Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back?

Reaction Score
What about offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Maryland and West Virginia? He's obviously not a scrub, he just happens to also be from Connecticut.
That's about it. Just keep in perspective that there are single high schools in places in Florida Texas and elsewhere that have more D-1 commits than Connecticut has in total in a year. Last year my nephews school in Dade County Fl had 7 guys from their DEFENSE sign 1A LOIs and a couple of offensive players did too. That is why some of us don't get all excited because some kid got a sniff from Wisconsin.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's about it. Just keep in perspective that there are single high schools in places in Florida Texas and elsewhere that have more D-1 commits than Connecticut has in total in a year. Last year my nephews school in Dade County Fl had 7 guys from their DEFENSE sign 1A LOIs and a couple of offensive players did too. That is why some of us don't get all excited because some kid got a sniff from Wisconsin.

So just because there is a higher concentration of talent down south we should totally ignore keeping the good players from CT at home? doesn't seem to make sense. I don't care where you're from, if you can play football I'll take you. Rose can clearly play, and our team frankly is one of the worst in FBS at the moment, so why not welcome the kid back?

Reaction Score
The state of Connecticut had around 20 D1 commits last year. Also keep mind there is a big difference in an offer from Alabama or Michigan and an offer from UTEP, Central Florida or Buffalo. I know Alabama offered at least three kids from CT last year, maybe four. Michigan offered four or five, Newtown had two D1 commits, one to Michigan and one to BYU, Greenwich had at least one and maybe two, Staples had one or two, Darien had one but could have had three more if those three kids didn't opt to play lacrosse, New Canaan had one, St Joe's had one, and this is just public and parochial schools in Fairfield county. I'm sure the SCC must have had a similar number. The CCC had several. There were at least two from up in Litchfield around Torrington and New Hartford area. Ledyard had one IIRC.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

he also has retweeted a bunch of UConn related stuff including Corey Edsall.... it would be a cruel April fools joke lol

Anyway I really hope I was wrong about this kid and he finds his way back to the program.

Living in town I'd tell ya but I'd have to kill ya after lol

Reaction Score
He's back as a walk on at first. Will be given a chance to earn a scholarship

Let me ask a question I asked earlier if you know - is he enrolled/enrolling for the first summer session starting in May or second summer session?

Reaction Score
Based on 5 years in which a football player can play 4 years, last year was a redshirt year of sorts. If not, why not?

Reaction Score
Let me ask a question I asked earlier if you know - is he enrolled/enrolling for the first summer session starting in May or second summer session?
I'll find out tomorrow my contact is asleep lol

Reaction Score
Based on 5 years in which a football player can play 4 years, last year was a redshirt year of sorts. If not, why not?
If he was enrolled full time, it will count against his clock, if not he's essentially a gray shirt

Reaction Score
If he left before the start of the fall semester or suit up for any games, I don't think it counts at all.

Reaction Score
If he left before the start of the fall semester or suit up for any games, I don't think it counts at all.

Pretty sure his 5 year clock started ticking as soon as his high school class graduated (unless he meets some NCAA "special exception" and based on enrolled credits).

Reaction Score

You have five years from High School graduation to play 4 years if he was in college last year he has four years left

Reaction Score
5 year clock started ticking as soon as his high school class graduated (unless he meets some NCAA "special exception".

I thought the clock started when you enroll into college? I'm pretty sure players who take a gap year/s (grey shirts/missionaries/etc) don't lose any eligibility. That's how BYU always has 26 year olds playing.

Reaction Score
I thought the clock started when you enroll into college? I'm pretty sure players who take a gap year/s (grey shirts/missionaries/etc) don't lose any eligibility. That's how BYU always has 26 year olds playing.
I'm 95% sure the clock starts once you go full-time for the first time at any accreditted college. So long as Jay wasn't full-time at community college he'd have 5 years.

Reaction Score

That's the exception/exemptions I mention. There is a grace period under certain criteria (military service/religious) and enrolled credit hours (how many classes was he enrolled in last summer?).

Reaction Score
That's the exception/exemptions I mention. There is a grace period under certain criteria (military service/religious) and enrolled credit hours (how many classes was he enrolled in last summer?).

Chris Winke (sp) was drafted and played minor league baseball before going back to FSU IIRC. I believe he played for them at the age of 27 or 28. If there's an exception what was his or have the rules changed?

Also, there was that dude that played for South Carolina St this past year and he was 50 something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom