Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hmmmm -- Is Jay Rose Back?

Reaction Score
As long as his girlfriend doesn't need him to go apple picking on some Saturday when we have a game so he isn't available.

I'm not privy to what went on in the recruiting but from the beginning Diaco said tight end. Never quarterback. And I'd be shocked if Edsall lists him as a qb.

I thought that he initially was offered with the opportunity to be a QB with the understanding that it wasn't guaranteed.

Reaction Score
If my memory is correct Diaco was going to give him a shot at QB and if that didn't work out he would move to TE. My guess is we see him at TE or WR...most likely TE.

Darien exposed him as a QB during his senior year at Southington, he's not a D1 QB

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If my memory is correct Diaco was going to give him a shot at QB and if that didn't work out he would move to TE. My guess is we see him at TE or WR...most likely TE.

Darien exposed him as a QB during his senior year at Southington, he's not a D1 QB

May not a QB, but he's got quick, agile feet. Watched him play vs Gbury and it looked like they were out there trying to catch a chicken--he was breaking ankles. Could be a big asset out in space in this kind of offense

Reaction Score

All Darien exposed was that they had one of the best defensive lines in CTHSFB history. Did you actually watch that game? Rose was running for his life literally the entire game. He would break two tackles in the back field and then throw it away or get sacked by the third guy

Reaction Score
May not a QB, but he's got quick, agile feet. Watched him play vs Gbury and it looked like they were out there trying to catch a chicken--he was breaking ankles. Could be a big asset out in space in this kind of offense
he is/was a play maker for sure. He's the kind of kid you can place pretty much anywhere on the field

Reaction Score

That Darien team was one of the best teams in state history, so I wouldn't say that Rose is not a D1 QB. They probably could have beaten Diaco's team last fall. Evanchik who broke Dwight Freeney's single season state HS sack record was chasing Rose all over the field in that game. No one could block him.

Reaction Score
All Darien exposed was that they had one of the best defensive lines in CTHSFB history. Did you actually watch that game? Rose was running for his life literally the entire game. He would break two tackles in the back field and then throw it away or get sacked by the third guy

Beat me to it. He never had a chance and showed a lot of guts against a superior defense.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. He never had a chance and showed a lot of guts against a superior defense.
it was the most dominant DL performance I've ever seen at any level. And that Southington team was good.

Reaction Score
it was the most dominant DL performance I've ever seen at any level. And that Southington team was good.
Steuber 6' 8" 320, signed with Michigan and Evanchik gave up Football to play lacrosse at Penn. Rose never had a chance against them, at least in the first half. Second half, I think he had one or two scores after Darien put the 2nd stringers in.

Reaction Score
What struck me about that game was how much better Darien was. I also was impressed with how much fight Rose showed throughout the game even when it was clear they were overmatched.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
so the kid can't change his mind on whether or not he wants to play football? this post is idiotic. I would be very confident betting a large sum of money that every year at least 30% of college football players seriously consider quitting.

What's idiotic is thinking that Jay had no part in his departure. Bob was nuts, but pushing away a viable QB isn't something even he would do. Bring him in or don't bring him in. I don't see him as a game changer.

You guys need to stop putting place of residence so high in the recruiting checklist.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

In Connecticut. The most dominant DL performance you ever saw in a CT HS FB game. Get excited if one of those DL end up in Storrs.

I don't mean to make this about Jay, but I'm all worn out from the homers around here looking for the next CT born star. Being a highly touted CT kid hasn't meant much. Some have worked out and some have come out of nowhere. Most don't haven't made an impact. I'd be more intrigued if they came from PA, GA, FL, or even Canada where most of our better players have come from.

Reaction Score
What's idiotic is thinking that Jay had no part in his departure. Bob was nuts, but pushing away a viable QB isn't something even he would do. Bring him in or don't bring him in. I don't see him as a game changer.

You guys need to stop putting place of residence so high in the recruiting checklist.
I could care less about where a kid was from, but did you see his offer list? He was one of our best recruits over the last few years.

Reaction Score
In Connecticut. The most dominant DL performance you ever saw in a CT HS FB game. Get excited if one of those DL end up in Storrs.

I don't mean to make this about Jay, but I'm all worn out from the homers around here looking for the next CT born star. Being a highly touted CT kid hasn't meant much. Some have worked out and some have come out of nowhere. Most don't haven't made an impact. I'd be more intrigued if they came from PA, GA, FL, or even Canada where most of our better players have come from.
Steuber went to Michigan and Evanchick could have gone to any school in the country if he wanted to play football.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I could care less about where a kid was from, but did you see his offer list? He was one of our best recruits over the last few years.

I believe most were recruiting him as a TE. Like I said, bring him in if we need the body. Looking at the depth chart I wouldn't mind thorwinghim in the QB mix but I don't think he is some savior. We need RKG's (not Bob's, Randy's) all over the field esp. up front. I'd be way more excited about a serviceable guard or DE.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

What about offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Maryland and West Virginia? He's obviously not a scrub, he just happens to also be from Connecticut.

Reaction Score

This past year alone, three highly touted CT prospects signed with Michigan and a 4th signed with Notre Dame. Ben Mason, Andrew Stueber, and Tarik Black all committed to Michigan and CJ Holmes signed with ND. Also Lucas Niang of New Canaan had offers from Penn State, Auburn, BC, Miami, and Kentucky, he signed with TCU.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This past year alone, three highly touted CT prospects signed with Michigan and a 4th signed with Notre Dame. Ben Mason, Andrew Stueber, and Tarik Black all committed to Michigan and CJ Holmes signed with ND. Also Lucas Niang of New Canaan had offers from Penn State, Auburn, BC, Miami, and Kentucky, he signed with TCU.

But don't you understand they're from Connecticut!!!! Your geographical location determines your skill set, huskyrob. I thought you knew better.

Reaction Score
But don't you understand they're from Connecticut!!!! Your geographical location determines your skill set, huskyrob. I thought you knew better.
Yeah you're right, Lol. My bad. Someone better tell Syracuse, BC, NC State, West Virginia, UCONN, Wisconsin, Maryland and Penn St, that offering Jay Rose was a huge gamble with him being from Connecticut.

Reaction Score
As long as we're talking about CT football talent, can anyone name a CT kid who went on to be one of the greatest players ever for the University of Notre Dame?

Reaction Score
As long as we're talking about CT football talent, can anyone name a CT kid who went on to be one of the greatest players ever for the University of Notre Dame?

Pete Demmerle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom