Holy black eye, batman! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Holy black eye, batman!

Reaction Score
For her penance, Rebecca should be banished back to the studio in place of Nell Fortner, and suffer in silence while Andy Landers drones on and on.
Think carefully about what you ask for - Nell (drawl/shriek) Fortner for forty minutes or just at half time when you can go to the kitchen and get more snacks and beer:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sure they do, might have something to do with the cost I suppose. Sister Karli may still be playing overseas and not sure what Bonnie's up to....at one time she was thinking about med school.

Reaction Score
Even in high school in California when Lou developed a rep for flopping, anyone who really watched her play could not ever say she was not tough. As I stated before on this site, her flopping was purely a tactic to assure that refs would give her calls because she was often excessively mugged by opposing teams. People just assumed that her flopping was because she was weak.

As to announcers making mistakes and erroneous statements or calls about game events that is sort of thing is not really that unusual. I believe they often make those calls with out checking out replays. I have often seen cases where they maintain their positions even when a replay makes it obvious they were mistaken. So either they do not always watch the replays we see, or they just ignore the obvious to avoid losing face.

Reaction Score
Apparently she managed to walk/run into the elbow or forearm. She has the knack. Gonna be a beaut tomorrow.
Lawson said Lou ran into the forearm and not a foul. I think she was just trying to be cute. In any game I played or coached, this was a foul.

Reaction Score
Lou is one tough cookie!
blackeyeEmoji2.jpg

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Even in high school in California when Lou developed a rep for flopping, anyone who really watched her play could not ever say she was not tough. As I stated before on this site, her flopping was purely a tactic to assure that refs would give her calls because she was often excessively mugged by opposing teams. People just assumed that her flopping was because she was weak.

As to announcers making mistakes and erroneous statements or calls about game events that is sort of thing is not really that unusual. I believe they often make those calls with out checking out replays. I have often seen cases where they maintain their positions even when a replay makes it obvious they were mistaken. So either they do not always watch the replays we see, or they just ignore the obvious to avoid losing face.
That's what the producers whispering in their ear are for...giving them info on the replays (before we see the replay), stats, what they like to eat, and all the other great stuff they tell us over the course of a game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wasn't it CG who shoved Z's arm away at the end of the game and then they called a foul on Z? CG played well. Chippy but well. Also, can someone do a year by year progression of Lou's black eyes? As far as I can recall she has had 1 really good one every year since she has been here.
I know she had one last year in the game at ECU, Meg even had to apologize on TV the following game because she thought that Lou was faking the foul.

Reaction Score
I remember a play from last year sometimes where Lou was running on a break with her hand flinging backward and hit one of the other team player in the throat area by accident and the ref stopped the game to look at the film and called a flagrant foul on Lou, I think.
It was the game against Texas at Mohegan. Ironic.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed that Katie Lou's dad didn't promptly come down out of the stands and beat up that Texas girl that smashed Katie Lou right in her face. If Katie Lou had broken her nose, or had some other bone in her face fractured, then what? Tired of seeing our best player intentionally bashed in the face or thrown to the ground with no foul call, but if Collier or Gabby even looks at a player funny it's a foul.

Reaction Score
what happened to Katie Lou's eye? Obviously no foul as the refs did not call anything..... But holy crap
\

Obviously, there was no foul. KLS got up off the floor, walked to the side line; no ambulance, no stretcher, no doctors--no foul.
Now those poor Tx girls who those brutes from UConn mauled--were obviously fouled. I saw tha big oversized Azura all 120 pound of her attack--a poor tiny (6-5) post--and ALMOST touched her--
I would not have been so nice as to have said ---crap.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed that Katie Lou's dad didn't promptly come down out of the stands and beat up that Texas girl that smashed Katie Lou right in her face. If Katie Lou had broken her nose, or had some other bone in her face fractured, then what? Tired of seeing our best player intentionally bashed in the face or thrown to the ground with no foul call, but if Collier or Gabby even looks at a player funny it's a foul.

EXTREMELY profound. Thank you for this. I like the thought of KLS's dad beating up the offender--funny.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Refs should have stopped the game and looked at the replay, since Lou had to leave the game.
Geno also should have request a replay review immediately. He did not and complaining about it before the start of the 3rd quarter was too late.

Reaction Score
After watching the replay I think it was the other way around

Have played about as much basketball as you can play (and see) without having a pro career. That shot Samuelson took was no accident. (Overall, thought the refs last night were even worse than the usual ineptitude of this era.) I can recall posting here about KLS and her west coast approach to the game during frosh year. A total metamorphosis since in approach and game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Have played about as much basketball as you can play (and see) without having a pro career. That shot Samuelson took was no accident. (Overall, thought the refs last night were even worse than the usual ineptitude of this era.) I can recall posting here about KLS and her west coast approach to the game during frosh year. A total metamorphosis since in approach and game.
Lou was always tough. We just didn’t know it. As a freshman, after she played a good part of the 1st half of the National semifinal with a broken foot, it was pretty clear to me she was one tough s.o.b.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Geno also should have request a replay review immediately. He did not and complaining about it before the start of the 3rd quarter was too late.
Forgot about that, you are correct that he should have asked for a review.

Reaction Score
Rebecca's apology.

I am rewatching it as someone posted the game online. And I am glad to see Rebecca address the error, but what gets me is that she said Lou ran into the forearm. I did not notice that at first.... Elbow and Forearm are huge differences. Again Becca apologized and I am glad to see that... but wow...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom