Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Butch changed his name to Adios, then left. Seriously. He was getting some really nasty anti Muslim messages.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I think it's fair game for us to crap all over each other for having terrible basketball opinions, but that's just ridiculous. He seemed like a good guy

Reaction Score
I’m assuming these were private messages? Otherwise those bigots need to be called out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
'His last post:

gotta luv uri et umass; where bee catamounts et unh wildcats et black bares? doubt courant teemsters phil memorial stadia when give free dogs during beany frosh orient/only wynn when luv of game et fun 2 play/none of that exists 4 eons/how make game fun for participants? solve that et win do...
Wait isn’t that a Cliffspiffy post?

CL82

Reaction Score
Kristen Bell GIF by VakantieVeilingen

8893 logging back on to The Boneyard and seeing there is a ten page thread about him, only to realize that the vast majority of it has nothing to do with him.

Reaction Score
Need some help here. Early 00‘s, prominent posters included SuzyQ, Aussiecuz, Dogfather, CT Orange, Beakumhawks: what is the name of the very intermittent poster that would post bizzare posts with a capitals and small letters randomly interspersed. A truly unique character and part of yard history.

Can’t for the life of me remember his handle. (If I recall correctly we even had one day a week where anyone posting in a particular thread had to use this style. (Anyone else remember this ? (Or something like it))

SuzyQ!! I remember that one

CL82

Reaction Score
Need some help here. Early 00‘s, prominent posters included SuzyQ, Aussiecuz, Dogfather, CT Orange, Beakumhawks: what is the name of the very intermittent poster that would post bizzare posts with a capitals and small letters randomly interspersed. A truly unique character and part of yard history.

Can’t for the life of me remember his handle. (If I recall correctly we even had one day a week where anyone posting in a particular thread had to use this style. (Anyone else remember this ? (Or something like it))
JaCkSoN ?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Butch changed his name to Adios, then left. Seriously. He was getting some really nasty anti Muslim messages.
Thx, had forgotten and couldn't find 'em.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I missed like 8 pages of this thread and don't want to skim through it. Did anyone find 8893?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What happened to CitrusDog and Butch?

Butch was a big football fan. They both talked about their health problems so I hope they're still with us. CitrusDog had some of the best posts in boneyard history.
Wait, what? From people on the board?
I'm really sorry to hear that. I think it's fair game for us to crap all over each other for having terrible basketball opinions, but that's just ridiculous. He seemed like a good guy
I had the pleasure of meeting Butch through giving away an extra hockey ticket years ago. He told me his name and filled me in on his health and appearance. He told me he didn’t want to catch me off guard when we met but I honestly thought he was joking. I assumed the historian/D3 football fanatic with the moniker Butch would have been a burly 60 yr old white guy and we were going to be throwing back beers all game. That was not Butch at all… He was very sheepish and said he’d understand if I didn’t want to sit with him. It was sad that he even had to think that way.

We chatted about life outside UConn/the yard and he had been going through it health wise but this was years ago. And he had been active since. He was definitely one of a kind and had a style where you knew it was his post without reading the username. I hope he’s okay and left the yard on his own terms. Pretty disgusting to hear he was getting hate messages on here.

Reaction Score
I think I had a good two year run where I was arguing with Palatine, , HuskyHawk and a few other folks over on the Cesspool and really getting into it. Just straight up quote wars.

It is funny to me that the Cesspool had to be moved offsite because its such a liability. Aptly named for sure.

Glad to hear 8893 and others are doing well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Given the political views of some here, completely believable he'd get attacked. Butch was cool, although when he got deep into Gog and Magog, he could try one's patience.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Hey Chuck, nice to become reaquainted! I assume you still bleed Husky Blue! I was Waquoit95 on AOL back then.
I consider myself to have a very good memory but I'm beyond impressed you remember my signature from 25 years ago. And agree, nice to become reacquainted!

CL82

Reaction Score
He told me his name and filled me in on his health and appearance.

I assumed the historian/D3 football fanatic with the moniker Butch would have been a burly 60 yr old white guy and we were going to be throwing back beers all game. That was not Butch at all…
So now I’m curious, what was his appearance? I don’t know that I have a mental image for most posters but yeah a burly 60 old white guy would fit for Butch. He had some great stuff that he used to offer to sell from time to time, if I remember correctly. Seemed like a good guy come on with an amazing knowledge of sports history.

Unreal that he was getting hate messages, presumably from people on The Boneyard. There were some pretty strange opinions down in the aptly named cesspool that people were remarkably “passionate” about though.

Reaction Score
Four, but I'm starting to question the list. Nobody is ignoring Fishy.

Who???

I’m just happy and honored to know my 21 posters who have me on ignore are 51 short of being the man. Let me work on that!

Reaction Score
He doing really well. He’s a member of the CT Bar now (UConn law grad) still follows all uconn sports religiously and is in a nice relationship. He had a love/hate thing with message boards, and I think the break is great for him.
He also said we would never find a better Coach than Kevin Ollie. How did that age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom