Hamilton Update | The Boneyard

Hamilton Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@jerrymeyer247: I'm being told by a good source that Daniel Hamilton isn't going to sign a LOI but is firm w UConn. We will see how works out, tho

That was in response to someone on twitter. I don't blame Daniel for doing this at all.

Reaction Score
Sorry about this. I didn't see the updates in the other thread.

Reaction Score
This makes no sense. Either he's coming or not. The Kasongo recruiting is less of a circus than this.

@jerrymeyer247: I'm being told by a good source that Daniel Hamilton isn't going to sign a LOI but is firm w UConn. We will see how works out, tho

That was in response to someone on twitter. I don't blame Daniel for doing this at all.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This makes no sense. Either he's coming or not. The Kasongo recruiting is less of a circus than this.

With Kasongo it was his people & these recruiting gurus that turned it into a circus. With DHam it is purely the media. They could simply wait for an update straight from the source, but instead they choose to update their predictions everyday.

Reaction Score

His good source is the boneyard. He knows as much as we do.

caw

Reaction Score
With Kasongo it was his people & these recruiting gurus that turned it into a circus. With DHam it is purely the media. They could simply wait for an update straight from the source, but instead they choose to update their predictions everyday.

Well it's also partially the fact he hasn't signed (and may never sign any LOI). It gives the media plenty to speculate on, esp. after his brother switched.

I don't think Daniel will go elsewhere, but he's smart enough to leave himself room to switch, after his brothers issues. Plus if his Grandmother is actually that sick, well, who knows.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If I were an elite basketball player I would do the same -- not because I'm looking elsewhere, but because I don't have to and just in case.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's fairly clear that this is the way it's heading - not ideal by any stretch.

We'll know Hamilton is a Husky when we see him in a uniform.

Reaction Score
The best thing for us as far as DH is concerned is if DD continues to improve all year and is on his way to the NBA next year. Other then that Fishy is spot on- we will know when he gets here. Until then feel free to drive yourself nuts.

Reaction Score
So in reality... He's not firm at all....I wonder if he's waiting to see if Deandre and/or Boatright leave

Reaction Score
Yeah, at this point, they would have been better off going all in on Devin Robinson.

Reaction Score
I agree, I think it's < 50-50 he ends up here, but sure hope he does. The fact he wants to keep his options open indefinitely only means he isn't 100% certain.

It's fairly clear that this is the way it's heading - not ideal by any stretch.

We'll know Hamilton is a Husky when we see him in a uniform.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I agree, I think it's < 50-50 he ends up here, but sure hope he does. The fact he wants to keep his options open indefinitely only means he isn't 100% certain.

This is how I look at it...

He's playing the game to his advantage.

It's better for us if he signs, but he's doing what past experience tells him is better for him.

So be it. I suspect the odds are in our favor, I'm a big fan of the kid and I hope he shows up....but I will not worry about it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So do we recruit as though he's not coming then? Do we make it known that we consider ourselves to be wide open at the wing?

Reaction Score

It's better for us if he signs, but he's doing what past experience tells him is better for him.

So be it. I suspect the odds are in our favor, I'm a big fan of the kid and I hope he shows up....but I will not worry about it.
The odds will increase in our favor even more so during the year as uconn garnishes even more media attention.

Reaction Score
Yeah, at this point, they would have been better off going all in on Devin Robinson.

Waiting for someone to mention this. The thought crossed my mind as well, but the whole concept of the LOI is becoming less common so maybe it's OK in DH's case. KO just needs to keep in touch with him and ensure the commitment remains strong.

Reaction Score
So do we recruit as though he's not coming then? Do we make it known that we consider ourselves to be wide open at the wing?

Both Amore and Borges have said the staff have no concerns about his committment

Reaction Score

Agreed...Other top recruits are doing it (Stanley Johnson), its just made a bigger issue because it's UConn and his family history

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton is a kid whose brother lost a year of eligibility because he signed a LOI. He also has a father who clearly is not a fan of the whole concept of signing an LOI. So while his not signing (if that's what happens) will make us all hold our collective breath until September 2014, it's not necessarily indicative of Hamilton wavering in his commitment. Plus as aceboon pointed out, the staff has told the beat guys that they do not believe he is wavering. We also have not heard anything regarding the staff reaching out to new SF names on the recruiting trail, which would be another tell-tale sign that we're losing Hamilton.

It's not ideal, but there are other factors at play here besides Daniel questioning his decision.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Both Amore and Borges have said the staff have no concerns about his committment
Was wondering...if the staff can't comment on specific recruits do they speak in code?

Reaction Score
Was wondering...if the staff can't comment on specific recruits do they speak in code?
I don't think it's from the staff since they can't comment on recruits, but instead from people in the program who would definitely know.

Reaction Score
He is not wavering....

...now.

The only good thing for UConn is that the draft is so deep at this point, it may dissuade all but the top players from leaving for the NBA after this year. There may not be as many open scholarships at other schools come summer.

caw

Reaction Score

Pretty sure the staff can tell anyone anything, as long as they aren't public statements or "on the record". If not I know a few staffs who are in trouble.

Reaction Score

they can't speak publicly on recruits, I'd imagine they probably talk about recruits to reporters off the record to give them a sense of whats going on.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22