Hobbies | The Boneyard

Hobbies

Reaction Score
Other than stalking HS kid recruits, what other things do you guys / girls like to do?

I have an infant son now so my partying days are behind me. I'm wrapping up a huge work project and will have more free time soon. Time that's better spent off the cesspool. As I'm a structural engineer by trade, I like puzzles and to build things. I just put together one of these at nights after the little one goes to sleep:

I also bought some basic robotics kits and am looking into online puzzle sites like Lumosity. Any other suggestions? Or maybe just mention strange things that peak your interest. Without a doubt there are some LARPers on here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you like puzzles, watch Mr. Puzzle on YouTube. If his accent doesn't hook you in his puzzles likely will.

I'm a recovering triathlete of ten years. Many rewards there if you have the time. Ironman just bought the Rev3 Quassy in Middlebury I believe. I got bit by the tri bug after getting into 5k, 5mi, and a 10mi road races. It is a great community to join.

Otherwise, I like to code some HTML and do some website building.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've started taking classes at a local forge. If you've seen Forged in Fire, my goal in retirement in a little over a year is to buy some land and setup a forge. I also intend to do some metal work and wood work.

As for puzzles, my wife and I love to do large regular puzzles. We have a couple of 2000 piece and one 3000 piece framed and mounted on the walls. I have a 5000 piece puzzle that we just aren't ready to tackle yet.

Once I retire, I intend to take up golfing again - something I did a lot in my earlier life that I haven't had time/motivation to do for a while.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
CF036618-07-DA-4-FE3-B74-C-514-A7-BD0-F117.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize Jay-Bone was a college girl.

Just kidding. I guess the alcohol content makes that passable as a manly drink. Certainly a panty dropper at 12.5%.

It’s not a malt beverage, which I assume White Claws are....it’s an actual margarita with tequila.

Not really a margarita fan, so I’m not drinking it, but I’ve tasted one and it’s pretty good.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sometimes it seems like my hobby is sending the offspring of medical professionals to college. But my primary passion in life other than family and Husky hoops is fishing. I fish 3 or 4 days a week, pretty much year round. I figure I've got another few years of dragging my own boat around. By then I probably won't trust myself to do so, so I'll be at the mercy of younger friends who share my passion. I'm looking at you, @Huskybass

Reaction Score
I have a 5 and 1 year old so very little free time at all. Both me and my wife work. Her current hobby takes up a lot of time in our regular schedule (at the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours a day) so for now what I enjoy doing takes a bit of a back seat. My hobbies aren't something I can do all the time though either. I enjoy smoking cigars, working on my Jeep (need parts to install which cost a pretty penny and often do the work with a friend so gotta coordinate schedules), lifting weights, cooking, and clay shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom