Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
Thanks I didn't know this. So why is there such angst about this club being the Revs affiliate? I get that they aren't the most exciting club, but isn't it better to watch future talent that might get called up then teams that aren't affiliated? I will admit, I don't know what happens to players who show promise on non affiliated teams. Can they be signed and called up by any MLS team?

If you have a club that is dependent on the parent club for talent selection then you don’t have a club you have a McDonalds.

Reaction Score
Ihe USL is a better and more stable league than the NPSL and the owner of the new Hartford team was actually willing to put up enough money to actually fix Dillon Stadium.
Not so impressive USL may be a better league than unimpressive NPSL, but how much were the purported new USL teams owners actually willing to put up to supposedly "... fix Dillon Stadium"? What's the definition of "... actually fix Dillon Stadium"?

Lots of talk, heavy doses of PR, but what facts support the purported ownership commitment? Specifically, how much in real dollars were contractually committed? Until now, the owners and data boy don't appear to have put much of if anything beyond blah, blah, blah yapping. @Biggie1083 ? Anyone?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
two words - Bob Kraft.

Really!?! Are you still blaming Kraft for what happened with Adriaen's Landing? I wouldn't have agreed to the deal Rowland was trying to force him into. Rowland wasn't even going to let the stadium go out for bid, and was going to make sure his buddies were going to build everything for twice the price.

Reaction Score
Really!?! Are you still blaming Kraft for what happened with Adriaen's Landing? I wouldn't have agreed to the deal Rowland was trying to force him into. Rowland wasn't even going to let the stadium go out for bid, and was going to make sure his buddies were going to build everything for twice the price.

I've read up quite a bit on this topic and they branded Rowland's deal the richest a city ever offered a pro team at that time in 1998. I'll try to find the article but 1 NFL owner at the time anonymously said he would be nuts to turn it down. Something to that effect. I'll try to dig it up.

Reaction Score
Who cares what you would have done?

Kraft is a POS.

Reaction Score
It's a slap in the face if he wants us to be his minor league affiliate considering we would support the Revs better than Mass does if they played at Rentschler Field. That should be the real conversation - relocating his team to East Hartford (taking necessary precautions of course). Anything short of that we should want nothing to do with him.

Reaction Score
It's a slap in the face if he wants us to be his minor league affiliate considering we would support the Revs better than Mass does if they played at Rentschler Field. That should be the real conversation - relocating his team to East Hartford (taking necessary precautions of course). Anything short of that we should want nothing to do with him.

CT needs a Billionaire to buy the Revs and move the them to Hartford. The Rent is practically already a soccer specific stadium and it is horribly under utilized.

That would be thinking big.

Reaction Score
CT needs a Billionaire to buy the Revs and move the them to Hartford. The Rent is practically already a soccer specific stadium and it is horribly under utilized.

That would be thinking big.

Drunkard Kraft owes us. He's partially to blame for losing the Whalers and 100% to blame for the Patriots debacle .

Reaction Score
She loves him so much.

0111-robert-kraft-ricki-noel-lander-getty-3.jpg

Reaction Score
Drunkard Kraft owes us. He's partially to blame for losing the Whalers and 100% to blame for the Patriots debacle .

He doesn't owe us anything because the Whalers leaving had nothing to do with him. The state didn't care about the team, and you saw that when they agreed to let them out of their contract by only paying $20 million in penalties. If the state actually cared about the Whalers they would have never let the team out of their contract early, and they definitely wouldn't have only made them pay a small amount of money to make up for them leaving. We have to stop blaming people that had nothing to do with the Whalers leaving because it was the state that didn't even care enough to do anything. It's the same reason why I don't see them coming back either. The state would rather spend money on stupid things we don't need, and put us more into debt then actually trying to fix the problems we have so we can actually make money. I'm glad that they finally decided to sell the XL Center but it might be to late for that. It looks like the only deals that are coming in are deals where the sate would have to buy the building back in a few years, and that is just stupid. We need someone to buy it and either fix it up for what we have, or to actually spend the money and make it a "NHL ready" arena. That still doesn't guarantee that we'd get a team, but at least the state would finally be able to make money for the building without having to pay to fix it every few years.

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah... Rowland didn't care as much as he should of because he thought he was going to lure the Patriots (due to Kraft's disingenuous intentions).. . The state did offer to pay for a $147M new arena which was more than generous/competitive. I'm not going to go in circles with you on this because you like to distort history and pervert facts for your own self interests.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So Elm City plays in US Open cup tonight. Saw Kingston also is playing. How do you qualify for that? I'm assuming HCFC did not qualify?

Reaction Score
Elm City beat Western Mass 2-1
Kingston lost to the Long Island Rough Riders 6-3
And in the battle of ‘best names ever’... Brooklyn Italian SC lost to 2-0 to Landsdowne Boys FC.

Reaction Score
HCFC beat ECX 2-1. Was a competitive game. The goal scored by Andre Morrison to open the scoring was a beauty. Btw Andre Morrison was drafted 68th overall by TFC, so much for being a beer league..

Reaction Score
It's early but I expect Hartford City to go further in the playoffs this season. All the key players from last year have returned: F Ryan Taylor, D Kieran Simms, G Hami Kara, F Luke Alvaro, Felipe Mendes & F Paulinton Johnson. The key additions have been D Andre Morrison (TFC draft pick), F Rashawn Dally (Jamaican Natl Squad) and D Andrew Geres (UConn product who started 32 games JR/SR seasons).

Media – Hartford City FC has a good breakdown of the team

Reaction Score
fun crowd in the rainy conditions. great to see folks coming out for local CT soccer, regardless of the level of play

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom