OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
My 76 year old mother text me about Tom Brady today. She knows nothing about sports. I know there are Brady haters out there. That's fine, but he's more than a good football. More than the best football player. He's part of the culture. We've watched him compete in half The Superbowls for close to 20 years. The Superbowl has become about if Tom Brady wins or not. Yes this is hyperbolic. But the hyperbole is going to increase when Man In The Arena comes out.

I'm not really a fan. Or wasn't. But his career is the most unique thing I've seen in sports. It's beyond sports

Reaction Score
TB is the GOAT and this just sealed the deal. Amazing how this guy lifts his team and gets it done. Belichick looks like the clown he’s proven himself to be. He’s a loser without TB, and TB showed he is the system.

Reaction Score
There were 8 to 14 teams in the NBA when Russell won 11 and between 6 and 16 in the NHL for Richard. Yogi Berra won 10 over 50+ years in a league with mostly 16 teams (they got up to 20 by the end of his playing career and 26 by the end of his coaching).

Brady won 7 with 32 teams (1 season with 31).

Reaction Score
Yogi Berra won 10 over 50+ years in a league with mostly 16 teams (they got up to 20 by the end of his playing career and 26 by the end of his coaching).

Yogi won 10 over 18 years as a player.

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago Mahomes was flying around Arrowhead stadium taunting the Bills along with his team being all that.
Yesterday he was running for his life and crushed in a fetal position on a sack.
That was the most extreme up and down in memory.

Reaction Score
There were 8 to 14 teams in the NBA when Russell won 11 and between 6 and 16 in the NHL for Richard. Yogi Berra won 10 over 50+ years in a league with mostly 16 teams (they got up to 20 by the end of his playing career and 26 by the end of his coaching).

And with a salary cap

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago Mahomes was flying around Arrowhead stadium taunting the Bills along with his team being all that.
Yesterday he was running for his life and crushed in a fetal position on a sack.
That was the most extreme up and down in memory.
Haven't seen a player running for his life like that since Barry Sanders.

He was was not a QB but more like red meat to a hungry lion.

Reaction Score
Legendary career. On par with MJ. The best game manager, on the field coach, in sports history. Will make a great coach one day.
Better. And the only one to blame for that is MJ's alltime GOAT ego. "I'm just as good at baseball", "I'm going to retire early", "No, I'm going to play for Washington"

I don't doubt, absent all that crap, he very well could have won 8, 9, maybe 10 straight NBA titles. But he didn't.

Reaction Score
Long time Patriots fan, Congrats to Tom, clearly the GOAT, but another game won by his defense, with help from the refs this time. He didn’t do much.
That was Mahomes that "didn't do much"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is amazing. Dan O says Mahomes scrambled, before throwing, for 458 yards. He also said it it was a "clinical mauling" of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball by Tampa. I agree. Brady had all day, and the Chiefs OL looked like me playing OL on a UConn intramural team (we did win the title).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
GOAT of all GOATs. Better than: Jordan, Gretzky, Serena, Federer, Phelps, Bolt, Woods, Babe Ruth and whoever else you want to name that was the best at their sport. Greatest athlete to ever exist. Period.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The more Brady wins the more it helps Eli’s case for the hall of fame.

Nope. Eli is not hall of fame caliber. 2 super bowl wins/ rings - yes. Great accomplishment. And I'm a Giants fan.

Reaction Score
Impressed end of first half he's yelling to the sidelines as they bring Fournette in during TO. He looks back and said something to the effect of "no keep me with my guys, same play" and he won over the staff as Fournette turned around and left. He is a players-coach no doubt and is the GOAT. Don't like him at all but respect the accomplishments.

Reaction Score
GOAT of all GOATs. Better than: Jordan, Gretzky, Serena, Federer, Phelps, Bolt, Woods, Babe Ruth and whoever else you want to name that was the best at their sport. Greatest athlete to ever exist. Period.

To each their own but please when you think of Jordan, Babe and Gretzky I'm just not putting him there never mind greatest athlete ever. QB sure, athlete no. Michael had to do it on both ends, did Tom?

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I saw a tweet that said something like, "Mahomes threw the seven best incomplete passes in SB history."

KC lost big last night, but watching replays on some of those throws when he was being chased, and especially the one where he was parallel to the turf on his way down, Mahomes made throws under intense pressure (or while being tackled) that were remarkable. Montana to Clark and Eli to Tyree were similar, but it seemed Mahomes had to do that almost all night long. He is a great talent.

Reaction Score
To each their own but please when you think of Jordan, Babe and Gretzky I'm just not putting him there.
Agreed. I think Tiger is better for instance given how insanely difficult it is to win a golf tournament over 4 days

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I saw a tweet that said something like, "Mahomes threw the seven best incomplete passes in SB history."

KC lost big last night, but watching replays on some of those throws when he was being chased, and especially the one where he was parallel to the turf on his way down, Mahomes made throws under intense pressure (or while being tackled) that were remarkable. Montana to Clark and Eli to Tyree were similar, but it seemed Mahomes had to do that almost all night long. He is a great talent.

My understanding is that the Chiefs were missing both starting OT. That didn't help. But clearly the game was won at the line of scrimmage. Tampa dominated both sides. Mahomes scrambled for 458 yards, on his pass plays. Brady, 38.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a player running for his life like that since Barry Sanders.

He was was not a QB but more like red meat to a hungry lion.
The Playbook for KC is out.....and you can bet the house the Bills will be bringing it hard next encounter

Reaction Score

Bradys super bowl VS Steph Curry’s 3 pointers is an absolute joke let’s not get beyond stupid which has begun. Geez how many shots at 3s VS Brady’s shots at SBs have there been??? lol

Can we leave this at football GOAT QB, maybe footballs greatest winning player?

Reaction Score

The one he threw side arm almost already having hit the ground and was a bullet about 30-35 yards was beyond incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom