Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sounds about right - whenever I ask about the quality of NPSL (stronger than people think) it would always be deflected to the.. 'but we're going to the NASL and its going to be awesome' response. We see how that worked out.

Now he's setting his sights on a new league called "NISA: National Independent Soccer Association." From what I've read, the original intention for NISA was to obtain D3 sanctioning and be a feeder league for NASL.
Did they leave NPSL or are they still in it?

Reaction Score
Isn’t NISA DOA though? I haven’t been keeping up.
Seems like it. One of the co-founders passed away in February and there hasn't been any major updates from the league since December.

From the conversations I've had with Sarwar I get the feeling he's still holding out hope for NISA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was a public hearing on April 2nd regarding Dillon Stadium. Here is the video of that...

Reaction Score
Seems like it. One of the co-founders passed away in February and there hasn't been any major updates from the league since December.

From the conversations I've had with Sawar I get the feeling he's still holding out hope for NISA.

Cool. How much do you talk to Sarwar? Is he actively looking for outside investors? I almost wish some of these big thinking clubs like Elm City, Chattanooga, Detroit, Kingston and Hartford would take matters into their own hands and make a new DIII League.

But the USSF probably wouldn’t sanction them unless they genuflect to MLS somehow.

Reaction Score
How much do you talk to Sarwar? Is he actively looking for outside investors?
I talk to him once in awhile. As for seeking outside investors, I wouldn't have a clue. But I do believe his family has an ownership stake in the team though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get 10 boneyarders together as an ownership group, get a kickstarter going and we could have our own NPSL team. We can play home games in @whaler11 s backyard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Get 10 boneyarders together as an ownership group, get a kickstarter going and we could have our own NPSL team. We can play home games in @whaler11 s backyard.

My friends in Arizona put in field turf. I’m jealous.

Reaction Score
If only all these teams hadn’t left the NASL and continued to aspire to a higher level of professionalism. Chasing the MLS dream is a death sentence.
It's not like they would've lasted in NASL either. I firmly believe the only reason they haven't folded by now is because they made the smart decision to play in the USL.

Reaction Score
It's not like they would've lasted in NASL either. I firmly believe the only reason they haven't folded by now is because they made the smart decision to play in the USL.

Bunch of USL teams folding or going down a step in the past season. Most notably the Rochester Rhinos.

It’s hardly the promised land. I bet 5-6 teams fold next winter. It’s hardly the professional environment it’s made out to be as well. Players can’t live on 20k a year and take care of themselves and develop.

Reaction Score
Bunch of USL teams folding or going down a step in the past season. Most notably the Rochester Rhinos.
What are you talking about??

For the 2017 season, USL had 30 teams. Of those 30 teams, only 1 club ( Vancouver Whitecaps 2) officially folded after the season ended and 2 clubs (Orlando City B and the Rochester Rhinos) went on hiatus.

For the 2018 season, USL has 33 teams. Of those 33 teams, 2 are former NASL clubs (Indy Eleven and North Carolina FC) and 4 are expansion clubs (Atlanta United 2, Fresno FC, Las Vegas Lights FC, and Nashville SC.)

The league has also approved several other expansion locations for future seasons in Birmingham, Austin, Memphis, Chicago, Oakland East Bay and El Paso.

Oh and Hartford is another city that can be the future home to a USL club very soon!

Not bad for a D2 league you described as "hardly the promise land." I understand you and others don't like the USL but don't make up stuff just for the sake of discrediting the league.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What are you talking about??

For the 2017 season, USL had 30 teams. Of those 30 teams, only 1 club ( Vancouver Whitecaps 2) officially folded after the season ended and 2 clubs (Orlando City B and the Rochester Rhinos) went on hiatus.

For the 2018 season, USL has 33 teams. Of those 33 teams, 2 are former NASL clubs (Indy Eleven and North Carolina FC) and 4 are expansion clubs (Atlanta United 2, Fresno FC, Las Vegas Lights FC, and Nashville SC.)

The league has also approved several other expansion locations for future seasons in Birmingham, Austin, Memphis, Chicago, Oakland East Bay and El Paso.

Oh and Hartford is another city that can be the future home to a USL club very soon!

Not bad for a D2 league you described as "hardly the promise land." I understand you and others don't like the USL but don't make up stuff just for the sake of discrediting the league.:rolleyes:

Don’t forget about the Wilmington Hammerheads and the Montreal 2 last season.

Soccer isn’t going to get that World Cup bump this summer. And those Independent teams in USL are pretty fed up with MLS2 teams gumming up the works. It’s going to get ugly.

We’ll see who is right next Spring.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about the Wilmington Hammerheads and the Montreal 2 last season.
Yeah some other guy already explained what happened to them after you brought it up the first time around...

upload_2018-4-8_22-34-18.png

We’ll see who is right next Spring.
Game on!:cool:

Reaction Score
Yeah some other guy already explained what happened to them after you brought it up the first time around...

View attachment 30517

Game on!:cool:

I guess Wilmington never came back. I guess he/you were wrong. They dropped down to PDL permanently and that isn’t even professional soccer.

The MLS2 teams don’t even draw flies and they are money losers. In KC they will practically pay you to attend a game.

Reaction Score
Like how you were wrong about Rochester "folding"?

How's NASL's 2018 season going? Oh wait...

They aren’t coming back man. Just stop torturing yourself.

I’ll enjoy watch USL teams shutter this winter once the MLS Ponzi scheme sweepstakes ends.

Reaction Score
I’ll enjoy watch USL teams shutter this winter once the MLS Ponzi scheme sweepstakes ends.
I doubt USL will shoot themselves in the foot like NASL did. The sky's the limit for them.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom