Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If it’s purely about matchups then okay. This is the exact game where Samson was missed yo match the length and mobility of the other bigs. Again. I would have loved to see Richie get run in a game like this.
I agree Samson is perfect for a game like this. Not sure why Richie doesn’t get more time either.

Reaction Score
Problem is, they packed the middle and there wasn't much room to go anywhere. Disappointed with Hawkins today, didn't seem to have a lot of energy
Can’t do it every game but we looked out of sorts early. A true road game. We’re fine. Good to find a wart before it grows. That was this game. We will get to the line more going forward. Newton will have a shorter leash and diarra a longer one. Clingan will get more time because with Samson back adama will be more active on defense.

Reaction Score
He has the tools. So, perhaps I'm just a bit overly optimistic in thinking he'll put it all together by the end of the year.
I agree, from an athleticism and quickness standpoint he does. He so obviously doesn’t trust himself though. Maybe he thinks he’ll get too many offensive fouls. But with how versatile he is, he should know how to avoid contact in the air as well. It’s a very curious scenerio.

Reaction Score
Team fell in love with the 3. Not getting to the line, too much Jackson shooting. Not enough inside game.
I had no issues with Jackson shooting. Shots looked good.

Issue was that Xavier made sure to give Jackson those shots and to blanket sanogo and Hawkins with help. Great coaching by Miller.

My issue is that Hurley tried to make them pay by overplaying Karaban.

I think he should have went defense first and inserted Diarra and moved newton tonthe wing. They got killed defensively because Hurley was hoping Karaban would go scorching hot from 3 (had enough open kiosk).

Of those 35 3s, I would be 27 were wide open and In Rhythm. But, they also had their worse shooter shooting them.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I agree, from an athleticism and quickness standpoint he does. He so obviously doesn’t trust himself though. Maybe he thinks he’ll get too many offensive fouls. But with how versatile he is, he should know how to avoid contact in the air as well. It’s a very curious scenerio.
I think that’s 100% the case. But it’s something that can only get better by just doing it. If he comes back the #1 thing he should work on is taking it to the rim.

Reaction Score
You guys are out of your damn minds. Sanogo is incredible. "Hype". My goodness.
Because Clingan only plays 10-20 minutes, he looks incredible. These people don't know what they're watching if they think he should be playing over Sanogo.

And next year Clingan may be better than Sanogo is this year, and that will be used as justification that he should have played more this year, as if sophomores aren't necessarily better than their freshman selves.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was bad stats aside.
Newton was bad. We’ll leave it at That.
40 3 pt attempts.
Refusal to play clingan and Diarra.

We haven’t worked the ball inside with set plays in 4 games. People are adapting to Sanogo, we need a change.

And that T.

Just gross ending to the game.
Sanogo. Sometimes gotta go with the horse. He was too slow with his moves today.

With Newton. I dont get it. You get more from Diarra when the shot isn’t falling.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because Clingan only plays 10-20 minutes, he looks incredible. These people don't know what they're watching if they think he should be playing over Sanogo.

And next year Clingan may be better than Sanogo is this year, and that will be used as justification that he should have played more this year, as if sophomores aren't necessarily better than their freshman selves.
To clarify, I don’t think Clingan needs more minutes than Sanogo. But he should play closer to 20 minutes a game than 10.

He played the least amount of minutes today with 7. He had 4 points 2 rebounds 2 assists and 1 block over that time. It’s unacceptable to play him that little.

Reaction Score
The fact that anyone thinks Jackson's shooting was the problem tonight is peak boneyard. Get a grip, fellas. It's a tired line.
Jackson has to shoot those shots. They all looked good tbh.

He is terrific. Issue was Karaban/newton and defense. They have so many other options. Try another combo.

Karaban? Just wasn’t big enough, quick enough and his suit wasn’t falling. Newton? No idea. I’d it. Know what he was trying to do out there.

Reaction Score
To clarify, I don’t think Clingan needs more minutes than Sanogo. But he should play closer to 20 minutes a game than 10.
The problem is that their minutes are zero-sum no matter what people on this board want to believe. Best is probably something like 28-12 barring foul trouble and with some flexibility if Clingan is killing it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The problem is that their minutes are zero-sum no matter what people on this board want to believe. Best is probably something like 28-12 barring foul trouble and with some flexibility if Clingan is killing it.
Right that is the big problem. It honestly may be necessary when Sanogo isn’t playing his best though. That’s why we have the depth. Today was one of those days DC should’ve played more.

Reaction Score
I jumped this thread so I’m not sure what comments have been made but I’m here to say the sky is not falling. We’re are 14 - 1. That‘s all Carry on

Reaction Score
I love Sanogo but do you really think he's incredible and do you think the proper allocation of minutes is happening between Sanogo and Clingan?
Clingan should’ve played a bit more today. Adama didn’t look like he was giving it his all defensively and was on switches and hedges.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He embarrassed himself tonight. We all knew this was going to be a tough game. Blowing your lineup management and getting a T at the worst possible time is a disgrace.

He's been much, much better this year so far. I think a loud away game in a hostile environment just made him forget all the stuff he changed about his coaching this off-season.

He'll be better next time. Coaches need to improve just like players--it's all a part of the game.
Hopefully he'll watch some tape of himself. He gets totally over-amped even when the team is just coming off the floor. His job is coaching; not cheerleading. It almost looks like some kind of catharsis from the stress he is under. Really coach; take a few breaths.
You are right; he needs to work on this. It is something that is correctible. He has to understand that this is hurting the team in games and as an example to his players. Also detracts from his ability to grow. As you noted, he has made progress on many things since last season.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
If it’s purely about matchups then okay. This is the exact game where Samson was missed yo match the length and mobility of the other bigs. Again. I would have loved to see Richie get run in a game like this.
I agree about Samson.

Richie? I wish he had the confidence of the coaches. But he does not.

Reaction Score

Issue was that Xavier made sure to give Jackson those shots and to blanket sanogo and Hawkins with help. Great coaching by Miller.

I think he should have went defense first and inserted Diarra and moved newton tonthe wing. They got killed defensively because Hurley was hoping Karaban would go scorching hot from 3 (had enough open kiosk).

Of those 35 3s, I would be 27 were wide open and In Rhythm. But, they also had their worse shooter shooting them.

Reaction Score
Right that is the big problem. It honestly may be necessary when Sanogo isn’t playing his best though. That’s why we have the depth. Today was one of those days DC should’ve played more.
It should be allocated based on best chance for success based on what’s transpiring in-game. If DC played another 5-10 in the 2nd half, we likely win the game. The proof was on the floor and what was happening comparatively. Big miss by DH.

Reaction Score
They're 14-1. They average 25-14. It doesn't feel off to me.

What does feel off to me is what we saw was: 33-7, the one game they lost. I think something like what they had been doing is probably right.
Schedule gets tougher and coaches are game planning better for us. Teams are keying in on Sanogo and Hawkins defensively and exploiting Sanogo's defense. Sanogo wore down last year and now he has a 7'2 giant behind him who rebounds better than him and shuts down the paint and you want Sanogo only 1 minute off his workload from last season.

That doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score

I agree 100% with you. I think I need to be clear, as I tend to be short and sweet and to the point. I never said “It’s Jackson’s fault!” Xavier game plan was to make UConn beat them from the outside and UConn took the bait. Jackson had wide open 3’s because Xavier would double down on Sanogo and Andre went 4-12, 30%. We stopped going to the hoop, we didn’t get to the line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom