Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra fulfills a dream, sees championships in his future with UConn

Reaction Score
You will not find one instance of me posting on this topic "as if it was fact". I have gone out of my way to point out that I acknowledge my suspicions are purely speculation. I am sensitive to this criticism because it is my one of my pet peeves when other people do it, and they do it a lot on here.

To the second half of your first sentence, I'm guessing you're exactly right. This whole time, I've been thinking to myself, "Jeez, these people are reacting as if I just said their wives are whores." I guess that's how my speculation was received.

I'd argue my claim was more along the lines of, "This looks like a case of our wives speeding, so let's make sure not to get all high and mighty next time we find out about Mrs. Boeheim speeding." But whatevs.
You asked a question, I answered. Your need to rebuttal is indicative of the problem at hand. I won’t reply anymore to this, in an effort to not muddy up the thread.

pj

Reaction Score
as has been said, diarra is the 4th G and my guesstimate of 20 mpg is already based on the assumption that we start a small ball lineup with AJ at the 4. the starters should all be locked into 25-30 mpg so i dont see diarra getting more than 20 unless our young bigs (samson, karaban, clingan) aren't playing as much as we're hoping, thereby forcing us to play small a majority of the time. the more time we use traditional lineups the less time diarra will get.

Newton 30- Diarra 10
Alleyne 25-Diarra 10- Hawk 5
Hawk 20- Jackson 20
Jackson 10- Samson 15- Karaban 15
Sanogo 30- Clingan 10

If Hawkins and Jackson are guards, then we're playing 3 guard lineups all the time and 4 guard lineups often. Then we have 5 guards, and they're splitting 130-140 minutes.

You have Diarra at 20 mpg and your "guards" at 130 minutes, so I take it we don't differ about much if anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If some kid signed with another program where his brother had been on the staff for years only the usual crazies would be crying foul anyway so the entire “tampering” hypothetical that started this disaster seemed silly to begin with.
You’re not wrong, but that is pretty normal Internet fodder. What’s weird is a UConn fan on a UConn board imagining violations, talking about them ad nauseam, and then asserting that a respected alumni and former staff member must be lying when he says the imagined scenario didn’t take place.

Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel

Reaction Score
You’re not wrong, but that is pretty normal Internet fodder. What’s weird is a UConn fan on a UConn board imagining violations, talking about them ad nauseam, and then asserting that a respected alumni and former staff member must be lying when he says the imagined scenario didn’t take place.

Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel
  • I never said anyone violated any rules.
  • Is Mamadou not a current staff member? That would change things.
  • Alumnus*

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
  • Alumnus*
You - out of the gene pool!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
  • Alumnus*
No you just imagined it, over and over and over. It’s weird

Reaction Score
A lot of us are El-Amin without the jump shot, dribbling, and passing. 5'10 fat guys who talk a lot of smack.

Regarding the weight, this stuff happens and life happens, even to guys who used to be 5'10 and are now 5'8.

Live long enough and you either get fat or skinny compared to where you were when you were younger.

Maybe the older skinny ones because of loss of muscle mass or diminished appetite with age.

And, the older fat ones, less activity, or metabolism slowing down or enjoying pizza and not having the work stress that left because of retirement.

Look at the girth of some of the former UConn BB players from one of the championship teams, and they aren't even old.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't understand his motivation but he is determined to die on that hill.
...or maybe die trying.™

I'm finding it oddly fun, but I don't know if it's because I understand what's going on, or because I don't understand what's going, or because I don't really care all that much, or because I wonder if I ought to care.This might all just be a brand-building exercise, whether intentional or accidental. Or maybe the effort is required to pay off a lost bet.

I'd claim that I'm gonna fold, but I never anted.

"Life is just a game,
You fly a paper plane,
There is no end"

[Repeat until full fade]

Reaction Score
I like the look of his game in those highlights -- physical guard not afraid to finish through contact.

The vibe I get is a rich man's Terrence Samuel, with a jump shot.
If he could give us what Kromah did in 2014 that would be amazing.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have apparently struck a nerve, so I apologize to the people I have hurt. Anyone care to clue me in at to why, though? I have seen crazier and more incendiary takes than mine go by without vitriolic response. Just curious.
Perhaps it's the doubling down and basically calling everybody who said otherwise liars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom