll problem. Just don't reply. Guarantee void in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom