Has the gag order been lifted?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even Purvis thinks Miller stepped over the line

/rimshot
giphy.gif

C

Chief00

He has nothing to sue them for. Ollie can hire/fire who he wants for whatever reason. What does UCONN have to do with it?
He got fired by UConn because he was blowing the whistle against wrong doing - he would say.

Reaction Score
Both Ollie and UCONN come out of this looking bad. One would think the 2 parties (who allegedly really care about UCONN MBB) would have been able to come to a private settlement.

You'd think...but at the end of the day, sentiment matters not, and CashMunny is still king.....

C

Chief00

Gotta admit, I don't like that smell. I love JC and I know all my heroes have their warts, but I don't like to see them exposed. I literally plugged my ears and started doing the "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" thing when my buddy started telling me about some of the stuff that went down under JC's tenure.

In true Irish fashion, part of me wants to think JC wasn't involved beyond knowing he couldn't tell Miller to lie to the NCAA without creating potential exposure for himself and more exposure for the school. I have a hard time believing he knew the extent to which Miller was going to go, or that he encouraged him to speculate like he did in order to bury Ollie.

I was looking forward to rooting for St. Joe's. Was.

Agree, not lying is one thing - recklessly voluntarily offering speculation to harm
people is another- now you all know what Chief has been saying about this dude.

Reaction Score
UCONN AD is going to looks bad. DB is not UCONN, these r bush league SEC tactics. KO's rep and the Union will use the disgruntle employee defense which might actually work with an arbitrator.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Having a clause saying “don’t break NCAA rules” is as non-controversial as it gets. You are supposed to follow the rules. And frankly, UConn isn’t in a position to gamble on which rules it thinks are minor and which aren’t - it’s blown up in their faces too many times.

Of course winners get more leeway. Don’t stink and break the rules.

Reaction Score
Gotta admit, I don't like that smell. I love JC and I know all my heroes have their warts, but I don't like to see them exposed. I literally plugged my ears and started doing the "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" thing when my buddy started telling me about some of the stuff that went down under JC's tenure.

In true Irish fashion, part of me wants to think JC wasn't involved beyond knowing he couldn't tell Miller to lie to the NCAA without creating potential exposure for himself and more exposure for the school. I have a hard time believing he knew the extent to which Miller was going to go, or that he encouraged him to speculate like he did in order to bury Ollie.

I was looking forward to rooting for St. Joe's. Was.

judy-collins-quote-irish-alzheimers-you-forget-everything-except-the.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He got fired by UConn because he was blowing the whistle against wrong doing - he would say.
Unless Miller was blowing the whistle to someone other than Ollie before Miller was fired, I don't think that's going to work.

Reaction Score
I have not been notified the gag order has been lifted. I doubt that it will be until closure of situation.
Three general, nonspecific thoughts based on what’s public now:
1) If one thinks those workouts were less likely to happen if our S&C guy was better - that’s on Travis not Carlos since those violations were in 2015/2016.
2) Miller is a snake and will never get another D1 job. I understand he got fired and saw lots of bad stuff before that - but no one will hire him in D1 now. He won’t be trusted.
3) Ray is right, KO needs R&R and maybe he should bring Michael Bailey with him before his reputation is damaged further.
#2. Miller is a rat.
He doesn't deserve a Div. 1 job. Maybe JC can wait until it is too late to hire someone else and Miller gets the St. Joe's job.
These are all pretty minor violations if they are all true.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Eh - you're all over thinking and over playing this. Let me summarize.

AD to KO: Ok, you've really stunk up the place and it's time for you to go. We can negotiate a reduced buyout.
KO: No, I want my 10 million.
AD: Well we have a lot of evidence that will support just cause - I really suggest you take a reduced buyout.
KO: You don't have the juevos to go the distance. I'll hold my ground.
AD to GM: You mind talking to an investigator with full immunity? The family is behind you.
GM: You mean I get to burn him? Sure, I'll talk.
KO: Holy crap - you have all that on record? I shoulda taken the reduce buyout.

And that boys and girls are where we are today.

That, plus alternating bouts of pearl clutching and feces flinging in which we learn it's not just politics that makes for strange bedfellows.

Quite frankly, the recent crescendo of good vibes had nowhere else to go.

Mostly I'm grateful to be reading this with virtually no ignored content. For the first time in two years since purchase, I've opened up the laptop as a big screen tablet, and what's posted here honors the additional real estate. Without the naked trolls, we show up as a pretty interesting bunch; I hope we put as compelling a product on the court next November.

Reaction Score
#2. Miller is a rat.
He doesn't deserve a Div. 1 job. Maybe JC can wait until it is too late to hire someone else and Miller gets the St. Joe's job.
These are all pretty minor violations if they are all true.
I play d3 basketball for 1 yr. The head coach does not get more then several thousand in stipend. This is GM's salary. He will never get another job in BB that pays more then that

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Eh - you're all over thinking and over playing this. Let me summarize.

AD to KO: Ok, you've really stunk up the place and it's time for you to go. We can negotiate a reduced buyout.
KO: No, I want my 10 million.
AD: Well we have a lot of evidence that will support just cause - I really suggest you take a reduced buyout.
KO: You don't have the juevos to go the distance. I'll hold my ground.
AD to GM: You mind talking to an investigator with full immunity? The family is behind you.
GM: You mean I get to burn him? Sure, I'll talk.
KO: Holy crap - you have all that on record? I shoulda taken the reduce buyout.

And that boys and girls are where we are today.

Lmfao. The family is behind you? The same family that fired you, that will never re-hire you, and who has no current or future obligations to you? Jeez that must have meant so much to Miller in this fantasyland scenario.

They should be ashamed they signed a deal that was favorable to them? That's nonsensical.

Herbst, Warde and AD signed a deal favorable to them? That would be a first. Just like we didn't have to buyout Diaco?

Come back to reality for me for a second. They signed a horrible deal and that is why we're in this mess debating whether a phone call from Ray Allen and a couple workouts is going to void the $10M they are on the hook for.

This board is absolutely bananas on this one.

I've been calling for KO's head for years and was one of the happiest people to see him gone, but this situation reeks.

To think this is right, a common practice, or all above board means you're either willfully ignorant, a hypocrite, or an idiot.

Reaction Score
Well they haven’t won yet...

And it is better in that it’s 12 more months of Suzie Lax.

You are cheering on vile people in this thread.

It takes a high level of cognative dissonance to pretend these are ‘violations’ that don’t pale in comparison to things that happened here over the 20 prior years.

So yeah they might save some money - but you got more of a peek at the type of people that ran the AD into the ground.

I’m not hypocrtical enough to pretend a phone call from Ray Allen is a violation - I saw Ray Allen do things that were 5 million times worse.

It's not hypocritical. Any actions by a booster, even just a regular grad who wasn't an athlete, to make contact with a potential student athlete is a violation. In this case it might be considered more serious since Ollie reportedly made the contact for the recruit using his assistant's cell phone. Sure looks like it was a planned violation of a well known rule.

Reaction Score
Every donor receives a brochure every year describing how contacting a PSA is a violation unless there's a prior relationship. How did Ray Allen not know this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom