Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn

Reaction Score
If I thought I was proven wrong, I'd be happy to admit it. Look at it this way: Let's say, for the sake of argument, that my imagined scenario really did happen. What would Mamadou tell a reporter in that case? I would expect him to say exactly what he is quoted as saying in the article. (To do otherwise would be to unnecessarily invite scrutiny into the matter.) Now, of course, the quotes he gave to Borges would have also been expected if his claims are true. I am not claiming this article supports my suspicion. I am only saying it does nothing whatsoever to contradict it, in my opinion.

You: speculates wildly

Proven insider: That didn't happen.

You: Well, how will we EVER know the truth. They would just lie anyways.

You're ridiculous.

Reaction Score
my imagined scenario
The Office Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
If I thought I was proven wrong, I'd be happy to admit it. Look at it this way: Let's say, for the sake of argument, that my imagined scenario really did happen. What would Mamadou tell a reporter in that case? I would expect him to say exactly what he is quoted as saying in the article. (To do otherwise would be to unnecessarily invite scrutiny into the matter.) Now, of course, the quotes he gave to Borges would have also been expected if his claims are true. I am not claiming this article supports my suspicion. I am only saying it does nothing whatsoever to contradict it, in my opinion.

Shutting your mouth is always an option. But cool, keep calling people liars, you absolute fool. Consider, just for a second, that people know more about this than you do.

Reaction Score
So you believe they all just concocted a story for no reason whatsoever. Mamadou hyping UConn to his brother was never a violation to begin with. Meaning there would be no reason to even bring it up unless it were true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that my imagined scenario really did happen
Lol, if you realize that your “imagined scenario” is just that, imagined, then why are you still droning on about it?

[CL82 thinks to himself] Please don’t let him imagine some kind of alien abduction theory next.

Reaction Score
Good lord you spend your free time arguing with other people about idiotic scenarios you make up in your head.....

get a job hackers GIF

Reaction Score
I have apparently struck a nerve, so I apologize to the people I have hurt. Anyone care to clue me in at to why, though? I have seen crazier and more incendiary takes than mine go by without vitriolic response. Just curious.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Lol, if you realize that your “imagined scenario” is just that, imagined, then why are you still droning on about it?

[CL82 thinks to himself] Please don’t let him imagine some kind of alien abduction theory next.
I don't understand his motivation but he is determined to die on that hill.

Reaction Score
I don't understand his motivation but he is determined to die on that hill.
You're the one guy who agreed with me (or at least was willing to discuss it without getting personal) last round!

Reaction Score
If what the article says is true, of course my point from a couple weeks ago is moot. The reported scenario is nothing like my admittedly imagined scenario.

Now, if you think it's more likely that the reported scenario is true compared to the likelihood of my imagined scenario being true, well, bridge for sale and all that.

Aside: I'd like to reiterate that I was never condemning Hassan, Mamadou, or Hurley. I was condemning the people who would cry tampering if this scenario played out anywhere else.
You started off good and then the wheels fell off, just take the L and move along.

Reaction Score
I have apparently struck a nerve, so I apologize to the people I have hurt. Anyone care to clue me in at to why, though? I have seen crazier and more incendiary takes than mine go by without vitriolic response. Just curious.
It’s prob the fact that you made the argument as if it was fact, and it kinda wouldn’t make the program look in the best light (if there was any factual argument here)

Then as more and more information came out, insiders here, reporters, player & family, & coaches say your theory is wrong, you just follow it up with “still could have happened my way”.

Versus showing humility, you went 7th degree rabbit hole conspiracy theorist on this. Was just overkill.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You're the one guy who agreed with me (or at least was willing to discuss it without getting personal) last round!
I absolutely did not agree with you. What I did was state that what you were claiming as a possibility could not happen.

Now, that considerable evidence is in, your stance is basically if certain things did happen behind the scenes and the parties involved lied about, then your premise could be correct. You are creating a conspiracy where one doesn't exist and you are adding layers to it in order to avoid claiming you were wrong.

Reaction Score
Really, 20 mpg isn't much for the third guard. If you only play 2 guard lineups, there are 80 minutes and they could be split 30-30-20. If you often play three guard lineups, there are a lot more minutes.
as has been said, diarra is the 4th G and my guesstimate of 20 mpg is already based on the assumption that we start a small ball lineup with AJ at the 4. the starters should all be locked into 25-30 mpg so i dont see diarra getting more than 20 unless our young bigs (samson, karaban, clingan) aren't playing as much as we're hoping, thereby forcing us to play small a majority of the time. the more time we use traditional lineups the less time diarra will get.

Newton 30- Diarra 10
Alleyne 25-Diarra 10- Hawk 5
Hawk 20- Jackson 20
Jackson 10- Samson 15- Karaban 15
Sanogo 30- Clingan 10

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s prob the fact that you made the argument as if it was fact, and it kinda wouldn’t make the program look in the best light (if there was any factual argument here)

Then as more and more information came out, insiders here, reporters, player & family, & coaches say your theory is wrong, you just follow it up with “still could have happened my way”.

Versus showing humility, you went 7th degree rabbit hole conspiracy theorist on this. Was just overkill.
You will not find one instance of me posting on this topic "as if it was fact". I have gone out of my way to point out that I acknowledge my suspicions are purely speculation. I am sensitive to this criticism because it is my one of my pet peeves when other people do it, and they do it a lot on here.

To the second half of your first sentence, I'm guessing you're exactly right. This whole time, I've been thinking to myself, "Jeez, these people are reacting as if I just said their wives are whores." I guess that's how my speculation was received.

I'd argue my claim was more along the lines of, "This looks like a case of our wives speeding, so let's make sure not to get all high and mighty next time we find out about Mrs. Boeheim speeding." But whatevs.

Reaction Score
I absolutely did not agree with you. What I did was state that what you were claiming as a possibility could not happen.

Now, that considerable evidence is in, your stance is basically if certain things did happen behind the scenes and the parties involved lied about, then your premise could be correct. You are creating a conspiracy where one doesn't exist and you are adding layers to it in order to avoid claiming you were wrong.
1653071360474.png

This is what I was referring to.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have seen crazier and more incendiary takes than mine go by without vitriolic response.

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Have you though? Dude, let it go. Even I think this is batshit crazy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i had a longer explanation, but it got poofed.
here's the short answer:
lots of folks walking around here, just looking for things to be butthurt aboot. real or imagined.

Reaction Score
”All I did was imply that the new guy and his brother, who has been on staff the last few years, are liars. What’s the big deal?!”

Anyway, a greatly improved Diarra would start. The more likely outcome is he‘s coming off the bench and is a constant reminder to get it together from jump or he’s taking your minutes.

Reaction Score
Guys,, I've just imagined a scenario where Hurley was hosting impermissible barbecues with players, and then buying hookers for recruits! I mean, it happened with Pearl and Pitino, but surely that means it could happen here too. Even if Hurley denies this imagined scenario, I don't think I would believe him because why would he admit to it??

Reaction Score
Guys,, I've just imagined a scenario where Hurley was hosting impermissible barbecues with players, and then buying hookers for recruits! I mean, it happened with Pearl and Pitino, but surely that means it could happen here too. Even if Hurley denies this imagined scenario, I don't think I would believe him because why would he admit to it??
Is anything impermissible anymore in college sports recruiting? Kids are being paid a million dollars out in the open to attend a school nowadays and the NCAA is going to keep tracking numbers of texts, phone calls, bbq meals and who's paying for the hookers?

The NCAA as a governing body is dead, just ignore them.

Reaction Score
Lmao Lol GIF by Beauty and the Geek Australia

Reaction Score
If some kid signed with another program where his brother had been on the staff for years only the usual crazies would be crying foul anyway so the entire “tampering” hypothetical that started this disaster seemed silly to begin with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom