Hannah Gusters??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

Reaction Score
Patience my friend, patience. Please know that the entire staff is working diligently to try and assemble the best roster possible for next season. Rome was not built in a day. It's still April. ;)

speaking of Rome..........................aren't there any good Italian WBB players that UConn could recruit for next year?......................I mean who's going to do a better job recruiting Italy then Geno?.....................;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stop it. You guys are mean. I gave the OP a like just because he started this very funny thread. :D
Would also like to thank OP for starting this thread. Funniest replies I've read all week. I have an additional confusion. This OP said thank you and see you in the fall just last week. Has there been a change of heart plans. He/she has posted more often since saying goodbye -just sayin.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Would also like to thank OP for starting this thread. Funniest replies I've read all week. I have an additional confusion. This OP said thank you and see you in the fall just last week. Has there been a change of heart plans. He/she has posted more often since saying goodbye -just sayin.
I am guessing that the OP poster has slept during this time and miraculously found new gut feeling related things to post. Trust me.

Reaction Score
The state of Texas also breeds terrific bigs. Sedona Prince, Lauren Cox, Charli Collier, Queen Egbo, Na’Lyssa Smith, Brittany Griner, Teaira McCowan, Joyner Holmes, Ciera Johnson, Kelsey Bone, etc. Not saying all ended up being stars, but were all very highly ranked prep players. They have had success keeping them home.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
speaking of Rome......aren't there any good Italian WBB players that UConn could recruit for next year?.......I mean who's going to do a better job recruiting Italy then Geno?......;)

Great observation. The answer is no one. Rome to date is virtually untapped. Geno would have a field day there. He’s a favorite son that speaks the language and understands the culture. Once he contacted Dee and her family, no one else had a prayer of getting her.

The clincher would be to treat them to dinner at his restaurant during a campus visit. After being served an authentic home cooked Italian meal with all the trimmings, no doubt a verbal would be forthcoming. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon.
But the mentioned "Commitment is coming soon" in no way mentioned a specific school, correct? It's just your feeling that UConn is in the running?
Now it's making sense. :rolleyes:

BTW Isn't she considering about 15 potential schools?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The state of Texas also breeds terrific bigs. Sedona Prince, Lauren Cox, Charli Collier, Queen Egbo, Na’Lyssa Smith, Brittany Griner, Teaira McCowan, Joyner Holmes, Ciera Johnson, Kelsey Bone, etc. Not saying all ended up being stars, but were all very highly ranked prep players. They have had success keeping them home.

Yes, and that’s the problem. We need several of them to embrace a sense of “wanderlust .” ;)

Reaction Score
Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon. What are our chances with this talented 6’4 player??? I know she’s from Texas and believe she had home visits with Baylor , Texas and UCONN ... it’s very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas. Both Baylor and Texas seem to have luck with these kids and seem to have luck landing bigs. We need bigs .. I hope we end up landing her... if so what a huge pickup and stealing one right out of Texas. Lastly I’m hearing about a young women of Morris a 6’6 JUCO player visiting Mississippi State. Why isn’t Geno jumping in this?? We needs bigs for next year. What I can’t understand .. these top programs are heavy with bigs but continue to go after more.. how many bigs can one roster have and UCONN can’t even get a back up for Olivia. Something has to change because having guards are great but u need bigs. I say Geno goes hard after every big I don’t care if there a work in progress... that’s why Geno makes over a million a year... Coach up kids ... this is what didn’t get this team over the hump the past 3 final fours ... lack of depth and lack of height.. if we had those we wouldn’t have needed to lose on buzzer beater shots... look at next year once again a depleted roster why all the other top programs are continuing to reload year in and year out. Only top team that will have the same isssue as us will be Notre Dame.
Please stop. The horse is DEAD.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Guys, a number of us have had some fun at BB's expense, myself included. But I have to say, there is something infectious about BB's "filter proof", whipsaw inducing posts here on the BY. In past years, there's a pretty significant dropoff in postings after the season, but BB is leading a relentless charge to make the offseason a head spinning, eyebrow raising free for all here on the BY.

So with all seriousness, my message to BB is, "Keep at it and to hell with anyone who doesn't share your passionate enthusiasm about UConn WBB."

Reaction Score
Patience my friend, patience. Please know that the entire staff is working diligently to try and assemble the best roster possible for next season. Rome was not built in a day. It's still April. There's a lot of time left for the staff to receive commitments from the potential recruits they've contacted. They've already contacted all of the recruits and potential graduate transfers they are interested in for next year. For the next few weeks, we'll have to play the waiting game.

Rest assured that Geno and staff (and everyone here in the yard) are fully aware of our critical need for BIGS. We have needs everywhere, especially at the 5. The drought won't last forever. Geno is not done yet.

I expect a minimum of 2-3 more players will be brought in for next season, maybe more. There are still plenty of non top 100 players and graduate transfers available that can help us next season. Over 600 players are in the transfer portal that can help us after sitting out a year. Hopefully Geno has seen some he likes, and has already made contact with them.

I'm sure you know that under no circumstances can the office comment on any high school players they're recruiting or in contact with until a national letter of intent (NLI) has been received. Players can announce via social media that they have made a commitment if they want to, but not the schools. That is a violation of NCAA rules.

Believe me, the rest of us are just as anxious as you are, but most of us have been through this before, and know when we can expect to hear something. Right now, it's too early. Most of the players in the transfer portal will make a decision in the next 35 days (by the end of May). They have to enroll in their new school of choice before the fall classes begin in late August. In the next 2-3 weeks, we should begin to hear where some of those in the transfer portal have decided to go. Until then, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best.
Like the Somali pirate kept telling Captain Phillips (in the movie)......"Everything is going to be alright". ;)
Scoop, you either have the patience of Job or you just like to type. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's two championships among the 10 players you just named. In the mean time and in between time that pint size PG from Texas has 4 all by herself. Maybe more of these Texas kids should be heading towards Storrs, CT. Hannah come on down, you are the next contestant on " Who wants to win a championship".

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's two championships among the 10 players you just named. In the mean time and in between time that point size PG from Texas has 4 all by herself. Maybe more of these Texas kids should be heading towards Storrs, CT. Hannah come on down, you are the next contestant on " Who wants to win a championship".
Agree completely with your sentiment, but Ms Gusters may be somewhat confused by your directions....

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Please show me that post or quote it.

Go back to the post you quoted and it's there as a linked attachment from Orangutan on the 2020/2021 recruits forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom