Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
Aligning yourself with basically the worst outlet in MLS isn’t a winning strategy. The Krafts don’t invest anything in the Revs. That team is an eyesore.

Reaction Score
It will go over fine as long as the club is unaffiliated. If they actually team up with Kraft, everyone involved in this can go rot.

You call yourself a "fan" of Hartford and yet you won't support Hartford soccer if they're affiliated with the Revs? Hypocrite much?

Reaction Score
Forget about Kraft, try rationally justifying a proposed $10m bond issuance to Connecticut's actual tax-revenue generators. In particular as Hartford supposedly fights to stave off bankruptcy and a consequent bailout, good luck rationalizing adding more GO tax burden and limited ticket sales are unlikely to service revenue bonds. Perhaps Connecticut's taxpayers string up and flog political-appointee state bond commissioners. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No Filter on tap right next door!
After multiple beers, some CT tax revenue-generators may be sufficiently trashed to buy whatever may be the $10 million Dillon Stadium bond argument. Go team TBD! ;)

Reaction Score
IMO - would be a shame for the new club to be granted exclusive access to Dillon which has been reported to be a term in their lease agreement. Would be a real bummer for HCFC and what Aaron has done with that club.

Perfect world - HCFC is sold to HSG to participate in USL at Dillon.

Reaction Score
IMO - would be a shame for the new club to be granted exclusive access to Dillon which has been reported to be a term in their lease agreement. Would be a real bummer for HCFC and what Aaron has done with that club.

Perfect world - HCFC is sold to HSG to participate in USL at Dillon.

Agree with you there that HCFC would be sold with the logos, unis, and supporters crew. Not going to happen it looks like though. Unfortunate because Aaron did such a good job.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Dillon Stadium Deal Headed For Public Hearing, Vote

Interesting bit here:
Freimuth said CRDA was recruited to manage the stadium because the city and sports group both wanted the state in charge.

“We went around and around on this,” he said. “The team did not feel comfortable with the city running it, nor did the city feel comfortable with the team running it.

So they don’t trust Hartford so the state is on the hook when/if this goes belly up or the owners never come through with a team?

I guess the positive side is that if the team never materializes, HCFC could always move in?

Reaction Score
So they don’t trust Hartford so the state is on the hook when/if this goes belly up or the owners never come through with a team?

I guess the positive side is that if the team never materializes, HCFC could always move in?
As long as the Hartford City council votes in favor of HSG/CRDA, the USL has said there will be a team.

Reaction Score
Dillon Stadium Deal Headed For Public Hearing, Vote

HSG/USL is ready to rock if/when the stadium funding is approved. Still holding out hope that HCFC and HSG can work something out to combine forces, but that seems very unlikely at this point per my conversations with both ownership groups.

Reaction Score
Still holding out hope that HCFC and HSG can work something out to combine forces, but that seems very unlikely at this point per my conversations with both ownership groups.
I'm wondering when HCFC will finally start playing in Hartford? I swear Sawar was looking at both Trinity and UHart at one time.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
As long as the Hartford City council votes in favor of HSG/CRDA, the USL has said there will be a team.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
HSG/USL is ready to rock if/when the stadium funding is approved. Still holding out hope that HCFC and HSG can work something out to combine forces, but that seems very unlikely at this point per my conversations with both ownership groups.
I'm excited at this prospect, I don't care who runs the team as long as they have some competence. Louisville has Hookers and blow, that Hartford neighborhood will have Hooker and futbol.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering when HCFC will finally start playing in Hartford? I swear Sawar was looking at both Trinity and UHart at one time.

They did look at both - not sure why he decided to stay at CCSU - him and I do not see eye to eye. They're hoping to get into Dillon, but that's still looking unlikely as HSG is pursuing their exclusive rights.

Reaction Score
They did look at both - not sure why he decided to stay at CCSU
I asked him recently about playing in Hartford and he deflected the question by talking about how nice it is to play at CCSU.

Reaction Score
I asked him recently about playing in Hartford and he deflected the question by talking about how nice it is to play at CCSU.
Sounds about right - whenever I ask about the quality of NPSL (stronger than people think) it would always be deflected to the.. 'but we're going to the NASL and its going to be awesome' response. We see how that worked out.

Reaction Score
Sounds about right - whenever I ask about the quality of NPSL (stronger than people think) it would always be deflected to the.. 'but we're going to the NASL and its going to be awesome' response. We see how that worked out.
Now he's setting his sights on a new league called "NISA: National Independent Soccer Association." From what I've read, the original intention for NISA was to obtain D3 sanctioning and be a feeder league for NASL.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom