He's Back! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

He's Back!

Reaction Score
I don't think many of us realize and appreciate how difficult this decision must have been for him. According to Woj, the Lakers offered Dan Hurley their largest contract ever. Oh, and he turned down the uk job.

I mean as an employee, its very hard for one of us to turn down a much more lucrative job promotion change with great financial benefits, exposure, deals, perks and bonuses. Especially when the company would allow us to operate our way with full support.

Dan Hurley has character, integrity and loyalty. Parents of recruits will take notice cuz he's the type of man you want your kid to learn from.

Just saying this is very significant moment beyond basketball.

You the Man Dan!

Movie gif. Chris Evans as Captain America looking up and giving a salute.
Captain DAnMerica?

Reaction Score
Does that include the acc? Cause I’d settle for the acc
Yea, I think UConn would be a natural for the ACC. I mean, you're relatively close to the Atlantic Ocean and it would be a much better conference for you than the Big East (or the "Little East", as I call it). Frankly, I would gladly trade you Boston College for UConn.

Reaction Score
Read the Syracuse board for your entertainment
Thanks for the suggestion! They are apoplectic! It is clear that they have always resented us and have been working the back channels to keep us from being drafted by a P5 conference.

At the end of the day, Syracuse remains an overpriced, wildly over rated 2nd tier private institution. They are understandably jealous of UConn and will remain so until they fold ..

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestion! They are apoplectic! It is clear that they have always resented us and have been working the back channels to keep us from being drafted by a P5 conference.

At the end of the day, Syracuse remains an overpriced, wildly over rated 2nd tier private institution. They are understandably jealous of UConn and will remain so until they fold ..
Yep, totally agree with you here. Totally overrated and who wants to be in Syracuse, NY in the wintertime (or any time of year, for that matter)??

Reaction Score
First, let me state that I love Dan Hurley. I'm on record saying we should hire him. On record saying he shouldn't be fired after the New Mexico st loss. But this constant BS about his loyalty is laughable. Every coach has to do what's best for himself and his staff. Was DH loyal to Wagner? Rhode Island? He's a good guy and I love that he is our coach but every coach in every sport has to looking out for their best interests.
I agree but i think It shows he really loves and wants to be here. I think thats what is meant by loyalty. Not leaving when you easily could have and no one wouldve blamed him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
where can I get some Dan Hurley specific merch? gimme that fat head face tshirt eeyyooo

Reaction Score
The "old guy" is extremely happy for all of Ct. but most of all for the 2024-2025 team. Win or lose they will be coached up to a high level, and make Ct. proud. Think about the UConn total athletic program. Except for FB they rank amongst the best in the country. The AD deserves a shout out for all that has been accomplished. Perhaps if we all pitch in a few bucks, we can help keep the program one which we can all be proud, with great coaches, student/athletes, facilities and fans. I enjoy reading all the posts and to those who predicted that Coach Hurley would be back: Congratulations

Reaction Score
Headline:

Hurley spurns Lakers rejects their offer to stay at UConn.

Yup it’s official we are the basketball capital of the world.

Bigger than US Steel.

Wow our coach just told one of the most storied franchises in basketball thanks but no thanks.

I wonder if this is what the Lakers expected. Was it all part of the plan or did Danny kind of play them.
Not just basketball… all sports worldwide. The lakers are the Real Madrid or Manchester United of basketball. Globally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom