He's Back! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

He's Back!

Reaction Score
I'm surprised from the standpoint of the Lakers being one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by one of the greatest players to ever play basketball. Had he made his decision shortly after meeting with Lakers executives and ownership, it would have been stunning to see him turn that down. But once he returned to the East coast and the decision-making progress started to drag out until Sunday and then to Monday, it became less surprising to see him stay at UConn. It's a lot harder to say "I'm leaving" when you have to go into the practice facility -- with jerseys of UConn legends on the walls and national championship trophies in the lobby -- and tell it to the team you built to chase a third consecutive title.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Didn't like the AD immediately putting a hand out... I guess he has to. But it's giving, we got him, but we're still broke!
First thing that came to mind was “Drink your Ovaltine” . “A friggin commercial”. Not sure why it did but maybe because it started with a heartfelt opening statement from Hurley.

Reaction Score
New Jersey has more wealthy towns than Texas, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio combined. N.J. has more millionaires than any other state. It has more millionaires than California and Cal. has four times the population of N.J.

Danny is an extraordinary coach and a remarkable person. I am proud that he is from N.J.

Reaction Score
calling games is what he is great at. Getting to the scoop might be something he is good at or not that all that good at and he clearly missed the mark on this one. He will become better at investigative journalism-he is young.
I don't get all the Fanta bashing. He's always given us some entertaining pro-UConn interviews. Chalk this up to being a learning experience, where next time he makes sure his Intel is sound. I don't remember him saying Hurley was gone, and based on some recent reports, it was a really hard decision for him to make. And if that was the case, it appears he was seriously considering LA's offer.

So thankful that he's staying!

Reaction Score
I think we got more pro UConn coverage (and air time) tonight on ESPN than after we won the championship. Just wow
Hurley has managed to make the UConn brand even bigger and this will pay off with recruits and it will create more UConn fans. I wouldn't be surprised if his final act at UConn is getting us a seat at the table in one of the big money making conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dan has now become a legend. Turns down Kentucky and the Lakers in the span of a couple of months to stay at Uconn. That is incredible. I just hope and i dont think we will have to deal with this every season.
It also sets up the narrative that UConn is a better job then LA or Kentucky. I mean we all knew that, but now it's out there for the world to know.

Reaction Score
He is a good man. A man with character and values. Understands the concept of having enough. And loyalty
and, he didn't think financially it was worth the difference? could be both, right?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
First, let me state that I love Dan Hurley. I'm on record saying we should hire him. On record saying he shouldn't be fired after the New Mexico st loss. But this constant BS about his loyalty is laughable. Every coach has to do what's best for himself and his staff. Was DH loyal to Wagner? Rhode Island? He's a good guy and I love that he is our coach but every coach in every sport has to looking out for their best interests.

Reaction Score
Hurley has managed to make the UConn brand even bigger and this will pay off with recruits and it will create more UConn fans. I wouldn't be surprised if his final act at UConn is getting us a seat at the table in one of the big money making conferences.
I sure hope it isn't nearly his final act. Get us a seat soon and win championships for a while. Of course, every time I hope Hurley helps us I have to remind myself that basketball seems to mean zip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom