Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Golden Krust if nobody mentioned it yet. I'm too lazy to read it all.

Reaction Score
Grinders:
Chicken cutlet:Wethersfield pizza house
Meatballs: franklin giant or corner grinder
Sausage: Dibacos
Beef Cutlets: Kensington market
Cold cut grinder: laRosas

Reaction Score
Claudia's in Farmington on Rt 4 is absolutely fuego. Chicken parm GODS.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
It’s been awhile but a trip to the Polish National Home was always an adventure. If the waitress thinks you are taking too long to order you’ll end up with the polish sampler. Take it easy on beer though. Small cups but they pack a punch.
Another option is pho Boston right on the line with West Hartford—bear A Dongs. That’s a good choice this time of year.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Coyote Flaco on new britain ave is my go to for mexican.

Reaction Score
I drove by there a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe that's still open. My parents got chicken from there all the time. If it's anything like it was back then, it's definitely worth checking out.
It is! Ask for Sylvia. The owner! It takes 20 mins after your order to receive the goodies. Fresh :) I am as old school as you can get though at times.

Reaction Score
The Vietnam Restaurant in West Hartford, New Britain Ave.

Chef's Dog House in Newington.

Corner Pug, West Hartford.

Hot Basil, West Hartford.

El Pollo Guapo, Wethersfield.

Reaction Score
It’s been awhile but a trip to the Polish National Home was always an adventure. If the waitress thinks you are taking too long to order you’ll end up with the polish sampler. Take it easy on beer though. Small cups but they pack a punch.

Can't believe I missed this one. Totally a hidden gem in Hartford and has been featured in Gourmet magazine. I'm half polish and the pierogi are worth the trip alone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Would have to drive way over the speed limit to get there within 15 minutes from downtown Hartford though.

Besides, you can get a Ted's at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Hot and Spicy Chicken at Saigon Kitchen. Don't order anything else.
Chicken cutlet grinder at Cornerstone on Main St.

The chicken cutlet grinder was legendary there decades ago. Is it still as good?

I have a hidden gem on Main St. in Manchester. Bui. Real good Vietnamese food. A little pricy for lunch, but definitely yummy. I had dinner there tonight and am already looking forward to the next trip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. Carl's BBQ in East Hartford is real good. I usually go with the Jamaican Jerk Chicken sandwich.

I will second this. Yummy food from an absolute hole in the wall. Sketchy area, next to a package store But damn that food is good.

Reaction Score
I will second this. Yummy food from an absolute hole in the wall. Sketchy area, next to a package store But damn that food is good.
That’s what makes it a “hidden gem” gotta try it!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just want to say that if I have been critical of basketball-related posts by anyone contributing to this thread, I apologize. We may differ in temperament or outlook, but somehow a thread like this is akin to sharing a meal together. Peace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom