Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems?

Reaction Score
We already have a thread for best CT grinder and Wethersfield Pizza’s Chicken Parm is the winner. /thread

For lunch spots I’ll contribute by adding Dhaba Walla. Indian fast food.

Reaction Score
MMs Gyros on temple street. Theres a couple gyro places in hartford but this one is on a different level.

I haven’t been to the one on temple,but I think the gyro and kebab house on Pratt St is real good.

Goldburgers or rooster in newington
2nd the dawg house

Reaction Score
It’s been awhile but a trip to the Polish National Home was always an adventure. If the waitress thinks you are taking too long to order you’ll end up with the polish sampler. Take it easy on beer though. Small cups but they pack a punch.
Another option is pho Boston right on the line with West Hartford—bear A Dongs. That’s a good choice this time of year.
I recommend the Pho (Saigon?) in front of Pho Boston.

Reaction Score
We already have a thread for best CT grinder and Wethersfield Pizza’s Chicken Parm is the winner. /thread

For lunch spots I’ll contribute by adding Dhaba Walla. Indian fast food.
Love everything else but not the bread that comes with "Indian Street Food".

Reaction Score
Vietnamese ravioli, beef pho and the shaken beef at the Vietnamese Restaurant up the road can't be beat.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There’s like 4 Pho restaurants in that area, and another half dozen on Park Street. Pho Boston is consistent but it isn’t spectacular and is a bit overpriced for a bowl of broth.

King and I Thai before it changed ownership on Park Street was in my opinion the best Asian take out/dine in restaurant in the state. Since the new owners it’s okay but just doesn’t taste the same, not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If your downtown, the Russell just opened a quick takeout spot on Pratt beside their main restaurant. Jerk chicken, Jamaican patties, good portions, quick service.

Reaction Score
My new favorite restaurant is beachland tavern, elmwood westhartford. The smoked kitchen sink wings are the best I had in CT

There are a bunch of good places in Elmwood now. Beachland Tavern, Nummi, Vietnam, Corner Pug, Goldberg’s, Hartford Baking Co., Pepe’s, Hot Basil, Raquet Coop.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Claudias grinders in Farmington(?), best Italian sub I’ve ever eaten, by far. Half grinder feeds two people.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Corner Pug is a quality spot. Their Mac N Cheese is awesome and they stand all the pasta upright.

I'm a big fan of Plan B on Park Rd in West Hartford too.

Reaction Score
Weren’t you with us when we tried to go to the bar there and they were just about ready to close up shop at 930? This was years ago now.

Yup. Never tried the food though. We just booked out of there after getting a drink at “last call”.

Reaction Score
Mill on the River SWindsor and Bricco Glastonbury. Not just the food but the bartenders trust me, depending on the day!;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You beat me to the punch. Ordering a chicken cutlet from Wethersfield Pizza means you will have fed yourself for an entire week. I think they put 100 cutlets in each sub.
And I believe it's also minestrone season there now, amirite @Deepster?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom