Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread has a bit of a Judean People's Front/Peoples Front of Judea vibe going on.

Reaction Score
I talk to him once in awhile. As for seeking outside investors, I wouldn't have a clue. But I do believe his family has an ownership stake in the team though.

His family is primary owner of the club - he is always open to investment opportunities, from my understanding of our conversations. HSG, on the other hand, has quite the war chest.

Reaction Score
His family is primary owner of the club - he is always open to investment opportunities, from my understanding of our conversations.
He had some big ambitions but was in way over his head.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He had some big ambitions but was in way over his head.
Yeah, for sure. Especially his outlook on joining the NASL. I know the club is financially not doing well at this point, but that was to be expected.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah, for sure. Especially his outlook on joining the NASL. I know the club is financially not doing well at this point, but that was to be expected.
I think losing out on Dillon was a big blow. He always wanted to be THE Hartford club and now that's gone. Will be interesting to see what happens. Too bad too, the guy really seemed to want to have a successful club for the city without wanting tons of city or state funding to do it. (I'm sure that would have changed after a few years if he got Dillon and did the small upgrades he promised)

Reaction Score
I know the club is financially not doing well at this point, but that was to be expected.
Don't quote me on this but some people I've chatted with claim the team lost upwards of $100K last year.

I think losing out on Dillon was a big blow. He always wanted to be THE Hartford club and now that's gone. Will be interesting to see what happens.
HCFC can still play in Hartford (Trinity or UHart) but that all depends on what he wants to do. I can't imagine he wants his team playing in New Britain forever.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
HCFC can still play in Hartford (Trinity or UHart) but that all depends on what he wants to do. I can't imagine he wants his team playing in New Britain forever.
Im sure they can but that wasntw his goal.

Reaction Score
Im sure they can but that wasntw his goal.
Yes but the most logical thing to do now is for him to move on and focus on the future of HCFC. Life doesn't stop just because they lost the fight.

Reaction Score
I think losing out on Dillon was a big blow. He always wanted to be THE Hartford club and now that's gone. Will be interesting to see what happens. Too bad too, the guy really seemed to want to have a successful club for the city without wanting tons of city or state funding to do it. (I'm sure that would have changed after a few years if he got Dillon and did the small upgrades he promised)

We’re talking about minor league soccer here. It always boils down to how much money a millionaire is willing to lose. None of them make money so in the end it boils down to spending on a passion.

That being said, this latest Hartford team might come to fruition but after two seasons it might fold after when the owners decide that they prefer to not lose 2-3 million bucks a year.

That being said, there is no way an NPSL team which is Semi Pro is losing that kind of money. So Sarwar should just figure out a way to keep the team going because in lower division US Soccer nothing ever lasts.

Also, I don’t see why Hartford couldn’t accommodate two tenants. That would be funny if the NPSL team outdrew the USL team.

Reaction Score
Yes but the most logical thing to do now is for him to move on and focus on the future of HCFC. Life doesn't stop just because they lost the fight.
which is exactly what he is doing

Reaction Score
That would be funny if the NPSL team outdrew the USL team.
You wish. HCFC plays at a stadium that can only hold a few hundred people at a time while the renovated Dillon will hold a few thousand. You do the math.

Reaction Score
Did they qualify for the US Open Cup this year?
No. but don't ask me how they could've cus it confused the heck outta me lol

You wish. HCFC plays at a stadium that can only hold a few hundred people at a time while the renovated Dillon will hold a few thousand. You do the math.
IF, and again, **IF** HCFC played at Dillon with the USL team as co-tenants - I think attendance would be a lot closer than you would think. HCFC has wonderful grass roots presence that continues to grow. USL will struggle to bring in members of Agents of Hale who have, to their own detriment, created an us vs them mentality already towards USL.

Reaction Score
USL will struggle to bring in members of Agents of Hale who have, to their own detriment, created an us vs them mentality already towards USL.
USL Hartford will do just fine without those clowns. If they want to hold a grudge against the new team just because they're playing at Dillon and HCFC isn't, then it's their loss.

Reaction Score

Well, if they played in the same stadium.

By the way, some of these USL teams don’t even draw flies. Just because they play in a big stadium doesn’t mean they will get anything other than friends and family attending.

Reaction Score
By the way, some of these USL teams don’t even draw flies. Just because they play in a big stadium doesn’t mean they will get anything other than friends and family attending.
Let's see what happens come 2019. I'll be at games for sure. How about you? I know KC is quite the distance from here though.:p

Reaction Score
Let's see what happens come 2019. I'll be at games for sure. How about you? I know KC is quite the distance from here though.:p

I went to a Swope Park Rangers game once. They are one of the better teams in the league. They get a few fans from the Cauldron and it’s friends and family after that, although they claim to get 1000 people per regular season match. (Bottom 3 in the league)

They shared a small “stadium” with the NWSL team that moved to Salt Lake City.

Reaction Score
I went to a Swope Park Rangers game once. They are one of the better teams in the league. They get a few fans from the Cauldron and it’s friends and family after that, although they claim to get 1000 people per regular season match. (Bottom 3 in the league)
Every league, regardless of sport and level of play, has teams that draw flies. For some reason you love to focus on the handful of the USL teams that are lacking fans. How about the teams that do have fans, hmm?
upload_2018-4-10_12-48-36.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog