Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to comment on basketball.

Some people get annoyed when I point out that losing four players in a week might be a bad thing.
Four players? Enoch, Jackson, Durham, and who else? I haven't been checking the basketball board last couple days. Lol

Reaction Score
No I believe he took classes at community college with CCSU rumored as a potential landing spot next year
He's been taking classes at Tunxis C.C.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought he took classes at Central last year or am I mistaken?

I'm not going to hold it against anyone who was bright enough to get the hell away from Bob Diaco. It was my initial response, I just don't have any options.
Staying in the lots tailgating during the games was actually a brave act of defiance.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
According to the esteemed Dave Borges, Edsall and UCONN can't comment on Jay Rose because he is not enrolled at UCONN. But he has been observing practice!

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
"bro, if you're not fully invested in uconn, then you're worthless and selfish. this is all part of KOs grand plan"-the entirety of the basketball board

Quite a generalization. Speak for yourself not for the supposed "entirety" of the board.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You are reading a much different basketball board than I am.

I'd say 50% at least are in that camp. Especially guys like No Escalators and Oz on Twitter. I think I imagine it to be more prevalent because I am way on the other end of the spectrum in terms of what I believe to be the state of the program

Reaction Score
From a Jim Fuller update posted in 2017 Spring Practice Update thread:

>>Former UConn signee Jasen Rose, a Register All-State selection, took in Tuesday’s practice. Rose was a headliner in the recruiting Class of 2016, but he left the team and the university early in fall camp. The former Southington High quarterback tweeted a photo inside the Burton Family Football Complex, leading to speculation he could return to the fold. Edsall can’t comment on Rose because he is considered to be a prospective student-athlete.It’s uncertain whether Rose would come back as a scholarship player and what position he would be projected to play. Rose was a highly-decorated quarterback at Southington, but with a junior college transfer and two high school quarterbacks joining the team in July, there could be a logjam at the quarterback position. Rose was expected to play the hybrid tight end/fullback/h-back position when Bob Diaco was still the coach.<<

Note: I didn't see any photo tweet today...

Reaction Score
I'm all for bringing Rose back into the mix. The kid is a physical specimen, and an athlete, at 230 Lbs. Does he compete at QB? Not my decision. But from what I remember, the kid could complete the deep ball. He also ran a similar offense at Southington. Not a hurry up, but primarily RPO stuff. If it doesn't work out at QB, he gives you options at TE or perhaps LB, given his athleticism.

Sometimes stepping away from the thing you love, seeing it from a different perspective, reignites that passion. If he wants to come back, how do you say no to a kid that was a national recruit coming out of high school and he's a high character kid. To me it's a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
From a Jim Fuller update posted in 2017 Spring Practice Update thread:

>>Former UConn signee Jasen Rose, a Register All-State selection, took in Tuesday’s practice. Rose was a headliner in the recruiting Class of 2016, but he left the team and the university early in fall camp. The former Southington High quarterback tweeted a photo inside the Burton Family Football Complex, leading to speculation he could return to the fold. Edsall can’t comment on Rose because he is considered to be a prospective student-athlete.It’s uncertain whether Rose would come back as a scholarship player and what position he would be projected to play. Rose was a highly-decorated quarterback at Southington, but with a junior college transfer and two high school quarterbacks joining the team in July, there could be a logjam at the quarterback position. Rose was expected to play the hybrid tight end/fullback/h-back position when Bob Diaco was still the coach.<<

Note: I didn't see any photo tweet today...

From the updated Mike Anthony story in the 2017 Spring Practice Update thread

>>Could Jay Rose, The Courant's offensive player of the year as a quarterback at Southington in 2015, be looking at a return to the program? He enrolled at UConn last summer but left before preseason camp. On Saturday, Rose attended UConn practice and tweeted, "Oh, how I missed you @UConnFootball." Rose could not be reached Tuesday.<<

Reaction Score
He will be back in an official capacity later this summer and more details on it should come next week.
Sounds like you have a good source Drew, maybe a Southington connection of some type? If your info is good, this would be great news!

Reaction Score
I thought he was going to, but I don't know if he did.

As a practical matter, it doesn't really matter unless he was considering red shirting this year.

why would he have to redshirt if he was at a cc?

Reaction Score
I've read it and I still think he is eligible immediately. He sat a year while going to cc. I could be wrong, but I think he is eligible immediately.

Reaction Score
I've read it and I still think he is eligible immediately. He sat a year while going to cc. I could be wrong, but I think he is eligible immediately.
CC should be same as Juco...eligible right away has 4 yrs to play 4...can only get extra year if he gets hurt and applies for the 5th yr medical waiver and it is granted.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Isn't the problem the fact that he was enrolled at UCONN in the past, albeit for a very short time?

Reaction Score
Isn't the problem the fact that he was enrolled at UConn in the past, albeit for a very short time?
It shouldn't be..because he enrolled in a CC or Juco. He has 4 to play 4 because he "sat out" a year by going to Tunxis CC. A good example is Lagow...when he left he left UConn for OSU..then OSU for Juco where he played a year or 2 then went to Indiana where he had 2 years of eligibility...last year and this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom