Herbst Stepping Down | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Herbst Stepping Down

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But again, why should we expect anyone on this board to have a logical and practical solution to the State's fiscal issues, when the #1 priority for most posters here is ensuring UConn doesn't share an athletic conference with East Carolina.

depositphotos_43715191-Upset-senior-woman.jpg

A college sports fan bulletin board whose focus is on athletic issues... the nerve!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nah, pensions can be cut.

Let's start with means testing all pensions going to politicians: Make it an average of 30 years earnings, not the highest five years.

Next, means test all other pensions, and this includes all income, including a spouse's income, and including all income from all sources.

Bottom line: If you are able to draw $100k/yr from a 401k or 403b, your government pension should be limited to the amount you actually paid into the system.

Treat SS the same way - it's an insurance program meant to make sure you are able to retire and pay your bills.
Do what was done in industry and phase out and eventually eliminate pensions in favor or 401ks

Reaction Score
No surprise here, I have posted several times on here that Herbst or Benedict or both will have to resign because of the way they handled the Kevin situation. She’s taking the high road before The ship hit the rock.

Reaction Score
True, but maybe you could take aim at the UConn branch campuses then instead. The same argument holds.

Absolutely! Not "instead", but they could be folded into Connecticut State as well.

Reaction Score
If that's case why is she waiting until July 2019 to step down?
No surprise here, I have posted several times on here that Herbst or Benedict or both will have to resign because of the way they handled the Kevin situation. She’s taking the high road before The ship hit the rock.[/QUOTE

Reaction Score
If that's case why is she waiting until July 2019 to step down?
To give her time to pick up another year and fat pay check. Instead of being fired she’s stepping forward with resignation. Similar to what the Parkland police officer did so he can get $8,700 per month pension. He would have been fired and wouldn’t have gotten any of his pension had he not resigned.

Reaction Score
That's an awful lot of excuses.

That's an awful lot that went right.

Give me the comparables? UAlbany? UMASS? Rutgers? Penn State? Buffalo? URI? UNH?
Delaware?

I can cite why and how Susan Herbst has raised our profile - mostly academic and development (*means fundraising). Far better than others. It is NOT just about athletics; though, I would say any of these would love to have our record - even with Ollie in there.

Reaction Score
To give her time to pick up another year and fat pay check. Instead of being fired she’s stepping forward with resignation. Similar to what the Parkland police officer did so he can get $8,700 per month pension. He would have been fired and wouldn’t have gotten any of his pension had he not resigned.
She's going to get a fat check teaching at UConn Stamford with less stress. I don't consider leaving at the end of a contract to be a resignation.

Reaction Score
That's an awful lot that went right.

Give me the comparables? UAlbany? UMASS? Rutgers? Penn State? Buffalo? URI? UNH?
Delaware?

I can cite why and how Susan Herbst has raised our profile - mostly academic and development (*means fundraising). Far better than others. It is NOT just about athletics; though, I would say any of these would love to have our record - even with Ollie in there.

Donations are also way up too

Reaction Score
She's going to get a fat check teaching at UConn Stamford with less stress. I don't consider leaving at the end of a contract to be a resignation.
For pennies compare to what she’s making now.

Reaction Score
Oops. I thought this thread was in the cesspool. Sorry.

Are you really so bored you had to scroll down a dozen pages just to see what was here?

Me too, but I'm banning myself from this thread.

Mods, pls ban, thx.

Reaction Score
Why do we need four mediocre universities? Combine them into one like Guapo said and just make it Connecticut State and then open a few community colleges if you want local commuter schools
With good leadership they will be in a P5 before UConn

Reaction Score
She’s currently making around $800,000 per year at UCONN.
So the state is punishing her for the Kevin Ollie firing by giving her another years worth of work including salary? Is that right?

Reaction Score
So the state is punishing her for the Kevin Ollie firing by giving her another years worth of work including salary? Is that right?
Her contract is up in 2019

Reaction Score
Some people never miss an opportunity to fellate our former head coach . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom