Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
Keep posting. I've gone from being a big supporter to apathetic about the whole thing if it means lining up next to you.

The team needs its own identity. They will never be the Failers. The Failers died in 1997.

Reaction Score
Sorry HWP, looks like this thing backfired on you. :D:D:D

More like backfiring on you.:p

ThePuppyPound currently has a superjohn because there's a good chance any future team could be named in honor of the Failers but what he keeps forgetting is there's also a good chance the team could be affiliated with the Revs (who are owned by Kraft). And he's already publicly stated he would never support the team if that were the case. Talk about a conflict of interest LMFAO
upload_2018-1-3_21-8-52.png

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

The first few comments in this article on the Courant are spot on. There are a lot of wack jobs who post on there but these are spot on. The fact the city is putting a single penny towards this project is a joke. I don't wanna hear from the USL guy about this because I know all you have to say.

Bottom line is that this is a crime on the taxpayers of Hartford. It's nice they want to bring in a soccer team and all but following so closely on all the bankruptcy news, it's really poor to say you'll foot the 7 million dollar bill and not ask for anything but rent from not yet existent team.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is that this is a crime on the taxpayers of Hartford. It's nice they want to bring in a soccer team and all but following so closely on all the bankruptcy news, it's really poor to say you'll foot the 7 million dollar bill and not ask for anything but rent from not yet existent team.
With Hartford on the state dole, bottom line is that this is a crime on the taxpayers of Connecticut.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
With Hartford on the state dole, bottom line is that this is a crime on the taxpayers of Connecticut.
Yeah I'm curious if the state is going to step in on this and say wait a second....

However, I don't know if the money they're pulling from is already in that account. Supposedly it's a fund used to clean up blighted buildings and fix up others. So that money might already be in the fund?

If it's not, the state should step in and say hell no

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm curious if the state is going to step in on this and say wait a second....

However, I don't know if the money they're pulling from is already in that account. Supposedly it's a fund used to clean up blighted buildings and fix up others. So that money might already be in the fund?

If it's not, the state should step in and say hell no

CRDA Backs Woodbridge Businessman For Dillon Stadium Renovation

upload_2018-1-6_21-38-19.png

Reaction Score
So the money is there already?? Still think it's poor timing to announce with all the budget issues.

We'll see how it all plays out but I wouldn't be shocked to see some public backlash

There will be backlash for sure. No question about it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

60% of the properties in the city of Hartford are not eligible for the tax rolls. Where the heck would you like them to get any sort of revenue base?

(I agree, tax the churches, but besides them, its mostly state buildings)

Reaction Score
60% of the properties in the city of Hartford are not eligible for the tax rolls. Where the heck would you like them to get any sort of revenue base? (I agree, tax the churches, but besides them, its mostly state buildings)
As if the City of Hartford itself holds no decades-long and going blame for its' massively diminished corporate and individual tax base, well done!. Epic fail, but your wallet (or empathetic contributions from afar)? ;)

Reaction Score
So the money is there already?? Still think it's poor timing to announce with all the budget issues.

We'll see how it all plays out but I wouldn't be shocked to see some public backlash

There is no vision behind this thing. It’s Ready, Fire, Aim.

It’s a pity about the NASL. For a time it had a higher caliber of player and paid players twice as much as the USL.

I was reading somewhere that the avg USL payroll was around 300k!

Reaction Score
There is no vision behind this thing. It’s Ready, Fire, Aim.

It’s a pity about the NASL. For a time it had a higher caliber of player and paid players twice as much as the USL.

I was reading somewhere that the avg USL payroll was around 300k!

And right now the league is having trouble holding onto teams.

Reaction Score
He can't afford the artificial turf?

Good

I know upkeep costs, but most players prefer to play on natural grass?

Hopefully it will stay that way.
Please no artificial turf.

Turf would be awful. But bad a bad grass pitch can be even worse. Hopefully the they budget for that.

Reaction Score
Turf would be awful. But bad a bad grass pitch can be even worse. Hopefully the they budget for that.

Why is artificial turf so bad? Most modern turfs are very similar to grass fields and much less expensive over time.

Reaction Score
Why is artificial turf so bad? Most modern turfs are very similar to grass fields and much less expensive over time.

Bad aesthetics and the ball doesn’t bounce the same. At the highest levels you never see artificial turf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom