Hitting the gym. HARD! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hitting the gym. HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I agree, I’m hoping his injury allowed him to increase his core and leg strength significantly which will allow him to block the $&@# out the ball!

I was worried we wouldn’t see him this year but now I’m really optimistic and psyched to see him back.
I agree he needs the leg and core strength to hold his position.

Reaction Score
Whaley

Attachments

• 5DD2BCC4-E0E1-4B22-8B86-AEA964EB2800.jpeg
    5DD2BCC4-E0E1-4B22-8B86-AEA964EB2800.jpeg
    813.3 KB · Views: 451
Reaction Score
1602522524883.png
Nice guys finish last on the court! Love the little bit tougher look Whaley and Polley got now! They deserve to go out with some terrific success!!! Wish Vital had that chance but these guys are hungry as well and will get that chance hopefully!!!

Reaction Score
I agree he needs the leg and core strength to hold his position.
Yeah because that’s how strength training works

Oh finally, you hurt your knee, time to work on “core and legs”

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Yeah because that’s how strength training works

Oh finally, you hurt your knee, time to work on “core and legs”
I’m gonna be honest I don’t think anyone knows what the point is that you’re trying to make.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be honest I don’t think anyone knows what the point is that you’re trying to make.
Core and leg strength is already a hallmark feature of any sports strength programming. You don’t suddenly target “core strength” in response to an injury. Any large compound movement, especially the Olympic lifts coaches love, requires significant core strength.

And I’m not even getting into the silliness of the concept of truly loading the “core” here. What do people here think the “core” is? Abs? Do we completely disregard that the pelvis is the root of the “core”, and it’s very hard to load the “core” without some lower body load, which one would think would be avoided by a coach rehabbing an ACL tear.

Not attacking you, of course

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO.. Anyone who observed Akok pre-injury..Could see that if he hadn't used his foot speed to beat his opponent down court or with an offensive move.. And then settled into the half court offensive sets..That he could get bounced around pretty good by stronger players on opposing teams.. Same would be true when playing defense. He has clearly committed himself to resolving that issue while rehabbing from his injury..A wholistic strength program..as UConn has.. Strengthens the whole body.. Genetics of the athlete being part of the calculus.. Appears that he now has the body to be a BE PF/Stretch 4.. Will be fun to watch him back on the court doing his thing..

Reaction Score
He is much stronger than he was a year ago. If he's really 205 like he's listed as, he's our most versatile, switchable defender day 1. Easily can guard 2-4.

Reaction Score
View attachment 59767
Nice guys finish last on the court! Love the little bit tougher look Whaley and Polley got now! They deserve to go out with some terrific success!!! Wish Vital had that chance but these guys are hungry as well and will get that chance hopefully!!!

I disagree. I would rather see the guy smiling than the fake tough guy look. It's very 1980s. I prefer this look (but not in this uniform) every time over the "me-bad-dude" scowl.

kemba-walker-poses-for-a-portrait-during-the-charlotte-hornets-media-picture-id1039439398.jpg

Reaction Score
He always had a solid frame. But he is clearly totally bought in to this new SnC program. You don't gain that kind of muscle mass unless you're strict about diet when coach isn't around
It’s awesome to see. He had plenty of size to put onto his frame, but you gotta get after it to put on that type of size in such a short period of time. Would be curious to see how much some of these guys like him are having to eat calorie wise daily. Must be a Lot, he must burn a ton of calories on days he lifts and practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom