He's Back!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We win!
IMG_3332.jpeg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yea, I think UConn would be a natural for the ACC. I mean, you're relatively close to the Atlantic Ocean and it would be a much better conference for you than the Big East (or the "Little East", as I call it). Frankly, I would gladly trade you Boston College for UConn.
The ACC is currently hot garbage. Pass

Reaction Score
Just gave mine. Think this gives me access to storrscentral now?
oh no! that link doesn't, you have to sign up through the storrs central site. that is a donation page

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Underrated statement. May be the moment we look back on...
That statement means that from this point forward everything will be in decline. I preferred to consider this just another point in our ascension.

(We are still doomed, though.)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
New Jersey has more wealthy towns than Texas, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio combined. N.J. has more millionaires than any other state. It has more millionaires than California and Cal. has four times the population of N.J.

Danny is an extraordinary coach and a remarkable person. I am proud that he is from N.J.

Other than being factually wrong on almost everything, good post. NJ may have more millionaires per capita but is no where near the top for raw numbers.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
why does hurley have beef with the church? he doesn’t want to stop beating the hell out of their basketball teams.

Reaction Score
Yea, I think UConn would be a natural for the ACC. I mean, you're relatively close to the Atlantic Ocean and it would be a much better conference for you than the Big East (or the "Little East", as I call it). Frankly, I would gladly trade you Boston College for UConn.

Consider this possibility - UConn, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky etc explore taking over the March Madness golden goose from the NCAA.
MM generates over $1b in revenue each year for the best three weeks in sports! For comparison, CFP's new media deal will pay about $1.3b for 6 years (2026-2032). So the CBP (College Basketball Playoff) would be big too!

Why can't it be handled the way CFP is handled by the football powers? Also, you could be relevant in both the CFP and the new CBP , depending on your stature as a competitor. (like Alabama?)

As far as UConn is concerned, it is woefully underpaid for its performance in BB. We are stuck in a conference with no football and that pays peanuts. Also, the NCAA is stingy in its sharing of MM revenue. (The reason why might be because I think the NCAA gets about 80-85% of its yearly revenue from MM.)

I say at least explore doing in BB what the football powers did in FB. The common refrain you hear is that BB "doesn't move the needle". If the power teams/conferences controlled the MM operation, CBB certainly would "move the needle". If this were to happen, it would instantly increase UConn's value to a conference tremendously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom