Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
if you want to get into ethics you're arguing for the wrong side

Sure sure you’ve got all the inside dirt that you’ve hinted at for years. Yet the third biggest highlight in 1,300 pages is a phone call from Ray Allen.

You must have supported the NCAA when Geno called the little league pitcher.

Reaction Score
Bitter because he got fired and setting up
lawsuit that he got fired because he warned KO about bad stuff.
LMAO GLENN MILLER THE EVIL MASTERMIND.

That’s fake because he knew KO knew the stuff already.
Of course he knew that KO knew. He probably came to KO like "hey, you've got this stuff going on, it's shady, we're going to get caught, you gotta ease off on XYZ, blah blah" and KO was dismissive.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DgK_hwAXkAAQINg.jpg

This whole discussion smells of GM being bitter he was replaced by Chill
Yeah Fultz knows a lot about UConn!!!
In the end GM says Yeah, I don't know
A lot of speculation

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Eh - you're all over thinking and over playing this. Let me summarize.

AD to KO: Ok, you've really stunk up the place and it's time for you to go. We can negotiate a reduced buyout.
KO: No, I want my 10 million.
AD: Well we have a lot of evidence that will support just cause - I really suggest you take a reduced buyout.
KO: You don't have the juevos to go the distance. I'll hold my ground.
AD to GM: You mind talking to an investigator with full immunity? The family is behind you.
GM: You mean I get to burn him? Sure, I'll talk.
KO: Holy crap - you have all that on record? I shoulda taken the reduce buyout.

And that boys and girls are where we are today.

Reaction Score
The Atlanta trip is nothing, it’s a technicality that makes people trying to get out of a bad contract excited. More serious violations happen on a weekend in September in every P5 program in the country.
What about-ism doesn’t strengthen your argument.

Reaction Score
What's the downside to this that I'm missing?

People think Glen Miller is a jerk?

People thinking that UConn is run like a business (honoring the letter of contracts only when beneficial to them)?

I'm a fan. I'm pretty cool being hypocritical on NCAA investigations.

Reaction Score
How does this effect Hurley’s recruiting? Does this cast a shadow over the program?
Recruits scared of upcoming violations and punishment against the program ?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is that legit a rule? No former players can talk to recruits?
Tell that to Coach K - he does it all the time - even uses LeBron and KD - its been documented
Melo does it consistently for Cuse and tours them through the building he built on campus

C

Chief00

DgK_hwAXkAAQINg.jpg

This whole discussion smells of GM being bitter he was replaced by Chill
Yeah Fultz knows a lot about UConn!!!
In the end GM says Yeah, I don't know
A lot of speculation

Agree, he throws Chill under the bus but has no specifics. The dude is bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
How does this effect Hurley’s recruiting? Does this cast a shadow over the program?

Recruits only care about post-season bans. That's not happening. All is fine on that front.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What about-ism doesn’t strengthen your argument.

Our terrible fanbase is why UConn got left behind... the Ollie situation has made it crystal clear these are not people you want to be in a foxhole with.

Cheering on rat Glen Miller. If I didn’t see it I probably wouldn’t have believed it.

C

Chief00

I wonder how often the NCAA gives a coach immunity? Anyone recall that happening before?

C

Chief00

AD to KO: Ok, you've really stunk up the place and it's time for you to go. We can negotiate a reduced buyout.
AD: Well we have a lot of evidence that will support just cause - I really suggest you take a reduced buyout.
AD to GM: You mind talking to an investigator with full immunity? The family is behind you.

Agree on many points, but then GM is going to sue the AD’s school for a few million dollars. So if it was set up as you surmise - it was short sighted.

Reaction Score
Our terrible fanbase is why UConn got left behind... the Ollie situation has made it crystal clear these are not people you want to be in a foxhole with.

Cheering on rat Glen Miller. If I didn’t see it I probably wouldn’t have believed it.
Yup, that was it. Our terrible fan base. Had nothing to do with grudges born from litigation or anything like that. ACC took one look at the fans and that was it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I find it pretty interesting, given the violations, that Glen Miller decided to talk in exchange for immunity. The violations outlined don't seem like they would carry any serious sanctions. It's not like Glen Miller was facing a show cause and decided to cooperate.

Smells like JC in the mix.

I don't see any way Miller didn't at least talk to JC before this NCAA involvement. And they are working together now, so clearly JC has his back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't really see it having any effect. Unfortunately Ollie burned a lot of bridges on the trail but I'm not concerned about Hurley and staff. We will get guys.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Agree, he throws Chill under the bus but has no specifics. The dude is a bitter.
Yea, but there's a lot of truth to the stuff.

Reaction Score
Rest assured this ethically challenged inept leadership team would never take responsibility for the terrible deal they signed.

Instead they enlisted employees who run another basketball program to rat out their own basketball program.

In case you were wondering what snakes do when backed into a corner...
Well you're stating your assumptions as fact.

Yes, its weak sauce what KO may have done compared to what other coaches likely do, but it's a business. KO and his agent know this due to their several negotiations with UConn over the last 6 years when they got raises. UConn knew this when they negotiated an easy way out if KO doesn't toe the line completely. Was that inept negotating on the part of the leadership team?

As you yourself have stated before, they can't pay 10 million to make Ollie walk. They don't have a printing press. They found an out. They used it and now they have a damn good coach with a damn good coaching staff in place.

Reaction Score
Just stop.

If they won and someone tried to raise this as issues you’d be one of the first to take up a torch.

Show one scintilla of integrity and don’t pretend for a second you wouldn’t.

If somone posted an instagram of some kid talking to Ray Allen on the phone it would get 100 likes.
Sure I would. But the dummy broke the rules while also failing miserably. So good riddance to that man. The eggs on his face.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom