Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You reported 11 posts and outed yourself. You are either a child or posting from a group home.

Yep, I said that after a Cult Member said that the USL team was going to be called "Whale City FC" and if any Wolf Pack fans went to game they'd be jumped "holligan style" for showing up in "their city". You really don't know what you're talking about and like I said, this isn't the forum for that. Also, really nice finding personal stuff and posting it on here while hiding behind a screen name. Really shows what type of "man" you are.

No, I won't delete those tweets because I'm not a child who runs and hides like you. You also forget that Blue and Green aren't just "Whalers colors" and that they stole them in the first place.

Reaction Score
It was amazing Elm City even managed to make the playoffs after starting the season so poorly.

Reaction Score
THE KICKOFF: NPSL will start its pro division with Founders Cup next August and at 11 least teams, including Cosmos - Front Row Soccer

Interesting that over the course of the last year HCFC went from being in NASL v3.0 to not even being considered for a new "pro" league featuring what's left of the NASL. Worth noting their social media has been radio silent since the end of the season.

Is anyone home?

Doesn’t seem like it. Semi-Pro/Minor League soccer is a money pit.

NPSL Pro seems like a waste. Why wouldn’t they just merge with NISA or vice versa. The lower leagues are too fragmented. This is where the USSF should step and incentivize consolidation. But they won’t because they are picking USL Championship, League One and League Two as the winners.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Umm...who are these teams and how do they get a chance to play in the US Open Cup??

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Umm...who are these teams and how do they get a chance to play in the US Open Cup??

It’s for all clubs in the US down to the lowest level. These are like the earliest possible rounds.

Reaction Score
I think it's like Hoosiers where everyone plays.

It is the US “Open”. It’s just qualifying too. Sort of like qualifying for the US Open golf tournament.

Reaction Score
HCFC seems alive enough to be charging aspiring players a $45 tryout fee.

Anyone heard from Elm City Express?

Reaction Score
That seems like a dumb move. Wonder if HA will sign/poach any HCFC players?

Why is it dumb? You get a game ticket, a try out shirt and two training sessions. I don’t think these tryouts are totally about actually finding players.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Welp! Elm City is folding, basically.....

Reaction Score
Welp! Elm City is folding, basically.....

Screen shot from Twitter...

Elm City.jpg

Reaction Score
Two years is about the median survival period for a 3rd division or lower team. There's a small number of clubs that have lasted a long time, but the rest come and go in a few years. Most measure their attendance in the hundreds and, unless they have a wealthy owner that just wants a team for his own entertainment or ego, the cash flow is negative from day one. Now that the MLS development clubs seem to be moving to the USL third division (primarily a money saving move as well) maybe that will create a little stability, but unless they improve at creating a player pipeline (for MLS or transfer) I'm not even sure they'll want to keep flushing away the money.

Of course, the question/challenge for Hartford is anticipating the survival prospects of USL second division (AKA USL Championship).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two years is about the median survival period for a 3rd division or lower team. There's a small number of clubs that have lasted a long time, but the rest come and go in a few years. Most measure their attendance in the hundreds and, unless they have a wealthy owner that just wants a team for his own entertainment or ego, the cash flow is negative from day one. Now that the MLS development clubs seem to be moving to the USL third division (primarily a money saving move as well) maybe that will create a little stability, but unless they improve at creating a player pipeline (for MLS or transfer) I'm not even sure they'll want to keep flushing away the money.

Of course, the question/challenge for Hartford is anticipating the survival prospects of USL second division (AKA USL Championship).

The odds of HA making it past 5 seasons are low. There is no money in lower division soccer. And since clubs don’t get solidarity payments there isn’t much incentive to invest heavily in player development.

Reaction Score
NPSL's Miami United FC draws record crowd of 11,173 fans for Penarol friendly

NPSL Team in Miami drew 11k to a Friendly with Penarol.

NPSL is launching a “Pro” Division in the fall. Such is the absurd wastefulness of lower division soccer in the US. We already have NISA which has the same philosophy as NPSL.

In Virginia Beach there is a NPSL Team and a USL PDL team sharing a stadium. Like those two teams couldn’t figure out how to merge and do something better?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
May I ask a question of the board? I'm assuming it's true but I want to confirm. Is the league Hartford Athletic is in, the 2nd best soccer league in the US?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom