Hannah Gusters??? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Uconn has TALENT in CW, Walker, Danger, ONO, Touly (when well), incoming Griffin--TALENT galore. What is needed is the 6 '2 Swin Cash, 6 ft something Tamika Williams, 6 ft Shea Ralph, the 5'11 Barbara Turner---Talent and determination.
6ft something Willnet defeated 6ft 5 Bales, BT scored on her until dehydration took over her calfs.
I think you can say---TALENT with determination MAY overtake Size.
Personally, with ONO, I want more size.
Do you believe The 2002 team could have defeated the 2018/19 Baylor team that Uconn WBB faced this year? I don't believe the 2002 team played many teams with that kind of size.
TN had Michelle Snow, as a Sr. 6-5. She was pretty good.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned before, the undefeated team of 2002 didn't have a starter taller than 6'2". You need talent, not size.

The undefeated 1995 team had 6’4 and 6’7 in the starting lineup.
The undefeated 2009-2010 teams had 6’4 in the starting lineup
The undefeated 2014 team had 6’4 and 6’5 in the starting lineup
The undefeated 2016 team had 6’4, 6’2, and occasionally 6’3 in the starting lineup

Talent and size are not mutually exclusive and there were too many talented 6’2+ players in the last 5 years that for some reason completely avoided UConn.

Reaction Score
@Scoop Agrees with ME! I'm in great company. ONO, with a Soph leap, will serve UCWBB well. If you add the others on the current team and Griffin how can anyone think this will be a down year. Caveat: I'll still take a big or 2.

Reaction Score
The undefeated 1995 team had 6’4 and 6’7 in the starting lineup.
The undefeated 2009-2010 teams had 6’4 in the starting lineup
The undefeated 2014 team had 6’4 and 6’5 in the starting lineup
The undefeated 2016 team had 6’4, 6’2, and occasionally 6’3 in the starting lineup

Talent and size are not mutually exclusive and there were too many talented 6’2+ players in the last 5 years that for some reason completely avoided UConn.
Looking inwardly, Uconn has size with talent. They have midsize with talent and they have Danger with mucho talent. Walker has proven to be a pretty fair post defender and scorer. I won't dwell on those that some think avoided Uconn--players choose and some make bad choices.
I fully agree Size and Talent are NOT mutually exclusive. Too much proof to indicate that is true.

Reaction Score
Yes, the 2002 UConn team would have beaten the 2019 Baylor team. Sue and Diana would have picked them apart.
While no one shall ever know the truth, It would have been a fun game to watch. My favorite UC WBB team 2002, those that follow that for 2 or 3 years were fun also.

Reaction Score
I expect ONO to have a breakout year her sophomore year. We saw her go through the learning regimen, and make typical freshman mistakes and adjustments that ALL freshmen make. It's a rite of passage. I think ONO will prove to be a Godsend before she's done. I LIKE ONO!!! Let me be very clear about that. Even though this was her first year, I saw some things from her that gave me lots of hope for the near future, beginning in November. ONO is NOT a freshman anymore. I fully expect to see evidence of a sophomore leap. Her best days/games are definitely in front of her. I expect to see lots of double-doubles from her. Don't get hung up on her stature. She's bigger than DeWanna Bonner, and she's a WNBA champion and all-star. Hopefully Geno can get her some help for next year and beyond. I'd hate to think of where UConn would be without her.
Thank you---I'm high on ONO. If we only look at the way she played in the Final Games in the NCAA. She was against 5th year seniors and mostly held them in check. To me that was OUTSTANDING.. Obviously, I agree with all you say, and this too.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Aw Hell, Pope says it does not exist--no more sulphur smelling, Although I feel my feet getting very hot One foot in.
Guess I should have more properly said hydrogen sulfide/ mercaptan. All my gas lights smell of it. ;)

Reaction Score
"It's very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas"....really? Don't tell that to Taylor Jones (#8/Oregon State) and London Clarkson (#19/Florida State). Just to name a few. Players leave their home states all the time.
Whether hard to leave or not, very few do. Few exceptions compared to a huge population of strong women's basketball talent.

Reaction Score
"It's very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas"....really? Don't tell that to Taylor Jones (#8/Oregon State) and London Clarkson (#19/Florida State). Just to name a few. Players leave their home states all the time.

I haven't done a scientific survey but I think it's probably fair to say that as a percentage Texas programs do a great job of keeping their best players in-state..............certainly better then New Jersey does...........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Forgot that---Snow was better than good. Thanks.
Michelle Snow went 10th in the draft ....

who were numbers 1,2,4 and 6?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1 sue bird, storm
2 swin cash, shock
4 asjha jones, mystics
6 tamika williams, lynx
This raises a question: How many #1 overall picks played with another #1 overall in college?

Sue and Diana

Tina and Maya

Chiney and Nneka?

Catch and Chamique?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maybe we can ask Tom to supply us with a swerve button so we can quickly tell when posts go off on a completely different tangent???? :rolleyes::confused:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This raises a question: How many #1 overall picks played with another #1 overall in college?

Sue and Diana

Tina and Maya

Chiney and Nneka?

Catch and Chamique?
Aside from Meg and Christyn and in 2020 Paige and Christyn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom