Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
You know today is a good day when USL haters are obsessing over a league they claim to hate. haha

Reaction Score
Why do they need to be "independent clubs to grow the game"? I understand they all don't need to be affiliated with a MLS team but I think having the connection to the MLS would help bring in people. Just look at what's happened with other independent sports leagues over the years. They've all either signed contract agreements with a major league, became an affiliated minor league, merged with an affiliated minor league or the major league, or they've folded completely. What also doesn't help is that the NPSL is a league with 98 different teams, and they are equal to the PDL which has 74 teams, and then there is talk of adding a league between the USL and the NPSL & PDL. I think there are more than enough teams to handle the talent base.

Ehh wrong again.

Just having teams is not enough. You need an Academy structure with a path to a professional career so that our players develop on the same glide path as other nations.

The problem with American players is that they stop developing at the same rate as other countries between 16-18.

Secondly you speak as if MLS is bigtime popular. It’s not.

If you want to be reminded of what popularity looks like then look at the ICC this summer and recalibrate yourself. MLS is at best the third or fourth most popular league in the United States.

You’ve been slurping Cancer Don Garber’s juices too much.

Reaction Score
You know today is a good day when USL haters are obsessing over a league they claim to hate. haha

Haha. Too stupid to read the article. It wasn’t specific to one league and it used facts and data. Obviously that’s beyond your ability to comprehend.

Reaction Score
Haha. Too stupid to read the article. It wasn’t specific to one league and it used facts and data. Obviously that’s beyond your ability to comprehend.
Oh yeah? Then why is "USL" mentioned 20+ times in the article and has a large photo of a USL soccer ball at the top of the page? I understand you're mentally slow, but you might want to actually read the article before running your stupid mouth. Even though you fall flat on your face every time, it really was a nice try. LOL
upload_2018-4-19_12-38-29.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh yeah? Then why is "USL" mentioned 20+ times in the article and has a large photo of a USL soccer ball at the top of the page? I understand you're mentally slow, but you might want to actually read the article before running your stupid mouth. Even though you fall flat on your face every time, it really was a nice try. LOL
View attachment 30842

Finally read. I guess you missed the part about Rocco losing 18 mil and the Indy 11 owner. There was really no agenda in the article, it defined the high ownership turnover pretty well.

Reaction Score
And you became a soccer fan yesterday. Exactly.
Wrong again...as you usually are. Just because I haven't been on this board as long as you doesn't mean I started liking soccer yesterday. Not to mention I actually go to games around here in Connecticut. Can you say the same? Probably not. You're just another out of state moron who thinks he knows what's best for a state he's never been to. That's some logic I'll never understand.

Finally read. I guess you missed the part about Rocco losing 18 mil and the Indy 11 owner. There was really no agenda in the article, it defined the high ownership turnover pretty well.
Oh but you just said the article wasn't "specific to one league." I don't see any other league mentioned as much as the USL. Just another lame attempt on your part to discredit the league. You're going to have to do better than that.

Reaction Score
Ehh wrong again.

Just having teams is not enough. You need an Academy structure with a path to a professional career so that our players develop on the same glide path as other nations.

The problem with American players is that they stop developing at the same rate as other countries between 16-18.

Secondly you speak as if MLS is bigtime popular. It’s not.

If you want to be reminded of what popularity looks like then look at the ICC this summer and recalibrate yourself. MLS is at best the third or fourth most popular league in the United States.

You’ve been slurping Cancer Don Garber’s juices too much.

Ummm..... What does MLS's popularity have to do with them being the top league in the US?

Reaction Score
Wrong again...as you usually are. Just because I haven't been on this board as long as you doesn't mean I started liking soccer yesterday. Not to mention I actually go to games around here in Connecticut. Can you say the same? Probably not. You're just another out of state moron who thinks he knows what's best for a state he's never been to. That's some logic I'll never understand.

Oh but you just said the article wasn't "specific to one league." I don't see any other league mentioned as much as the USL. Just another lame attempt on your part to discredit the league. You're going to have to do better than that.

Welcome to being a soccer fan noobsauce.

Reaction Score

Who are you trying to fool? You only support the Crap Pack. The ONLY team I don't support is them because they suck. You don't support UConn Athletics, the Yard Goats, Hartford City, the CT Whale when they existed, etc. etc.

And funny thing is if the USL team is named Whale City you won't be supporting that either. Snowflake :D

Reaction Score
We gotta stop arguing with these WP fans making these accounts. Getting tiresome. Both these guys know each other in real life so they're just teaming up on you @ZooCougar

Reaction Score
We gotta stop arguing with these WP fans making these accounts. Getting tiresome. Both these guys know each other in real life so they're just teaming up on you @ZooCougar

I'm not "teaming up" on him. I'm just trying to understand what you guys have against the USL and them bringing a team to Hartford? The USL is a better and more stable league than the NPSL and the owner of the new Hartford team was actually willing to put up enough money to actually fix Dillon Stadium. HCFC was only willing to put up a little bit of money and it wasn't enough anything at all at the stadium.

Who are you trying to fool? You only support the Crap Pack. The ONLY team I don't support is them because they suck. You don't support UConn Athletics, the Yard Goats, Hartford City, the CT Whale when they existed, etc. etc.

Well, he isn't trying to fool anyone because he does support a few of those teams. I have seen him at games for all of those team other than HCFC because I haven't gone to one of their games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I feel like Biggie is trying to have a legit convo, Reptar/Sonar/HWP was not. Glad to see he's gone, again

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Preseason win but good for them.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
On a different note, if a team on USL is associated to a MLS club, the player get "called up" mid season like in minor league baseball? Or is it a spot where players spend whole seasons?

Reaction Score
On a different note, if a team on USL is associated to a MLS club, the player get "called up" mid season like in minor league baseball? Or is it a spot where players spend whole seasons?

Yup. They even let injured players have warm up games like in baseball.

Most of the MLS2 squads practice with the big teams. And since MLS2 teams aren’t allowed to play in the US Open Cup some of them send their players up to the MLS side for US Open Cup matches.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Yup. They even let injured players have warm up games like in baseball.

Most of the MLS2 squads practice with the big teams. And since MLS2 teams aren’t allowed to play in the US Open Cup some of them send their players up to the MLS side for US Open Cup matches.
Thanks I didn't know this. So why is there such angst about this club being the Revs affiliate? I get that they aren't the most exciting club, but isn't it better to watch future talent that might get called up then teams that aren't affiliated? I will admit, I don't know what happens to players who show promise on non affiliated teams. Can they be signed and called up by any MLS team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom