Holy black eye, batman! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Holy black eye, batman!

Reaction Score
They were mistaken.
Replay shown during the game was from behind the basket, not over mid court as the one posted here. From behind the basket, it looked like the elbow was out there already and Lou didn't see it, but walked right into it. From this angle, it looks like the elbow went swinging back...whether she knew Lou was there or not is up for speculation.

Reaction Score
How can Lou run into the kid's elbow? See yourself ..

Screenshot.png

Reaction Score
After watching the replay I think it was the other way around

Wow! From that angle, it sure looks like a foul. I am not faulting the refs (don’t know how they see half of what’s going on). But Lou was sliding over, and whoever on TX stepped down into the lane to cut off penetration, arm moving back. What a shot. Don’t know the rules enough to know whether it is incidental contact.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow! From that angle, it sure looks like a foul. I am not faulting the refs (don’t know how they see half of what’s going on). But Lou was sliding over, and whoever on TX stepped down into the lane to cut off penetration, arm moving back. What a shot. Don’t know the rules enough to know whether it is incidental contact.

In the NFL, you do that to a quarterback, they call roughing. :D

Reaction Score
Replay shown during the game was from behind the basket, not over mid court as the one posted here. From behind the basket, it looked like the elbow was out there already and Lou didn't see it, but walked right into it. From this angle, it looks like the elbow went swinging back...whether she knew Lou was there or not is up for speculation.

Doesn’t matter. Many fouls are inadvertent but fouls nevertheless. That was a foul no matter what the talking heads thought.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How can Lou run into the kid's elbow? See yourself ..

View attachment 27798
On the replay #31 for Texas starts at the FT line and takes 2 steps back, with elbow high, and hits Lou. I dont think she did it intentionally but it was a foul that at least should have been looked at by the officials. Lou didnt walk into #31.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter. Many fouls are inadvertent but fouls nevertheless. That was a foul no matter what the talking heads thought.
Ummm... not to be argumentative in the least... but it must not have been a foul since of course it wasn't called a foul by the only people involved in the game with the authority to make such a call... just sayin'. maybe they didn't see it? maybe they thought it was a "no call"... MY Point was simply to explain that the replay shown during the game was from a different angle that did not definitively show the impact and movement of the elbow. If it weren't for the black/blue/swollen eye, SOME on this board would have said Lou was doing a "flop" had she gotten the foul called... again... just sayin'. ;)

Reaction Score
I didn't see it real time but after that replay it seemed to clearly be a foul by the rules. Not intentional but a foul nontheless.
Even Rebecca blamed her. Bad B.

Reaction Score
On the replay #31 for Texas starts at the FT line and takes 2 steps back, with elbow high, and hits Lou. I dont think she did it intentionally but it was a foul that at least should have been looked at by the officials. Lou didnt walk into #31.
If Lou run into the kid's elbow her face would be forward to the kid, not be hit and faced backward.

Reaction Score
Intent doesn't matter. If you hit someone in the eye with an elbow, the call goes against you.

Not true at all. Lots of times players are moving their arms in a normal legal fashion and happen to contact someone who is moving. Frequently no foul should be called.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. I was just stating how the ESPN crew, especially Kara, was adamant that it was Lou's fault.

It was more Rebecca than Kara who was adamant about what happened.

Thanks to Lou's mom for video evidence that the elbow flew in to lou's face.

Reaction Score
I remember a play from last year sometimes where Lou was running on a break with her hand flinging backward and hit one of the other team player in the throat area by accident and the ref stopped the game to look at the film and called a flagrant foul on Lou, I think.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Apparently she managed to walk/run into the elbow or forearm. She has the knack. Gonna be a beaut tomorrow.

If this keeps up, perhaps she'll have to resort to wearing "goggles" like Kareem and James Worthy did.
The injury to her eye (depth perception) may have been the reason she missed those 2 free throws late in the game. Not making excuses, just saying maybe. :rolleyes:
ed249a93-c546-412d-8112-034ad33a4db3.jpg

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Just found out from another thread that it was Rebecca Lobo who claimed that KLS "ran into" the Texas players elbow. Just wow. Head bangHead bang

She should call herself Rebecca Elbo from now on. :mad:

Reaction Score
How come only Katie Lou's dad attends the games? Doesn't the rest of the family want to come see her play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom