Hobbies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hobbies

Reaction Score
Other than stalking HS kid recruits, what other things do you guys / girls like to do?

I have an infant son now so my partying days are behind me. I'm wrapping up a huge work project and will have more free time soon. Time that's better spent off the cesspool. As I'm a structural engineer by trade, I like puzzles and to build things. I just put together one of these at nights after the little one goes to sleep:

I also bought some basic robotics kits and am looking into online puzzle sites like Lumosity. Any other suggestions? Or maybe just mention strange things that peak your interest. Without a doubt there are some LARPers on here.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Being a father(entertaining a 4 year old only child), Music, Golf, Sports betting/daily fantasy, Politics.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Been a birder since 6th grade. Just upgraded to new Vortex Razor binoculars. Amazing glass!

2020 will see me ramp up my photography game. Will join a camera club in January. Will upgrade the DSLR at some point this spring.

I saw cooking stated as a hobby above. I am the house cook here but it's because I need to live. My wife can't/doesn't cook. Thus, cooking is survival, not a hobby.

Would love to get a kayak.

Reaction Score
Involved with sports cards. Do 2 card shows a month. Have a personal collection as well as as making it a business selling current boxes ,packs, sets etc.
play golf about 4days a week. Just stopped last week. Play in a town softball league and an over 60 league. Babysit the grandkids a couple times per week. Try to travel as much as possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's one of his smallest ones. Did the Charles W. Morgan- about 3' high and 4' long. Mom wants it to go to Mystic when she dies.
I have to say that is amazing work. Love the sails and the rigging.

Reaction Score
Involved with sports cards. Do 2 card shows a month. Have a personal collection as well as as making it a business selling current boxes ,packs, sets etc.
play golf about 4days a week. Just stopped last week. Play in a town softball league and an over 60 league. Babysit the grandkids a couple times per week. Try to travel as much as possible.

So what's your standard advice for the guy like me with a couple binders of cards from the mid 70s to mid 80s?

Reaction Score
Wish I had a picture of the Morgan for you - better than I have seen anywhere.
Best one could find
Morgan.jpg

Reaction Score
Have thousands of football, hockey, baseball and basketball cards from the 60's - early 90's. Some sets and unopened boxes Would love to sell but hate the idea of having to get them graded. Any suggestions? Also have a very extensive basketball card collection from 80's to early 90's. - not ready to part with it yet.
Collect stamps also.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have thousands of football, hockey, baseball and basketball cards from the 60's - early 90's. Some sets and unopened boxes Would love to sell but hate the idea of having to get them graded. Any suggestions? Also have a very extensive basketball card collection from 80's to early 90's. - not ready to part with it yet.
Collect stamps also.

Got any Michael Jordan rookies? Those are good money.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cooking mostly, at the moment. Reading political history and historical novels. Trying to get better at gardening. Learning how to fix things in the house beyond my comfort zone. Back injury put kibosh on golf this year, not sure of future. Developing a food blog with both recipes and food politics topics. About two months behind my originally planned launch. Hopefully by time I retire in a few years it's generating some modest revenue. Wish I had the patience for artisanal stuff like woodworking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My newest hobby is collecting Dislikes on the Boneyard. Can a fella get a little help here?

Paging @Tzzandrew. Major cleanup in aisle 1.

On a more serious note, I collect, buy sell trade all sorts of vintage/antique items including pinbacks, sports memorabilia, baseball football basketball cards, programs, yearbooks, license plates, signs, etc.

if you have a collection of something that you are willing to part with reasonably or know someone who does please contact me. Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom