Hannah Gusters??? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

Reaction Score
There are very tall women who play basketball and there are coaches that coach very tall women who play basketball. Some very tall women do not work out in there positions because the coach does not understand how to teach or coach very tall women in that position. To give the benefit of the doubt to the coach, maybe the very tall woman, might not understand how to perform using her talents and gifts correctly. On the other hand, there is UConn. UConn coaches seem to be the best teachers in the business of women's basketball. The probability is such that if a very tall woman, or a very short woman, (CD) with gifts and skills can become excellent in playing the sport of basketball. It seems to me that if the set of coaches is correct and are excellent teachers, that is the first start of developing a very tall person to achieve excellence in basketball. Sometimes, young women do not understand that point when they make those choices. Baylor, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, and Stanford come to mind, that seem to understand that point as well. You can bring the horse to the water, however, you cannot make the horse drink.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Not only ice cream. CT is the world leader in apizza. It gets documented repeatedly online that Frank Pepe's in New Haven, as well as a few other locations, is the best pizza anywhere. Almost any non-chain CT pizza restaurant is better than you will find anywhere else. We lead the nation in ice cream and pizza. 15 combined NCAA D-I national BB titles, more than any other school in the country, attest to that fact.

While agreeing that the pizzas I grew up with in Connecticut still set the standard -- and it's the thick, rich red sauces that I mostly don't find almost everywhere else -- I have lately discovered one that competes. It's Mountain Mike's, a NorCal chain with some OR, NV, UT locations. it's anecdotal because I've only tried two stores in Sacramento, but their quality has been consistently excellent -- for sauce, crust and toppings. The McKinley version has been our house pizza for a few months now.

Note that after living in the West for 30 years that my tastes have modified a bit -- the slight cayenne sting in MM's sauce is a plus for me, which wouldn't have been true when I lived in CT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
- I have lately discovered one that competes. It's Mountain Mike's, a NorCal chain with some OR, NV, UT locations.
Fake news! CA pizza universally SUCKS. I have been out here nearly 30 years, have yet find anything better than mediocre and yes, I have tried MM and most of the other highly-touted places. CT pizza by far the best. I just got back from a CT visit. First night had Frank Pepe's - sheer heaven! That and some whole belly fried clams and I returned a happy guy!

Reaction Score
While agreeing that the pizzas I grew up with in Connecticut still set the standard -- and it's the thick, rich red sauces that I mostly don't find almost everywhere else -- I have lately discovered one that competes. It's Mountain Mike's, a NorCal chain with some OR, NV, UT locations. it's anecdotal because I've only tried two stores in Sacramento, but their quality has been consistently excellent -- for sauce, crust and toppings. The McKinley version has been our house pizza for a few months now.

Note that after living in the West for 30 years that my tastes have modified a bit -- the slight cayenne sting in MM's sauce is a plus for me, which wouldn't have been true when I lived in CT.
Sorry I ate at Pepe's and others in CT when I lived there and NYC/Brooklyn have the top pizza. That said my favorite ice cream was Rich Farms in Oxford CT.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Another Post/PF Player doesn't sign with UConn. Don't understand why Geno/Chris have difficulty signing players of size over the last few years. They have a great record of putting Post/PF's into the WNBA.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Another Post/PF Player doesn't sign with UConn. Don't understand why Geno/Chris have difficulty signing players of size over the last few years. They have a great record of putting Post/PF's into the WNBA.
Almost all the top posts UConn has missed on (Wilson, Cox, Collier, Gusters, etc.) have elected to stay close to home. Boston is the one true head scratcher who’s decision is hard to explain. Thank goodness for Liv.

Reaction Score
Cardoso and Daniels are the only remaining big American (as in playing in America) recruits I can think of.....................perhaps UConn will have to wait for DeBerry in '21..............

Reaction Score
Cardoso and Daniels are the only remaining big American (as in playing in America) recruits I can think of......perhaps UConn will have to wait for DeBerry in '21....
Can’t Aubrey jump like crazy. Maybe she can help with bigs like gabby since they play bigger than their size

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can’t Aubrey jump like crazy. Maybe she can help with bigs like gabby since they play bigger than their size
Aubrey is thin, but she is long and has hops. I believe she can dunk a softball or a volleyball. I’m not sure about a basketball.

Reaction Score
So teams found out a formula to beat UConn 4 to 5 body's on the team a ball handler who's clutch and a great 3 point shooter. But to be honest I think this season is ok if ONO can stay out of foul trouble. At the end of the day what big is going to stop our speedy guards in the open floor. do we have 3 point shooters to bust that zone????

Reaction Score
So teams found out a formula to beat UConn 4 to 5 body's on the team a ball handler who's clutch and a great 3 point shooter. But to be honest I think this season is ok if ONO can stay out of foul trouble. At the end of the day what big is going to stop our speedy guards in the open floor. do we have 3 point shooters to bust that zone????

UConn has lost 5 games in the last 4 years. I’m not sure that qualifies as a formula.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom