Herbst Stepping Down | The Boneyard

Herbst Stepping Down

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Posting just so I can follow this thread...

I don't begrudge her very much. She hired AD Dave and enhanced UConn's academic profile. Labeling Warde Manuel a "rock star," was probably a misstep, but hopefully UConn can poach more Big Ten personnel to continue the charge forward, both athletically and academically.

Reaction Score
Hallelujah. Now get someone with some balls who will push back against the town of Mansfield.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm not a big Herbst fan, so her leaving in a vacuum wouldn't bother me.

However, given the state's budget issues, I would think this implies the future is going to be bleak financially as far as state support to UConn goes.

Reaction Score
I think she did a great job. Our academic reputation is skyrocketing and we seem to be boosting the strength of branch campuses. I appreciate the value she added to my degree! Thanks, Susan
UConn has the recession to thank for their ability to increase difficulty of admissions and therefore raise their perceived academic profile. Herbst just happened to come in and feel the effect of that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think she's been the best of our recent presidents by a wide margin. I'm a little worried that the next one will be a step backwards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think she did a great job. I hope we can find someone who is close to as capable as she was. That said, someone who will take on the town of Mansfield can help with what comes next. Storrs has to grow. Period.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think she did a great job. I hope we can find someone who is close to as capable as she was. That said, someone who will take on the town of Mansfield can help with what comes next. Storrs has to grow. Period.

Storrs is growing just fine. JMick is just being a snowflake.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Tell your idiot neighbors to make up their minds. Opposed stores center for decades. Now that it's built they won't move the HS because they like the storrs center so much.

Everyone involved in the opposition to Storrs Center from the 90s/early 00s is either dead, gone from the area, or no longer involved in politics. Storrs Center has wide support from the residents and was built with our tax dollars. You owe us a debt of gratitude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom