Hannah Gusters??? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But the mentioned "Commitment is coming soon" in no way mentioned a specific school, correct? It's just your feeling that UConn is in the running?
Now it's making sense. :rolleyes:

BTW Isn't she considering about 15 potential schools?

Gusters had just three home visits in March: Baylor, Texas, and UConn. Those would appear to be the three finalists.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
why, Oh why, do I read these :confused:. O yeah, It's the dead period and nothing meaningful is going to happen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Without mentioning any names, there is a poster on here who ASSURED us last year we were getting a big named Boston. It was all but guaranteed... until she chose SC. Until someone commits, nothing is certain... take it all with a grain of salt.... and remember about blind squirrels when people pat themselves on the back...

I remember that poster also. He was so sure Boston was a UConn "lock", he was willing to bet the farm. When Boston did a 180 on us at the 11th hour, we were all surprised, p***ed off, dumb struck, and left with our mouths agape. After that reveal, it took me about 3-4 days to recover. I was numb. :confused: I can only imagine how Geno felt.

That poster was humbled BIG time, and had to step back into the shadows and went dark for a few days to recover. He also ate a healthy serving of crow and humble pie, which I hear he had trouble keeping down. :eek: Word is he'll be issuing no more assurances or guarantees of that nature ever again. ;) You just can't rely or hang your hat on the musings of 18 year olds these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I remember that poster also. He was so sure Boston was a UConn "lock", he would have bet the farm. When Boston did a 180 on us at the 11th hour, we were all surprised, p***ed, off dumb struck, and left with our mouths agape. After that reveal, it took me about 3-4 days to recover. I was numb. :confused: I can only imagine how Geno felt.

That poster was humbled BIG time, and had to step back into the shadows and went dark for a few days to recover. He also ate a healthy serving of crow and humble pie, which I hear he had trouble keeping down. :eek:Word is he'll be issuing no more assurances or guarantees of that nature ever again. ;) You just can't rely or hang your hat on the musings of 18 year olds these days.
This was definitely a strange situation to all of us. But I've continued to wonder how much Auriemma knew all along and if it was a complete surprise to him. In other words did he and the staff consider her a lock all along?

Reaction Score
Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon. What are our chances with this talented 6’4 player??? I know she’s from Texas and believe she had home visits with Baylor , Texas and UCONN ... it’s very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas. Both Baylor and Texas seem to have luck with these kids and seem to have luck landing bigs. We need bigs .. I hope we end up landing her... if so what a huge pickup and stealing one right out of Texas. Lastly I’m hearing about a young women of Morris a 6’6 JUCO player visiting Mississippi State. Why isn’t Geno jumping in this?? We needs bigs for next year. What I can’t understand .. these top programs are heavy with bigs but continue to go after more.. how many bigs can one roster have and UCONN can’t even get a back up for Olivia. Something has to change because having guards are great but u need bigs. I say Geno goes hard after every big I don’t care if there a work in progress... that’s why Geno makes over a million a year... Coach up kids ... this is what didn’t get this team over the hump the past 3 final fours ... lack of depth and lack of height.. if we had those we wouldn’t have needed to lose on buzzer beater shots... look at next year once again a depleted roster why all the other top programs are continuing to reload year in and year out. Only top team that will have the same isssue as us will be Notre Dame.

As I mentioned before, the undefeated team of 2002 didn't have a starter taller than 6'2". You need talent, not size.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As I mentioned before, the undefeated team of 2002 didn't have a starter taller than 6'2". You need talent, not size.
In reality you need both because this is still basketball we are talking bout. If you can only have one talent will ALWAYS trumps size.

Reaction Score

2002 was such a long time ago, the game has changed, look at how much bigger and faster some of the girls are now days compared to 2002.

Reaction Score
Big enough to get the job done!!! ;)
Let's See: Stef was 6'5, got the job done. Gabby 5 ft 11--got the job done. Napheesa 6 ft 2 (almost) got the job done. Even ONO against ND (twice) --got the job done (when she was in). Uconn is truly bless with ONO. We tend to forget how good she really is and how outstanding she can be.
I believe in loving the one I have rather than the one that may be--or could have been. However, I won't reject a top 6 ft 5 or 7 that is close to Steff.

Reaction Score
Uconn has TALENT in CW, Walker, Danger, ONO, Touly (when well), incoming Griffin--TALENT galore. What is needed is the 6 '2 Swin Cash, 6 ft something Tamika Williams, 6 ft Shea Ralph, the 5'11 Barbara Turner---Talent and determination.
6ft something Willnet defeated 6ft 5 Bales, BT scored on her until dehydration took over her calfs.
I think you can say---TALENT with determination MAY overtake Size.
Personally, with ONO, I want more size.
Do you believe The 2002 team could have defeated the 2018/19 Baylor team that Uconn WBB faced this year? I don't believe the 2002 team played many teams with that kind of size.

Reaction Score
Uconn has TALENT in CW, Walker, Danger, ONO, Touly (when well), incoming Griffin--TALENT galore. What is needed is the 6 '2 Swin Cash, 6 ft something Tamika Williams, 6 ft Shea Ralph, the 5'11 Barbara Turner---Talent and determination.
6ft something Willnet defeated 6ft 5 Bales, BT scored on her until dehydration took over her calfs.
I think you can say---TALENT with determination MAY overtake Size.
Personally, with ONO, I want more size.
Do you believe The 2002 team could have defeated the 2018/19 Baylor team that Uconn WBB faced this year? I don't believe the 2002 team played many teams with that kind of size.

The 2002 UConn team would have beaten this year's Baylor team by 30! I think this year's UConn team would have beaten Baylor in the NC game, I really do.

Reaction Score
"It's very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas"....really? Don't tell that to Taylor Jones (#8/Oregon State) and London Clarkson (#19/Florida State). Just to name a few. Players leave their home states all the time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let's See: Stef was 6'5, got the job done. Gabby 5 ft 11--got the job done. Napheesa 6 ft 2 (almost) got the job done. Even ONO against ND (twice) --got the job done (when she was in). Uconn is truly bless with ONO. We tend to forget how good she really is and how outstanding she can be.
I believe in loving the one I have rather than the one that may be--or could have been. However, I won't reject a top 6 ft 5 or 7 that is close to Steff.

I expect ONO to have a breakout year her sophomore year. We saw her go through the learning regimen, and make typical freshman mistakes and adjustments that ALL freshmen make. It's a rite of passage. I think ONO will prove to be a Godsend before she's done. I LIKE ONO!!! Let me be very clear about that.

Even though this was her first year, I saw some things from her that gave me lots of hope that said breakout will come sooner than later. In November, she’ll be 17 months into the program. I expect the light to have come on by then.

ONO is NOT a freshman anymore. I fully expect to see evidence of a sophomore leap and all of the work and reps she’ll put in over the summer. Her best days/games are definitely in front of her. I expect to see lots of double-doubles from her.

Don't get hung up on her stature. She's bigger than DeWanna Bonner. Bonner is a 9 year WNBA veteran, league champion and all-star. Hopefully Geno can get her some help for next year and beyond. I'd hate to think of where UConn would be without her.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I expect ONO to have a breakout year her sophomore year. We saw her go through the learning regimen, and make typical freshman mistakes and adjustments that ALL freshmen make. It's a rite of passage. I think ONO will prove to be a Godsend before she's done.
[/QUOTE

Make some room you guys, I'm in that fan club too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom