Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
anyone going to either HCFC or ECX playoff game tonight?

Reaction Score
But New Britain isn't a suburb, it is it's own separate city almost 15 miles away from Hartford. All of the other teams you mentioned actually played in the cities that they use other than the "Chicago Fire" which is more of a phrase than anything else.
What part of "Chicago Fire", aka the Chicago Fire Soccer Club is a "phrase"? Anyone with any minimal knowledge of professional soccer in the US knows Chicago Fire is the MLS franchise's team name.

Acknowledging the fact Central's stadium is only about 12 miles away from even downtown Hartford, it's factually under 5 miles from the Hartford/W Hartford border. Additionally, it's closer than stadiums the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Galaxy, Chicago Fire, Atlanta Braves, FC Dallas and likely other truly professional sports franchises currently play their games to their respective city-name centers.

My oversight on the Cardinals' city to state name change. However, the incorporated cities of Plano, Anaheim, Carson and Rutherford are each located further from their markedly larger, more populated nearby metro areas than New Britain is to Hartford. "Get some facts and come back ..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What part of "Chicago Fire", aka the Chicago Fire Soccer Club is a "phrase"? Anyone with any minimal knowledge of professional soccer in the US knows Chicago Fire is the MLS franchise's team name.

Acknowledging the fact Central's stadium is only about 12 miles away from even downtown Hartford, it's factually under 5 miles from the Hartford/W Hartford border. Additionally, it's closer than stadiums the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Galaxy, Chicago Fire, Atlanta Braves, FC Dallas and likely other truly professional sports franchises currently play their games to their respective city-name centers.

My oversight on the Cardinals' city to state name change. However, the incorporated cities of Plano, Anaheim, Carson and Rutherford are each located further from their markedly larger, more populated nearby metro areas than New Britain is to Hartford. "Get some facts and come back ..."

I thought it was funny how he said that “they’ were going to make HCFC change their name.

Also, nobody other than MLS loanees will make more than 20-25k. The MLS people will be paid by MLS.

The USL pays very poorly, most players hold 2nd and 3rd jobs coaching, or working at Dick’s. It is very hard for a pro athlete to care of himself on that salary.

Reaction Score
I thought it was funny how he said that “they’ were going to make HCFC change their name.

Also, nobody other than MLS loanees will make more than 20-25k. The MLS people will be paid by MLS.

The USL pays very poorly, most players hold 2nd and 3rd jobs coaching, or working at Dick’s. It is very hard for a pro athlete to care of himself on that salary.

I never said they were making them change their name. I just said that I would be surprised if they did. No need to make stuff up to feel important.

Reaction Score
He loves arguing semantics, it's his MO. Everything he's posting is irrelevant anyways since he won't be supporting the club because it's most likely blue & green color scheme. Just ignore him.

Why wouldn't I support them? I don't hate blue & green. If I did then I wouldn't have those colors in my avatar the would I? Think before you post.

Reaction Score
Day 1 for this team.

Feel free to start a new thread on that new outlet before you get banned again.

Banned for what? This thread is called "Hartford/Elm City" and he's posting about Hartford's new USL team. If he is going to get banned for that post then we all should get banned for our posts about the USL team as well.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't I support them? I don't hate blue & green. If I did then I wouldn't have those colors in my avatar the would I? Think before you post.

As well? I wouldn't be surprised if Hartford and the new team make HCFC change their name just so people don't get confused, or buy tickets to the wrong place. I still think it's silly to have a team call itself "Hartford" when they never played a game in the city, and are playing over ten miles away from it. Also, HCFC isn't professional or even semi-professional because the players aren't getting paid. They're more of a club team than anything else at this point. Maybe if the NPSL could get organized then it might be on the level of the USL, but until then, it will never be anything but that.

Read your own posts.

Reaction Score
Read your own posts.

Did you read it? I never said the USL team was going to make HCFC change it's name. I just said "I wouldn't be surprised if Hartford and the new team [does]".

Reaction Score

Biggie who do you think you're fooling guy? You loathe the everything Whalers. Acting like I don't know...

Reaction Score
Did you read it? I never said the USL team was going to make HCFC change it's name. I just said "I wouldn't be surprised if Hartford and the new team [does]".

The USL team is the new team you goober. You’re so confused.

Who exactly were you referring too? You’re backpedaling into a pit of lava here.

Reaction Score
You should get banned for you and your buddies making troll accounts on a UConn messageboard to argue semantics about soccer in Hartford county (that you don't even support btw). It's your new campaign you're waging I guess. Cool life..

Reaction Score
Cowtown is clearly not one of your buddies with yet another fake account.... Nooooo couldn't possibly be

Reaction Score
Biggie who do you think you're fooling guy? You loathe the everything Whalers. Acting like I don't know...

I don't "loathe the everything Whalers". I used to love the team and collected cards and Whalers stuff when I was a kid. Then they left. Like I said, if I hated them then why would I use their colors and logo? I have done tons of things to honor the Whalers over the years. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
I don't "loathe the everything Whalers". I used to love the team and collected cards and Whalers stuff when I was a kid. Then they left. Like I said, if I hated them then why would I use their colors and logo? I have done tons of things to honor the Whalers over the years. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Bro, I've argued with over the years on various Hartford Hockey pages and yes, you do loathe the Whalers. Again, you're not fooling anyone.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Hartford and the new team make HCFC change their name just so people don't get confused, or buy tickets to the wrong place.

The USL team is the new team you goober. You’re so confused.

Who exactly were you referring too? You’re backpedaling into a pit of lava here.

Not backpedaling, I just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Reaction Score
what a continued waste of a conversation.

here's to hoping for Hartford and New Haven wins tonight and a beautiful redeveloped Dillon stadium in 2019.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Hartford and the new team make HCFC change their name
I never said they were making them change their name. I just said that I would be surprised if they did. No need to make stuff up to feel important.
Without drumming up more dubious stuff counselor, which legal grounds do you inexplicably think the City of Hartford or the new USL team would cite to "... make HCFC change their name ..."?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom